The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The great tripod & head thread!

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Can anyone give the partnumber of the L60 ? At least we have seen a price .
$521 for the leveler with classic clamp .

jng

Can anyone give the partnumber of the L60 ? At least we have seen a price .
$521 for the leveler with classic clamp .
860102 for the L60 w/classic clamp, according to the information on my invoice from Arca-Swiss USA.

John

JonMo

860102 for the L60 w/classic clamp, according to the information on my invoice from Arca-Swiss USA.

John
Huh, just like on the box i posted :)

And here I was wondering if I would be the exclusive user of this mythical leveller! :LOL:

Frankly

Heck I just commented that geared heads were stupid yet I want one of these. It almost seems like a bargain!

Don Libby

I ordered the mini cube yesterday from Rod. Yeah, I know it isn't officially named mini-cube however that's what I've been calling it ever since I saw it. I could have used it last week while in Alaska however I plan on taking it to Scotland land later this year. I'm looking forward to the lighter weight lower profile and I fully understand it isn't going to give me the same degree of movements as the cube. I'll still have the P0 for when I actually need a ballhead however this might turn into my new travel head. Like Ken I also plan on placing the Graham Welland quick head release.

I wanted to drive into Phoenix from Tucson to pick it up however Sandy suggested it would cost more to do that than have it shipped. I wonder if she was afraid of me touching other Arca-Swiss toys while I was there. :p

jotloob

Subscriber Member
I do not understand the poor information policy and the mystery-mongering of ARCA SWISS , and I am sure I never will . I tend to think , that this is all fake news .

If you look at www.arca-swiss-magasin.com you will find , as per today , no information about the leveler .
The arca swiss magasin is a company in Marseille/France , and I would think they should have information from ARCA .

Jeffrey

Monkey see, monkey do. (Not my friend Ken "Doo"!)

Being a member of the Pigs in a Blanket (Pigs for short) photo group, I too sent Rod an e-mail message to get in line for the 860102 w/classic clamp.

As Graham said, there goes another "X" Dollars!

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
A Novoflex Triobal and the Arca Cylinder (it's not cube shaped, after all) might be a great combo. I'll let you know... :cool:

Matt
Thats my plan too. I have the Alpa GON system but intend using the Arca instead of the dual goniometers. It looks like a good combo.

the other travel option will be on my 2 series RRS & leveling base (thank you Stephen Gilbert :D)

jotloob

Subscriber Member
I believe that ARCA SWISS currently prefers the american market due to heavy upcoming import duties for the US market .
I can't see any other reason , why the LEVELER L60 is "unknown" in Europe .
So I can only impatiently wait for the leveler or decide not to get one . :banghead: :ROTFL: :banghead:

Frankly

I do not understand the poor information policy and the mystery-mongering of ARCA SWISS , and I am sure I never will . I tend to think , that this is all fake news .

If you look at www.arca-swiss-magasin.com you will find , as per today , no information about the leveler .
The arca swiss magasin is a company in Marseille/France , and I would think they should have information from ARCA .
This has always been the case. They rely on their distributors to do the marketing that most other brands do as a matter of fact. Parts can take many months to receive. Sometimes you forget what year they made a certain product announcement because it takes so long.

This has been the case through multiple US distributors since the 70s.

It's a peculiar European business model where they humiliate their customers with snobbish contempt. And I know this from actually dealing with them professionally (at least on my side).

I like the results achieved with their products and we're lucky to have a proactive, energetic guy in the US. I bet he earns his money!

It is very nice to be retired and blunt.