Site Sponsors
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The great tripod & head thread!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The great tripod & head thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Pelorus View Post
    If this isn't the best place then please suggest I start a new thread.

I've got an Arca Z monoball and I'm hankering after a geared head. I'm so absent minded I live in fear of releasing the ball head and having the Alpa flop over. I'd also like more precision in my set ups.

I'd be interested from those who've used both in a pros/cons of the Arca Cube vs the Arca D4 geared.
    Well this will be very subjective: I have both, but use the Cube most of the time. I've had the Cube for years, but got the D4 ~4 years ago because I wanted a geared head that was a bit lighter so I could take it into the mountains. I believe a geared head is a must if you have a DB without good live view. Now that I have live view, I can use a ball head like the P0 or RRS B40 without driving myself crazy.

So in my opinion, if you have a CMOS camera with live view, I would get a Cube and a small ball head (maybe the P0) and forget the D4. Use the cube unless you have to go light. If you do not have CMOS live view, then I would get the D4 and use it for everything.

I'm actually considering selling my D4 because I just don't use it much anymore. But it is hard to give up such a nice tool!

Dave

Edit: I guess I'm not even sure the D4 is lighter! But it seems lighter...
    How glorious a greeting the sun gives the mountains! - John Muir

davechewphotography.com
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Dave, no decent live view here - an older CCD back so it sounds like the D4 might be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by dchew View Post
    Well this will be very subjective: I have both, but use the Cube most of the time. I've had the Cube for years, but got the D4 ~4 years ago because I wanted a geared head that was a bit lighter so I could take it into the mountains. I believe a geared head is a must if you have a DB without good live view. Now that I have live view, I can use a ball head like the P0 or RRS B40 without driving myself crazy.

So in my opinion, if you have a CMOS camera with live view, I would get a Cube and a small ball head (maybe the P0) and forget the D4. Use the cube unless you have to go light. If you do not have CMOS live view, then I would get the D4 and use it for everything.

I'm actually considering selling my D4 because I just don't use it much anymore. But it is hard to give up such a nice tool!

Dave

Edit: I guess I'm not even sure the D4 is lighter! But it seems lighter...

Post Thanks / Like

Mine arrived the other day. It's waiting for its legs to arrive from RSS and then I shall post some pictures

Quote Originally Posted by RodK View Post
    FYI to the forum -

Our new P0 Hybrid heads have arrived and we are filling orders with another shipment due next week. P0 Hybrid will be a fine head for general purposes, though not appropriate for long heavy telephoto lenses or heavier large format cameras. Cube and Z1+ heads are better choices there.

The weight on our scale is 1.2 lbs for a Hybrid with a classic quick release. It is about 4 1/2" tall. There are detents in the panning at every 90 degrees and a spirit level on the quick release.

P0 Hybrid geared movements are responsive and very smooth. Leverage weight capacity is about the same as the P0.

Retail price - $913 with classic quick release or $939 with Fliplock quick release.
    Quicklinks are $174 for the set and $80 for extra head disks.

The new D4 and Cube GP (geared pan) are still on preorder status.

Subscriber and Workshop Member MGrayson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

It's hard to find Novoflex tripods in the US - no one has them in stock. I've managed to accumulate some over the past month - a TrioPod and a TrioBal head, a set of three-section carbon legs, and a set of 5-section travel carbon legs.

While there is a lot more flex in the 5-section, and it doesn't get as high, it's not uncomfortable to use with an Arca P0 head. I did an experiment with The Leica S and 120 lens. The good news is that - with 2 second delay, which includes mirror lockup - there is no difference in sharpness between the two sets of legs *indoors*. I only tried a 1.5 second exposure, but in both cases, there was plenty of Moire on the Angostura Bitters label across the room, and no blurring.

The TrioPod head with the 5-section legs weighs 30 oz. With the p0 and RRS clamp, the total is less than 3 lbs. Of course, the big legs are only a pound heavier, but they are not as easy to get around with in the city. The TrioBal leveling head with a pano clamp is wonderful for the Graflex. The S needs a bit more flexibility, and the P0 head is very light and strong.

Oh, and the tiny ball and stick legs are brilliant. Perfect for window sills.

Really a nice kit.

--Matt
    Last edited by MGrayson; 8th March 2017 at 15:18.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

This is not an artistic photo worthy of these two beauties....but I finally bought a Cube. A friend of mine bought it new last Fall, replaced the AS clamp with a RRS clamp and then bought a new Ries J-100 tripod with the Jatoba wood and brass knobs to put it on. He decided to sell the Cube and Ries recently. He bought the Cube/Ries for use with a 4x5 camera but decided he doesn't have time for it. I just couldn't resist this combination and saved about $800 vs buying the whole kit new. Still expensive of course, but what the heck, it's worth a try.

Gary
    Likes 10 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Those tripods are gorgeous. Every time I see one...

Hey Guy, does the forum have a feature to put specific threads on our ignore list? I can't follow this one any more.

Dave

davechewphotography.com
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

You can buy that Alpa tripod from capture integration/digital back. Here is a link if you want to buy it https://www.digitalback.com/product-.../alpa-tripods/
    "Just because you're correct doesn't mean you're right" Shirou Emyia

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thank you for the pointer. I'll try CI/DB next time I want to add to my Novoflex collection.

--Matt

Post Thanks / Like

I love this thread. It's interesting how much people individualize their work tools.

Note to perspective Arca-Swiss D4 buyers. They are no longer using the red loctite. I purchased one in December 2016 and the top plate was easily removable. I got the geared MonoballFix one which is $300 cheaper and mounted a RRS quick release plate on it. I had to get a longer screw, M6 if I remember correctly.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...oball_fix.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoy View Post
    You can buy that Alpa tripod from capture integration/digital back. Here is a link if you want to buy it https://www.digitalback.com/product-.../alpa-tripods/

Thank you BB.

We have them on the shelf.

Steve Hendrix/CI

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Alpa in stock 1.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	805.0 KB 
ID:	125557
    Steve Hendrix, Sales Manager, www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
    Digital Cam: • Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Sinar • Authorized Reseller
    TechCam: • Alpa | Cambo | Arca Swiss | Sinar • Authorized Reseller

Post Thanks / Like

Im interested in this Alpa Novoflex as well. It seems like a steal at $488? Why is the full size tripod less expensive than the mini one?

How does it compare to a similar height RSS or Gitzo...stability wise. I'm in the market and this thread is making me dizzy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The "mini" includes the head. The "legs" are just that; legs only.

I don't have the "Alpa" version but have and love the boring Novoflex one!

Post Thanks / Like

Ah thanks for clearing that up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

That's how I got my first Novoflex tripod - ordered the mini one place and the legs from another.

--Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Hendrix View Post
    Thank you BB.

Steve Hendrix/CI

Seriously, that should be in the boot of an Astin Martin driven by Daniel Craig.

Dave

davechewphotography.com
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Another update for those interested in Novoflex tipods and monopods they have a USA website and store here with all of their gear. Here is a link( Novoflex > Products ) and it's their official USA website. Buying the magicball free next week.
    "Just because you're correct doesn't mean you're right" Shirou Emyia
    Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Well, I'm reverting (regressing?) to the Cube (my third) and plan to sell my geared D4. If anyone is interested before I list it, let me know. I love the Cube and just couldn't bond with the D4.

Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Alpa GON. After a couple of months I have bonded. The flexibility and modular concept is just brilliant. I frequently use it in different configurations depending on what I want to accomplish (or type of assignment). My trusty Linhof 3D head is nowadays sitting on a shelf collecting dust.

Alpa FPS • MAX • TC | Alpagon 32Hr | Helvetar 75 | Schneider 120N | Leaf Aptus II 5 • Leaf Credo 60 | www.danlindberg.com
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Colson View Post
    I love the Cube.

Joe
    So true..... its very difficult not to love the cube except maybe for the weight. I have the P0 which I use if I really want to be light weight but..... there is nothing like the cube.

Victor

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by danlindberg View Post
    Alpa GON. After a couple of months I have bonded. The flexibility and modular concept is just brilliant. I frequently use it in different configurations depending on what I want to accomplish (or type of assignment). My trusty Linhof 3D head is nowadays sitting on a shelf collecting dust.

I was interested but so far no dealer was able to give me some more feedback. Sadly the images from Alpa are completely useless.

So two of my questions:

1. Is it correct that the GON modules have NO middle marker with the Arca clamp ? If true, I find that dump and useless. It would be a easy way to get back to the model point...

2. Can I mount the GON modules directly to a leveling/ Pano head? I mean without the Arca Swiss mount. Other wording: can the Arca mounts at the bottom removed ?

Subscriber & Workshop Member GrahamWelland's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    I was interested but so far no dealer was able to give me some more feedback. Sadly the images from Alpa are completely useless.

So two of my questions:

1. Is it correct that the GON modules have NO middle marker with the Arca clamp ? If true, I find that dump and useless. It would be a easy way to get back to the model point...
    The GON modules don't have a centre line. I find it easy enough to assemble the modules by visually aligning the edges of the plate either side of the clamp.

2. Can I mount the GON modules directly to a leveling/ Pano head? I mean without the Arca Swiss mount. Other wording: can the Arca mounts at the bottom removed ?
    Yes. You can use the bottom Q-Mount or indeed the base of the GON (it's threaded) on any standard threaded tripod head. The Arca mounts on the bottom of the GON modules are machined out of the base and cannot be removed.

Name:	IMG_2987.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	507.5 KB 
ID:	126698
    Remember: adventure before dementia!

As Oscar Wilde said, "my tastes are simple, I only like the best"

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I've only had the Alpa GON system for a couple of weeks but here is some of my initial feedback based on field use.

1) Beautifully made. Once you lay hands on it there's an almost irrestible desire to own one. Irrational in much the same way all Alpa cameras have that certain quality, precision and solidity in their construction which makes them highly desirable. However, to be fair, that's testament to Alpa design but precision manufacturing by Novoflex for the tripod system (or Seitz for the camera system).

2) Individually each component is relatively light but when you assemble both GON modules you'll find that the head is surprisingly dense and results in a top heavy tripod system. I found the GON head assembly with panning clamp to feel heavier than my CUBE. I'm sure that it isn't but that's how it feels.

3) Knobs - be very careful to ONLY use the gold controls for adjustments. The black knobs, whilst smaller, are easy to grab by mistake and they are what hold the whole thing together. It's a matter of habit which is easiest with the GON modules but the panning head assembly has two similar sized knobs arranged one above the other. I would hope that this is something Alpa / Novoflex look at carefully because you need to be careful and getting it wrong can be disastrous.

4) The tripod base / legs - the tripod base is somewhat narrow compared to most larger tripod systems. It's not too much of a concern when the tripod legs are extended but if you're shooting low I find it more stable if I set the legs for a wider stance. With the pair of GON modules on top it is definitely top heavy which exacerbates the narrow tripod base design.

5) Leveling base - works as expected. The lock is pretty small and I'd prefer something a little bigger / easier to use. I guess it's size appropriate for the tripod base unit but just a little small for my fingers.

6) Legs - love the fact that Novoflex mark lines on the top leg segment which makes it super easy to adjust the legs to the same length compared to what I normally do which is calibrate using the width of my hand holding the legs to approximate the same top tube length.

7) Cost - erm, well it says Alpa on it. I now have arguably the world's most expensive travel tripod system ... hey, you only live once and see my signature line below!

8) I found that most of the time I only used the leveling base unit with a single GON module and panning head. It's a really nice travel kit when configured like this. I carry the other GON module in my bag and put it on if I need it. (Why? See #2).

9) The panning head has very easy to use smooth or clickstop adjustment. Very nice implementation without having to pull out/push in pins etc like some other head systems.

Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Whaou, this alpa minicube system look fantastic but i had a look at the price, and it's pretty expensive ;(

I had the chance to try the new arca P0 Hybride, it is a standart P0 and they put a mini cube on top of it, must say it is a very good idea, you can very quick adjusting with the ball, andmake your fine tuning with the cube...it is really great, the only regret i have regarding this ball/cube head is that i would have love the minicube to be removable a la Alpa one, but you know it is almost 3x cheaper than the Alpa system so i might go that road ....
    https://www.google.fr/search?q=arca+...Ss4AsJf8xXFYM:

Post Thanks / Like

Well, a quick search, and it looks like they made a solo version of this MINICUBE at 449€... i'm gonna order it right now :https://www.google.fr/search?q=arca+...M-D5tQ48r-srM:

Quote Originally Posted by daf View Post
    Whaou, this alpa minicube system look fantastic but i had a look at the price, and it's pretty expensive ;(

I had the chance to try the new arca P0 Hybride, it is a standart P0 and they put a mini cube on top of it, must say it is a very good idea, you can very quick adjusting with the ball, andmake your fine tuning with the cube...it is really great, the only regret i have regarding this ball/cube head is that i would have love the minicube to be removable a la Alpa one, but you know it is almost 3x cheaper than the Alpa system so i might go that road ....

Post Thanks / Like

I recently bought a Arca-Swiss P0 Hybrid and I love it. It's lightweight and precise
    http://www.elundqvist.photo
    twitter: @erik_lundqvist
    instagram: elundqvist.photo

Post Thanks / Like

+1 to Grahams take on it. I like a lot that it is modular and have used it mostly complete, but also several times with only the basic levelling head and one Gon module for finetuning horizontal level after rough aiming!

Have not experienced difficulty in assembling them other than centred. Once I did fiddle around with the black nobb instead of the gold on the top panoplate, which gave me a slight scare, but I only done that once.....
    Alpa FPS • MAX • TC | Alpagon 32Hr | Helvetar 75 | Schneider 120N | Leaf Aptus II 5 • Leaf Credo 60 | www.danlindberg.com

Post Thanks / Like

Just for a laugh

....a GON in a stainless steel bowl!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Lundqvist View Post
    I recently bought a Arca-Swiss P0 Hybrid and I love it. It's lightweight and precise
    I haven't seen it anywhere here in the US..... not even a price. Would love to see more from the big boys like B&H.

I will not buy another head...... I will not buy another head...... I will not buy another head.... Not even this head.... well, maybe....

Victor

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vjbelle View Post
    I haven't seen it anywhere here in the US..... not even a price. Would love to see more from the big boys like B&H.

I will not buy another head...... I will not buy another head...... I will not buy another head.... Not even this head.... well, maybe....

Victor
    Robert White Cameras in the UK has them in stock . I have used them several times for hard to get Arca gear and they are great . Even saved money due to the exchange rates (maybe not anymore ).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Hendrix View Post
    Thank you BB.

Steve Hendrix/CI

But not the components that make up the mini cube ? Just the legs and the leveling head/small legs .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MGrayson View Post
    It's hard to find Novoflex tripods in the US - no one has them in stock. I've managed to accumulate some over the past month - a TrioPod and a TrioBal head, a set of three-section carbon legs, and a set of 5-section travel carbon legs.

While there is a lot more flex in the 5-section, and it doesn't get as high, it's not uncomfortable to use with an Arca P0 head. I did an experiment with The Leica S and 120 lens. The good news is that - with 2 second delay, which includes mirror lockup - there is no difference in sharpness between the two sets of legs *indoors*. I only tried a 1.5 second exposure, but in both cases, there was plenty of Moire on the Angostura Bitters label across the room, and no blurring.

The TrioPod head with the 5-section legs weighs 30 oz. With the p0 and RRS clamp, the total is less than 3 lbs. Of course, the big legs are only a pound heavier, but they are not as easy to get around with in the city. The TrioBal leveling head with a pano clamp is wonderful for the Graflex. The S needs a bit more flexibility, and the P0 head is very light and strong.

Oh, and the tiny ball and stick legs are brilliant. Perfect for window sills.

Really a nice kit.

--Matt
    where did you find them ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Victor
    I have been filling preorders and now have P0 Hybrid Fliplock ($939) and Classic quick release ($913) in stock.
    The heads will be great for travel as they weigh 1.2 lbs. No assembly required

Our new D4 GP and Cube GP (with geared pan) are now in assembly and about 2 weeks out from filling preorders in the USA.
    US Representative, Arca-Swiss International
    R-Line Technical Cameras, Large Format View Cameras, Tripod Heads D4, D4m, P1, P0, Z1, Z2, C1 Cube.
    http://www.rodklukas.com/arca-swiss 480-755-3364
    Instagram @arcaswissusa Facebook @arcaswissusa

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

If the pan base would be between the ball head and geared pared it would be the best head I could think of. However, like this it's only partly useful.

Same with the Alpa GON, why is the pano head made for the top end of the head ? I know I could put it at the bottom, but it has all the nodal point middle marks so it's clearzmade for the top. (As the modules them self have no Marks)

I really don't get why they left them out. With a 2k head every detail should be perfect.

Arca has the problem that their top clamp isn't placing the normal Arca Swiss clamp in the middle. 😬 At least there is a workaround by changing the clamp.

Post Thanks / Like

So I thought it would be fun to share how I'm using my Cube now that I'm solely concentrating on watch photography. Seemed a shame to have it sat on the shelf, and I knew there would be some way of using it, so...

I'm now using it horizontally coming off a c-stand, and have a selection of custom-built watch holders that I simply screw into the plate and then lock in the Cube.

The great thing is that I can position the watch how I want; read off the horizontal and vertical axis angles from the scales on the Cube; and then simply type these angles into the CapCAM software as focal plane tilt and swing angles; et voila, the camera sets the correct tilt and swing lens axis angles to get the watch face in focus

Kind regards,

Gerald.
    Likes 7 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

@ christopher
    I suppose we all have different preferences and needs, but for me I need the pano on top (obviously you can put it anywhere since it is modular) for the simple reason I want the cam level in all directions if I am doing a pano/nodal stitch. (And tweak composition with rise/fall).

@ gerald
    Incredible in that I am 'as of yesterday' experimenting with my Linhof 3D head and have mounted a wooden platform (~30x30cm) on this for tabletop images. We sell Georg Jensen design items and they are all in polished stainless steel - in other words - a true hell to control reflections. Being able to move the item as well as the cam slightly in any direction to control light/reflection seems to be very helpful. So, same purpose as your idea

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danlindberg View Post
    @ christopher
    I suppose we all have different preferences and needs, but for me I need the pano on top (obviously you can put it anywhere since it is modular) for the simple reason I want the cam level in all directions if I am doing a pano/nodal stitch. (And tweak composition with rise/fall).
    This is exactly what I like so much about the cube and p0. With the panning on top once leveled the head stays leveled while panning.

Victor

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by glenerrolrd View Post
    where did you find them ?
    Everywhere. One head in stock at B&H, some legs from CI, two sets of legs and some panning bases on eBay, a full head and legs from Amazon. It must be easier in Europe...

--Matt
    mattgraysonphoto.com

Post Thanks / Like

For those of use with techical cameras, there is less benefit from a panning feature below. But lacking the ability to rise/fall, if you angle the cube (or whatever) up to adjust the horizon position, you would want the panning to occur below.

I think what Christopher really wants is both, like the current Cube sitting on top of a leveling base.

I just ran into this last week. A cohort was shooting with the XF, lining up a shot with more sky. He had the cube directly on a tripod, struggling to adjust the base of the cube to stitch a pano. We quickly swapped tripods since my cube was mounted on the RRS leveling base. He could level the bottom of the cube, aim the camera up a bit using the Cube pitch, then swing the base of the cube around to stitch without any roll.

I didn't care because I stitch by sliding the back.

Dave

davechewphotography.com
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dchew View Post
    For those of use with techical cameras, there is less benefit from a panning feature below. But lacking the ability to rise/fall, if you angle the cube (or whatever) up to adjust the horizon position, you would want the panning to occur below.

I think what Christopher really wants is both, like the current Cube sitting on top of a leveling base.

I just ran into this last week. A cohort was shooting with the XF, lining up a shot with more sky. He had the cube directly on a tripod, struggling to adjust the base of the cube to stitch a pano. We quickly swapped tripods since my cube was mounted on the RRS leveling base. He could level the bottom of the cube, aim the camera up a bit using the Cube pitch, then swing the base of the cube around to stitch without any roll.

I didn't care because I stitch by sliding the back.

Dave
    Thanks, Dave for bringing out this valuable distinction...... there really is a need for both if you 'Pan' which at times can deliver better results than shifting. Once leveled both top and bottom panning will work the same but, as you point out, if there is angling upward or downward then a bottom panning mechanism is needed to prevent any roll. My Z1 accomplishes this......

Victor

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Sh**, I'm an idiot... i meant paning on the bottom below the geared head. Here the market is failing us. There are many great options for paning at the top of one used a technical camera with rise and fall. However, if you have a normal camera a paning option at the top won't help at all. It the worst thing you can try. ( mind you, not true if you use a full panoramic head, but when I'm hiking with the XF for longer trips I really don't have the urge to carry around a heavy pano head. )

Just using a nodal rail the pano base has to be below the head. For it to work.

I love my cube, I just hate the two things. No pano scale at the bottom and the Arca Swiss clamp at the top isn't in the center...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glenerrolrd View Post
    Robert White Cameras in the UK has them in stock . I have used them several times for hard to get Arca gear and they are great . Even saved money due to the exchange rates (maybe not anymore ).
    I bought mine from them

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Well, a quick search, and it looks like they made a solo version of this MINICUBE at 449€... i'm gonna order it right now :https://www.google.fr/search?q=arca+p0+hybride&safe=off&client=firefox-b&sa=X&tbm=isch&
    I went to that link , but can't find the desired information . This is as always with ARCA . Very poor information
    and , if you finally find something relevant , it is all in french . This is one reason , why I turned away from ARCA .
    Here the item of desire .
    Name:  Bildschirmfoto 2017-05-07 um 19.07.09 copy copy.jpg
Views: 1031
Size:  90.1 KB Name:  Bildschirmfoto 2017-05-07 um 19.07.18 copy copy.jpg
Views: 1032
Size:  55.8 KB

I could not find anything else .
    I would like to know , is this "minicube" only a design study or is it real and will be available soon ? ? ?
    If it is real , what is the article number and can that minicube already be ordered .
    What is the price . Where can I get more information .
    Perhpas Rod Klukas can bring some light into this .
    I am very much interested in that minicube and will order it right away when I have the correct info .

Perhaps
    Regards . Jürgen .
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post Thanks / Like

I almost exclusively use my Cambo Actus which has a rail that is slightly smaller in width than any other plate or rail that I have come across. Subsequently the only clamp that works with it is from Arca. All other clamps, of any use, will not close with enough clamping force - or close at all - to meet my safety requirements. Acra Tech's clamps will work but are impossible to incorporate into any other system and the Acra Head that I really liked just didn't have the strength to support 5 - 6 lbs while walking with the camera attached and tripod on shoulder. I am curious if the Alpagon also has this limitation.

Victor

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jotloob View Post
    I would like to know , is this "minicube" only a design study or is it real and will be available soon ? ? ?
    If it is real , what is the article number and can that minicube already be ordered .
    What is the price . Where can I get more information .
    Perhaps
    I'm quite sure this is the P0 hybrid. Check Walter Pfisterer's "Arca Shop":

https://www.arca-shop.de/de/monoball...0-hybrid-serie

Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hi there,

the part is available and is called "leveller"

There are three part numbers;
    860102 is the one i ordered. it is currently available and is just as your picture shows but with a classic knob for the top clamp.

check this link for the other part numbers;
    http://www.arca-swiss-magasin.com/co...0_Leveler.html

hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

the po hybrid includes the ball head.

the part is available as just the top section so a po can be turned into a po hybrid

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JonMo View Post
    the po hybrid includes the ball head.

the part is available as just the top section so a po can be turned into a po hybrid
    Not so easily though. The mounting bolt for the clamp is thread locked into place by Arca and requires careful heating to remove.... at the risk of damage. I have successfully removed those bolts but would hate to be a victim of a mistake.....

Victor

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by cly View Post
    I'm quite sure this is the P0 hybrid. Check Walter Pfisterer's "Arca Shop":

https://www.arca-shop.de/de/monoball...0-hybrid-serie

Chris
    The above mentioned ARCASHOP is not an official ARCA agency . The desired leveler is not mentioned .
    Regards . Jürgen .
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by JonMo View Post
    Hi there,

the part is available and is called "leveller"

There are three part numbers;
    860102 is the one i ordered. it is currently available and is just as your picture shows but with a classic knob for the top clamp.

check this link for the other part numbers;
    http://www.arca-swiss-magasin.com/co...0_Leveler.html

hope this helps.
    JonMo
    Thank you very much for your info . Really very helpful .
    I am looking at the classic version .
    As you say , you have that LEVELER . How can that be mounted on a tripod ? ? ?
    Has it an 3/8 thread on the bottom ? ? ?
    Regards . Jürgen .

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I almost exclusively use my Cambo Actus which has a rail that is slightly smaller in width than any other plate or rail that I have come across. Subsequently the only clamp that works with it is from Arca. All other clamps, of any use, will not close with enough clamping force - or close at all - to meet my safety requirements. Acra Tech's clamps will work but are impossible to incorporate into any other system and the Acra Head that I really liked just didn't have the strength to support 5 - 6 lbs while walking with the camera attached and tripod on shoulder. I am curious if the Alpagon also has this limitation.

Victor
    The Alpa GON has a screw adjuster clamp that fits the Actus rail just fine and I've had no problems with it at all, even with the longer rail that I use. Ditto with the Arca adjustable QR clamps and also the Acratech QR clamp as well (which I think is one of the best engineered of all of the QR clamps I've used plus it is adjustable too).