The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad H2 Good choice for shooting Film

rollsman44

I am looking to buy a MF Film camera and thinking of this vs the Classic ones that don't offer AF. Any suggestions

jerome_m

The OP wants an AF 645 camera. There aren't that many on the market. The H1 is actually pretty cheap and has the advantage that it can still be serviced, the lenses and accessories are readily available, etc... It is also fairly modern as far as film cameras go.

jerome_m

I have owned the H1 H2 and H3D II 39 cameras and would be a bit reticent to rely on an H1 ... firmware is a bit dodgy ... at least mine was. The newer H2 and HF would be a great choice.
Actually, Hasselblad still issues firmware updates for the H1. The latest was last year and added support for HCD lenses.

ashandger

I am looking to buy a MF Film camera and thinking of this vs the Classic ones that don't offer AF. Any suggestions
I owned the H1 with some HC lenses for many years and absolutely loved it. Wish I had kept it as a spare film camera. Worked perfectly even at -35C in Canadian rockies and in sand dunes of Namibia. View finder is great. Metering could be a bit better but was consistent so I was able to compensate. I used the Zone system option a lot for landscape work. Hope this helps!

med

I have and love my H2 for shooting film. It was relatively cheap, and works great with my CF lenses, albeit without autofocus. The HC lenses drive the system price up, but you should be able to find an H1/H2 with a back and 80mm HC lens for $1k-$2k depending on condition.

I will soon be adding an older 22MP digital back and will continue to shoot film for sure, like when I need greater than ISO 100 :)