The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The great tripod & head thread!

drunkenspyder

I had Bob Watkins at Precision Camera Works do this mod on my non-geared Cube and was wondering whether this is possible with the new geared panning version. Thanks.

John
John, Bob did mine as well. And I just shipped him my non-geared-pan Cube for an RRS clamp. PCW is also where I purchased my P0 Hybrid; when I bought it, I had Bob install an RRS 40mm QR clamp. Works like a charm. And he and his shop are a true pleasure to do business.

Greg.

drunkenspyder

Greg, did Bob at Precision Camera install the RRS clamp on your p0 Hybrid? I was under the impression (from Arca-Swiss US and Bob at Precision) that the p0 Hybrid couldn't be retrofitted with an RRS lever clamp. I've got the p0 Hybrid with the classic Arca-Swiss screw clamp.

Joe
Sure did. Sorry for the crummy IQ, but wanted to post this quickly.
501962BF-8712-459A-93D8-0065406875A9.jpeg

Last edited:

JonMo

[/URL][/IMG]
This is the Arca Swiss Leveller that was ordered as separate item Arca Number; 860102.
It's the latest version. It took almost 8 months to arrive but is available.

It just takes for bloody ever as once ordered it is placed in line for manufacture.

The Novoflex and Leveller combo is small, holds an xf with 120ls solid (so far :) ), and is a very fast to setup.

I saw Dave Chew take his apart and boy am I glad I ordered and waited!

jng

Dave,

You might consider contacting Bob Watkins at Precision Camera Works. Once he's recovered from the shock of what you did to your P0, perhaps he can tell you whether he has the base piece from the Leveller that you're looking to machine yourself, and whether it can simply be bolted onto to your decapitated (tripod) head.

John

JohnBrew

[/URL][/IMG]
This is the Arca Swiss Leveller that was ordered as separate item Arca Number; 860102.
It's the latest version. It took almost 8 months to arrive but is available.

It just takes for bloody ever as once ordered it is placed in line for manufacture.

The Novoflex and Leveller combo is small, holds an xf with 120ls solid (so far :) ), and is a very fast to setup.

I saw Dave Chew take his apart and boy am I glad I ordered and waited!
Haven't heard of this before. I use an RRS leveling bowl and d4. Would this leveler offer anything more than my current setup? Just curious.

RodK

I'm considering the P0 Hybrid, and now I'm hesitant because of your issue with the loose knobs. It seems like you can't win with a geared head, because they always end up going out of spec, with loose gears, play in the gears, etc, especially the Manfrottos.

I've been looking at the Cube and the geared D4. I saw one review of the geared D4 stating that it slips with an 8 pound 4x5. That doesn't sound too good. Has anyone had any slippage with their geared D4?
If there is slippage then it shouldn't however remember what you are speaking of. it is not 8 lbs but the leverage weight which is much higher than 8 lbs when a view camera is extended.
Rod

JonMo

If it had been possible i would have gotten it without an attached clamp and used a simple Novoflex Q=Mount.
I like that its very short. total height of the leveller with clamp is 2 1/2". using the Trio that makes the total 4 1/2" from the hinge point of the legs.

It just feels more stable than the D4 (personal opinion without the use of a lab for evidence).

But I really only use it to get perfect level. It's certainly no ball head. For that I have a P0.

Here they are side by side for size difference and with the xf/120ls for scale.
I can get the cam level even with a fairly extreme angle to the legs.

JonMo

This is the box, part number, name, barcode, stick on Arca Swiss white(ish) label.
This one has the "classic clamp".

I keep telling people it's real!
It's not an illusion!
Honest!

Ordered through B3K in Toronto.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
The AS LEVELER 860102 was put out of production quite some time ago and is currently not available on the european market . The AS magasin in France have it on their list but , but nothing else .
No price , no description , no date of delivery .

Perhaps RodK knows a bit more .

daf

The AS LEVELER 860102 was put out of production quite some time ago and is currently not available on the european market . The AS magasin in France have it on their list but , but nothing else .
No price , no description , no date of delivery .

Perhaps RodK knows a bit more .
Just got a reply from arca swiss factory, it will be available in a couple of weeks, they are actually working on the final version and trying to make the price...

dchew

Just got a reply from arca swiss factory, it will be available in a couple of weeks, they are actually working on the final version and trying to make the price...
Oh sure. Right after my destruction of a P0h they make theirs available again. Coincidence? My conspiracy theories are coming together.
:rolleyes:

Dave

RodK

Oh sure. Right after my destruction of a P0h they make theirs available again. Coincidence? My conspiracy theories are coming together.

Dave
Well you could have read about it here in this very thread or seen it on our Instagram page or simply sent me an email with your thoughts about your project. The Leveler has been in the works for a while but behind the GP heads in the production schedule.

The Leveler will have both top and base panning, so yours as is will need more surgery.

kdphotography

Dave
At the very least, Dave, your efforts have been immensely educational and definitely entertaining. And if anyone does ask or question your masculinity, there is no doubt in my mind that, "Dave es muy macho."

And you did your job as an enabler, and I've added my name to Rod's list for an AS Leveler. And panning on top and bottom---that's gonna be great. ;)

:D Ken

Shashin

I wonder with the release of the Arca Swiss leveler, we will see a forsale listing for a P0H that ships in two boxes...

dchew

It is always nice to know I've become the brunt of everyone's jokes.

Well, at least it is better than NOT knowing I've become the brunt of everyone's jokes.
:cool:

Dave

hcubell

This is the box, part number, name, barcode, stick on Arca Swiss white(ish) label.
This one has the "classic clamp".

I keep telling people it's real!
It's not an illusion!
Honest!

Ordered through B3K in Toronto.
What exactly is it and how is it used? Sorry if this seems like (or is!) a stupid question, but it is not apparent from the photo.
Thanks.

JonMo

look at the end of the page before this one :)

its the box for the Arca Leveller shown in my previous posts in this thread.
Just to confirm the ordering numbers.