The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The great tripod & head thread!

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Mine has a rotating base. It's not obvious but it's there. Plus obviously the one on top. You may not notice it unless mounted to a tripod.
Yes , Graham , you are right . After I mounted the RRS round plate it does now rotate . Of course it did before but could not be seen . Thanks for your hint .
So , please guys , disregard my "stupid" question .

Ohhhh , the L60 is just a beautiful piece of mechanical work . Love it .:thumbs: I am in cubes heaven .

kdphotography

The Mini-Cube (L60) on RRS TVC-24 has proven to be a great portable or travel solution for me. So far, the limited movements (+/-10) have only been an issue a few times, and easily resolved. The small size and lightweight are worth the trade-off. Otherwise, I grab my TVC-33 and its big brother the Cube. :thumbup:

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
The L60 TrioBal combo is so good I’m not putting quick releases between them. They stay as a unit.

Matt

Hausen

The Mini-Cube (L60) on RRS TVC-24 has proven to be a great portable or travel solution for me. So far, the limited movements (+/-10) have only been an issue a few times, and easily resolved. The small size and lightweight are worth the trade-off. Otherwise, I grab my TVC-33 and its big brother the Cube. :thumbup:
This is exactly what I want to hear. I am looking to put mine on my Benro Go Travel II. I am injured at present and not shooting on sides of hills, that is how I got injured, so hoping +/- 10 directly on tripod should suffice without requirement for levelling base. Keep the weight down.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Interesting, as I thought the whole attraction of the L60 Base was to eliminate the stem of the P0 Hybrid so as to establish a more stable, direct connection between the mini-cube and the tripod platform.
Yes. And it does.

Matt

kdphotography

Yes. And it does.

Matt
I like how the Novoflex leveling base (Triobal?) is integrated into the tripod, and in effect, keeps the center of gravity low while maintaining the low profile of the Mini-Cube----and you ultimately have more adjustment range than my set up. If I use the RRS Leveling Base with the Mini-Cube, I am almost back up to the size (height) of the KPS T5, so at that point, might as well use the T5 with its greater adjustment range. I like using the Mini-Cube L60 by itself---very light and small profile. And no---I'm not buying another tripod!

Ken

Frankly

Of course if you can stand to wait a product cycle, this is the future... integrated leg yoke onto a single point ball head with limited movements since we all will have L-brackets. Lighter and tighter.

(Pay no attention to the top clamp, it accommodates 1913 rails and also the traditional Arca plates.)

Attachments

jotloob

Subscriber Member
And no---I'm not buying another tripod!

Ken
:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

That is exactly what I often thought when seeing a new tripod . And guess what happened .:banghead::banghead:
Please don't tell others , but my last tripod buy was just 1/2 year ago . A "TILT ALL" carbon travel tripod .
Now brought to perfection by the L60 .

kdphotography

"TILT ALL" carbon travel tripod? Can you post photos and where it can be found?

Not shopping for a tripod. Asking for a friend.

:p :angel: :LOL:

jotloob

Subscriber Member
TILTALL is just a product name . The distributor is KAISER GERMANY . It is chinese made and most probably available under different names . You should check the diameters of the legs .
My dealers homepage is only available in german language . But just give it a try .
www.fotopartner.de and have a look under Zubehör which is accessories .
Have a look for TC-284 and TC-324 .

Frankly

TILTALL is just a product name . The distributor is KAISER GERMANY . It is chinese made and most probably available under different names . You should check the diameters of the legs .
My dealers homepage is only available in german language . But just give it a try .
www.fotopartner.de and have a look under Zubehör which is accessories .
Have a look for TC-284 and TC-324 .
Nice looking tripod... funny that they acquired the nameplate (I hope) having grown up using the original Tiltalls, which were not bad tripods for our unsophisticated youth ;-p

For nostalgia have a gander at:

https://tiltallsupport.blogspot.com/p/tiltall-support.html makes you want to get a Hasselblad 500c (not a cm) and 80mm just for the looks of it.

http://dave-anderson-photo.com/blog/2010/03/29/about-my-tiltall-tripods/

At a point when I should have followed you guys and been invested in Carbon Fiber and digital I entertained the notion of a lightweight 5x7 on top of a Tiltall for entirely aesthetic reasons, there was no practically to it but I loved the simplicity and the way it looked. Such sexy handles!

Of course we could not even consider taking photos with them now, they're Jurassic.

Attachments

bab

Anyone know what the Smart flex L plate weighs?

Interesting product - seems more useful on a monopod (outside a studio). I have no trouble rotating the RRS L bracket on a tripod.

--Matt
Yes but the smart flex maintains the exact nodal point it is a very cleaver and inexpensive solution and it’s faster than any other L plate!