The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

XF...The smaller things in life...

aztwang

So after some initial issues with my original XF, then intermittent viewfinder errors, an attempted repair by P1 and most importantly my dealer, Capture Integration who stepped up huge to take care of me and represent my concerns, I received my New XF last week. It's better than perfect and today like a little kid, I installed my cropped focus screen, my used hand strap than Ken gave me and now have plenty of extra batteries. I have been playing around with My Case Builder and created an pretty cool case to house ALL of my MF gear, a Storm 2720. Its big but it will be perfect for local work, always having everything at my fingertips. So far I've had the opportunity to get thru 4 shoots with my XF/IQ250 combo and could not be happier, no issues and my confidence level is back at a 10.
Many of these things may seem trivial but to me these small pieces of the puzzle make my experience pretty dam cool!
Thanks Dave Gallagher for having my my six, Steve Hendrix for orchestrating everything, Prez ( Brad Kaye) for testing these camera bodies constantly, I think you may have slept with them a time or two..LOL
and Cam, Bryant and Sam for being there, Ya'll are amazing.

Medium Format..where's it going???? Not sure for the rest of ya'll but Phase One Medium Format is definitely going where I go......

Ciao

Don

Don Libby

If you decide to concentrate only on the negative then by all means bring backups; don't forget to also bring a backup back, lenses, cards, batteries and don't forget a second computer.

"Things" fail and in most cases they get fixed. Like Don I received better than excellent service both from my dealer Capture Integration as well as from Phase One. My IQ180 is repaired and I'm moving beyond that and going back to work.

Just my 2-cents

aztwang

OP

Could this mean that traveling with a second XF body would be a good idea?
As Don replied...my interpretation...Be realistic. If your shooting for a client, hell yes have a back up, thats standard SOP
no matter what you shoot. I always have a Nikon system standing by....And before you ask, Its affordable for me.
Do I cringe waiting for the hammer to drop and have my XF fail..? Absolutely freaking NO!

Cheers

Don

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
If you decide to concentrate only on the negative then by all means bring backups; don't forget to also bring a backup back, lenses, cards, batteries and don't forget a second computer.

"Things" fail and in most cases they get fixed. Like Don I received better than excellent service both from my dealer Capture Integration as well as from Phase One.
Hmm, that sounds like my packing for a road trip :ROTFL:

Ditto too on dealer support. CI got Phase One to drop ship overnight a replacement XF to test with some v4 firmware issues I'm challenged with on my IQ150. It turns out XFs were all perfect but the v4 firmware, IQ150 and XF combo not so much. If anyone is seeing focal plane shutter sync issues when shooting long let me know ...

algrove

Not focusing on the negative, but in some remote locations a backup might come in handy. Perhaps just renting one for those situations might be an alternative.

The PO 5 year solution is incredible. Well worth having.