Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Phase One Battery and Charger Question

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Phase One Battery and Charger Question

Add my recently purchased Watson Duo to list of those that have failed. Upon receiving the Watson, I charged one set of 3400 mAH batteries for XF; one battery achieved 100% and other battery stopped charging at 20%. Switched to Hahnel, and 100% and 20% from Watson measured as 60% and 0%, respectively on Hahnel. Put batteries in XF and got readings similar to Hahnel. Tried to charge another set of 3400 mAH batteries and nothing... charger is inop (and on its way back to Amazon). Disappointing.

John

Post Thanks / Like

Purchased a Prospec battery charger thru Amazon, it came from Calumet. I paid like $14.99 plus 2 plates @ $2.50 ea so everything together totalled few cents over $20.00. Tried it out, topped off all 8 batteries that I own, it seems to be fast, gives volt and level readouts and has a/c and d/c charger chords. Appears to be the exact same as a Watson except this charges uses a A/C adapter on a power chord where the Watson appears to have a additional port for straight a/c power. The Prospec actually has a block off plate where that A/C chord would go.A far shout from $220.00 and its faster....FWIW

Cheers Ya'll
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I received mine yesterday, along with the Canon and Nikon adapters, works great. Nice feature is the USB output, which allows you to change another device like a phone.

Thanks, to the info. BTW, mine came with Calumet pricing stickers on them. So they were from the close out.

Paul C
    Paul Caldwell
    [email protected]
    www.photosofarkansas.com
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Wish I had been able to take advantage of the Prospec option----I could have nearly four Watson chargers for the same price! Still better than Hahnel....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kdphotography View Post
    Wish I had been able to take advantage of the Prospec option----I could have nearly four Watson chargers for the same price! Still better than Hahnel....
    FYI- 8 of them still available
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00RDEEKIE...attery+charger