The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A Mamiya 6 OR Hasselblad 500cm

fotografz

Leica M and Hassey 500 ... two peas in a pod when it comes to tactile feel. Solid. Forever.

To experience different aspects of photography, it's cool to use both.

Mine is on a tripod only in studio, or when sporting the 350mm lens.

One of my favorites is to shoot out-dated Polaroid film (or Fuji) and scan it on a flat bed. Wahooo!

Mamiya 7-II is cool too. But I sold mine because I just couldn't warm up to it. The Hassey 500 is still here. I just bought the old girl a Think Tank roller of her own ... 'cause she deserves it after all these years. ;)

bensonga

...The Hassey 500 is still here. I just bought the old girl a Think Tank roller of her own ... 'cause she deserves it after all these years. ;)
So true, so true....:thumbs:

(My 501CM, 553ELX and 503CWD travel in Pelican cases, hard and soft).

Helen....I know you're thinking film here, but remember that your Hasselblad 500 series camera (the V system) could someday sport a CFV back too. I'm sure prices of these backs will fall substantially over the coming years. You would then have the best of both worlds...classic Hasselblad/Zeiss camera/lens with film and a 9 micron MFDB! Works for me (and Marc).

Gary
Alaska

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I shot the Hassy for so long if i went back to film it maybe kinda fun to shoot the Mamiya for a change of pace and it is pretty small.

But Gary has a good point and if you ever wanted to dabble in MF dig. There is that option

bensonga

The only real downside of the Hasselblad for me is the weight and bulk. Once I started carrying the G10 with me everyday, I find myself thinking (when I contemplate going out with the Hasselblad or Pentax 67)...."do I really need to take all that extra gear with me today?" Lately it seems, more often than not, I say no....and head out the door with the trusty G10 in my pocket. I suppose this is how some folks felt about the small Contax film cameras, in their day. Using something like the Hasselblad is a completely different experience, at least in my case.

Gary
Alaska