The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Surface Pro 4 - best way to view screen in sunlight?

narikin

Hi - struggling to see my Surface Pro screen outside in bright light. I shield it with my body, but it's still really hard to work out for focus check, etc. Anyone found ways to improve it - the anti glare screen? a focus loop? is there a folding hood? Of course I have it turned up to max brightness, but it's still hard with middle aged eyes.

Incidentally, I feel my SP4 has less max brightness than SP3 at 100% - I think they turned it down a little when they 'improved' the Pro range, which is sad. Not sure if this is correct, just a feeling.

kdphotography

Glare is the bane of any screen or monitor on location. I think a good matte screen protectors "help" but are not a complete solution. I opted not to use the matte screen protector when I used the SP to tether, and simply put up with the glare. With HDMI capable MFDBs, the SmallHD with the Sidefinder really is a great solution. I could not find a commercial hood solution for the SP. The closest I could get was a ghetto solution that I pieced together using thin black plastic portfolio covers. Ain't the prettiest but it is cheap, light, and folds flat to pack._O7E4027 composite WEB.jpg

ken

fotohouse

Glare is the bane of any screen or monitor on location. I think a good matte screen protectors "help" but are not a complete solution. I opted not to use the matte screen protector when I used the SP to tether, and simply put up with the glare. With HDMI capable MFDBs, the SmallHD with the Sidefinder really is a great solution. I could not find a commercial hood solution for the SP. The closest I could get was a ghetto solution that I pieced together using thin black plastic portfolio covers. Ain't the prettiest but it is cheap, light, and folds flat to pack.View attachment 118707

ken
If it works...it works.