Site Sponsors

Thread: Surface Pro 4 - best way to view screen in sunlight?

Post Thanks / Like

Surface Pro 4 - best way to view screen in sunlight?

Hi - struggling to see my Surface Pro screen outside in bright light. I shield it with my body, but it's still really hard to work out for focus check, etc. Anyone found ways to improve it - the anti glare screen? a focus loop? is there a folding hood? Of course I have it turned up to max brightness, but it's still hard with middle aged eyes.

Incidentally, I feel my SP4 has less max brightness than SP3 at 100% - I think they turned it down a little when they 'improved' the Pro range, which is sad. Not sure if this is correct, just a feeling.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Surface Pro 4 - best way to view screen in sunlight?

Glare is the bane of any screen or monitor on location. I think a good matte screen protectors "help" but are not a complete solution. I opted not to use the matte screen protector when I used the SP to tether, and simply put up with the glare. With HDMI capable MFDBs, the SmallHD with the Sidefinder really is a great solution. I could not find a commercial hood solution for the SP. The closest I could get was a ghetto solution that I pieced together using thin black plastic portfolio covers. Ain't the prettiest but it is cheap, light, and folds flat to pack.Name:  _O7E4027 composite WEB.jpg
Views: 784
Size:  429.2 KB

ken

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Surface Pro 4 - best way to view screen in sunlight?

Quote Originally Posted by kdphotography View Post
    Glare is the bane of any screen or monitor on location. I think a good matte screen protectors "help" but are not a complete solution. I opted not to use the matte screen protector when I used the SP to tether, and simply put up with the glare. With HDMI capable MFDBs, the SmallHD with the Sidefinder really is a great solution. I could not find a commercial hood solution for the SP. The closest I could get was a ghetto solution that I pieced together using thin black plastic portfolio covers. Ain't the prettiest but it is cheap, light, and folds flat to pack.Name:  _O7E4027 composite WEB.jpg
Views: 784
Size:  429.2 KB

ken
    If it works...it works.