The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Can you post your custom XF setting for new user?

Dan Santoso

Hi all,

I just got my XF, it seems the camera is fully customizable.

It will be great if someone can recommend custom setting button that useful for easier operation and use or other recommended setting for the system

I shoot mainly people in studio and nature when I have holiday.

Thanks,
Dan

Chipcarterdc

As I understand it, "AF priority" mode means that pushing the primary shutter button (under your right forefinger) won't fire the shutter unless and until the subject is in focus according to the AF sensor.

"Release priority" means the shutter will fire when you press that button, regardless of whether the subject is in focus per the AF sensor.

I have mine set to release priority because I have autofocus activation set exclusively to the rear thumb button so that I can do focus and recompose without having to maintain half pressure on the forefinger shutter button in order to hold the selected focus point and without having to worry that the AF point will change when I push the front forefinger shutter release to fire the shutter (because the focus point will no longer be in the center of the AF sensor point once I've focused and recomposed). If I had it set to "AF priority" then the shutter would not fire under this method.

can someone tell me; AF priority release vs focus difference?

Thanks