The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Focal Length Equivalents

Transposure

Hi Guys,
I tried searching this topic and can't seem to find an answer. If it has already been discussed, please link me.
I am trying to determine the focal length equivalents for a tech camera as compared to a 35mm DSLR.

Basically in a nutshell, if I have used a 24mmTSE and 17mmTSE on my Canon 35mm DSLR system, what are the equivalent focal lengths for a Rodenstock or Schneider lens used on a Cambo WRS 1200 with a Credo 60?

I suspect the 24mmTSE would correspond to a focal length in the 40's for the tech cam (45mm? 47mm?).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ken

Jamgolf

Its actually factor of sensor size not the camera type irrespective of whether Credo 60 is used on a tech camera or on Phase XF or Hasselblad Hx.
For a Credo 60 factor is approximately 1.55 i.e. you just multiply your full frame DSLR lens's focal length by 1.55 to get the equivalent focal length with Credo 60.
e.g.
24mmTSE => 24 x 1.55 => ~37mm on Credo 60 to get similar field of view
17mmTSE => 17 x 1.55 => ~26mm on Credo 60 to get similar field of view

Since there is no 37mm lens available, so SK35 or 40HR are choices closest to your 24mmTSE
Similarly there is no 26mm lens available, so 23HR, 28HR or SK28 are choices closest to your 17mmTSE

Last edited:

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Note our calculator allows you to include shift-stitches when calculating an equivalent focal length. Just click where it says "1-shot" and select a stitching number of rows/columns/spacing.

Transposure

Thanks all! Huge help!!
I have another question relating to tech cam compatibility, but it is slightly off topic, so I started another thread.