Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Hasselblad anouncement on the 22nd.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Big Hasselblad anouncement on the 22nd.

Quote Originally Posted by tjv View Post
    If it's square format, I'll need to sell a few limbs pronto to buy one...
    Speculation is fruitless and pointless. But it is fun and difficult to resist. Whatever Hasselblad is about to announce is finalised and ready to go. The 50c sensor is readily available. It produces a file size of approximately 8200x6200 pixels and a 16bit Tiff in excess of 240MBs. There is enough there to allow in camera formats of 1x1, 16:9, 2x3 and 4x3. The CFv-50c already allows a square crop but no other alternatives other than the full format.

I don't need more than the 50c back produces. The problem I have is the cropped sensor.

I shoot outside - I don't shoot in the studio and I do very little portraiture. But I have been thinking about upgrading to a H6D-50c but much of its capabilities (wi-fi, True Focus, glitzy lcd screen etc.) are for me otiose - nice but not essential. I love the H system but it is also very heavy for those of us who shoot on location without assistants. For my work on a 50c I would probably be happy with the 28mm or 35mm, 50mm and, less so, with the 80mm lenses. I also have a 120mm Macro Planar for the V system which I can use with an adapter but I haven't got the 35mm and 50mm lenses (although I do have a 50mm CF).

So if I went with the H6D-50c I would probably end up buying both the 28 or 35mm and the 50mm lenses. If I then upgraded to the H6D-100c I would still probably buy the 50mm and use my existing 80mm.

But that is a lot of money - and a lot of weight. So my hope is for a much lighter body with the 50c sensor, at a lower cost than the H6D-50c and which for the same money would allow me to buy the wider lenses as well.

But then you seldom get what you want.

Post Thanks / Like

Could this be the world's first selfie-only camera? After all, it's Hasselblad we're talking about.
    Sorry, couldn't help it.

Quote Originally Posted by jerome_m View Post
    I think that the rounded corner is more likely to be a screen. The way it is mounted looks very much like the glass cover of the screen of the Leica T, or the glass cover of the screen from the iMac. So the image would show the back of the camera, not the front.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uaiomex View Post
    Could this be the world's first selfie-only camera? After all, it's Hasselblad we're talking about.
    Sorry, couldn't help it.
    I have said many many times that Hasselblad are a different company from the one that released the Lunar. I have participated in this thread to give what little information I can (under NDA) around the new thing that is being revealed on the 22nd.

I'm not interested in defending errors that Hasselblad have made in the past to people who are not Hasselblad customers.

See you on the 22nd.

I'm out of this thread.
    www.nick-t.com
    http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.com
    Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Sorry, couldn't help it.
    Thanks for beating a dead horse Uaiomex...again and again and again.

Nick-T - I appreciated your comments and am sorry to see you go. I'll be checking in on the hasselbladdigitalforum.

Gary Benson
    503CWD-16II and several 5xx film cameras
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Actually I don't think Hasselblad is deplorable anymore. I am truly impressed with the H6D and if they produce another hit like they just did recently, they will have my full admiration again. Just like in the 70's, 80's and 90's.
    However, I didn't mean it as a bash but just as plain and silly joke (remnants of the company's terrible mistakes). Sorry if it made you mad or anything.
    Best

Quote Originally Posted by bensonga View Post
    Thanks for beating a dead horse Uaiomex...again and again and again.

Nick-T - I appreciated your comments and am sorry to see you go. I'll be checking in on the hasselbladdigitalforum.

Gary Benson
    503CWD-16II and several 5xx film cameras

Post Thanks / Like

A bit sensitive are we? To me Hasselblad certainly deserves to be ridiculed still for a few years for the Lunar stuff . It will take a lot more than the H6 to repair the public image after such an endeavor. Just let us hope that this new product is right on track for that, and I don't doubt that it is.

I have a hard time believing that it would be square format, or even panoramic. I think the sensor will be 44x33, possibly with crop modes. It would be nice if it actually isn't the Sony sensor though, the monopoly is a bit boring. If it's say CMOSIS it's more likely that it would be a custom format.

Post Thanks / Like

Morning

For me, adding more options to crop in camera would not be that ground breaking in itself, there are cameras that will show a crop in the viewfinder, doesn't seem enough on it's own so there must be more to it. It would be great if it will have internal sensor rather than a thinner body to mount existing backs to. I am guessing it will have a panoramic sensor with the ability to shoot square too, although cropping after the fact in post has never been much of an issue. There are some very nice panoramic shots being shown on some websites, I guess that they are a good hint as to what it is.

Not long now!

Mat

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like and Alpa FPS but will hopefully be more advanced in the same way as a Sony A7..... Now that would be a camera I'd be interested in purchasing, especially if they released lens adapters for anything from Canon lenses upto modern Rodenstock's.

Post Thanks / Like

Square format sure is the least possible sensor option but I've advocated in the past for it (even writing and publishing an article at TOP) mainly for the purpose of keeping the camera always the upside up. Formatting horizontal to vertical and back at the touch of a button. Or doing it later in post just like we used to do in the film days with the legendary and still amazing "V".

A variation of this theme is a built-in rotating rectangular sensor but I'd rather go for the square sensor for its instant gratification. Final square images could be achieved too by slight cropping or by using a lens with a bigger image projection. All possible mirrorless style with square LCD screens and square EVF's.

For me that will be like finally landing on the third millenium.

Quote Originally Posted by torger View Post
    A bit sensitive are we? To me Hasselblad certainly deserves to be ridiculed still for a few years for the Lunar stuff . It will take a lot more than the H6 to repair the public image after such an endeavor. Just let us hope that this new product is right on track for that, and I don't doubt that it is.

I have a hard time believing that it would be square format, or even panoramic. I think the sensor will be 44x33, possibly with crop modes. It would be nice if it actually isn't the Sony sensor though, the monopoly is a bit boring. If it's say CMOSIS it's more likely that it would be a custom format.
    Last edited by Uaiomex; 19th June 2016 at 02:50.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Cool Re: Big Hasselblad anouncement on the 22nd.

What if the body it's not aluminum ??

Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjr View Post
    Morning

There are some very nice panoramic shots being shown on some websites, I guess that they are a good hint as to what it is.

Not long now!

Mat
    Where have you seen these? I'm interested to see some, even just because I like the format...

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

I think that Uaiomex used to be a Hasselblad customer, if V-system counts…

The non information you supply is not very useful. So we now that it is hand made in Sweden, that could still be a bling camera.

I would much prefer a competent camera assembled from parts made by competent companies at a competent place. That competent place may be Gothenburg in Sweden, of course. But where assembly is done doesn't matter to me. How well it is done matters a lot.

Hopefully Hasselblad will unveil a real picture taker with a first class medium format sensor. Competing with 24x36 or smaller doesn't make sense to me.

Best regards
    Erik

Quote Originally Posted by Nick-T View Post

I'm not interested in defending errors that Hasselblad have made in the past to people who are not Hasselblad customers.

See you on the 22nd.

I'm out of this thread.
    Homepage: http://echophoto.dnsalias.net
    Articles: http://echophoto.dnsalias.net/ekr/in.../photoarticles
    Portfolio: http://echophoto.smugmug.com

Post Thanks / Like

tjv, it's pure unsubstantiated guesswork on my behalf, I have absolutely no real knowledge, I took a look at recent blog posts from Ming and noticed a lot more 2:1 and 1:1 format images than normal so made a guess that he had used it as he says he has knowledge of the camera and is a Hasselblad guy, he has since said though that he has not posted any images from the new camera so ignore me. If you like Ming's style, the recent posts i was talking about have some very nice images in them so worth a look anyway!

Mat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ErikKaffehr View Post
    Hi,

The non information you supply is not very useful. So we now that it is hand made in Sweden, that could still be a bling camera.

hm, original authentic italian prosciutto is also made in italy even when the meat comes from poland or china. the european laws are very industry friendly so made in sweden means in fact nothing and only sales promoter care about this.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, he says "It's twice as good as what they're (Hasselblad) saying." Fingers crossed there's more than one trick in the box!

Quote Originally Posted by mjr View Post
    tjv, it's pure unsubstantiated guesswork on my behalf, I have absolutely no real knowledge, I took a look at recent blog posts from Ming and noticed a lot more 2:1 and 1:1 format images than normal so made a guess that he had used it as he says he has knowledge of the camera and is a Hasselblad guy, he has since said though that he has not posted any images from the new camera so ignore me. If you like Ming's style, the recent posts i was talking about have some very nice images in them so worth a look anyway!

Mat

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by CSP View Post
    the european laws are very industry friendly so made in sweden means in fact nothing and only sales promoter care about this.
    Correct.

Post Thanks / Like

Please, please, let this be something I don't want.
    http://www.keithlaban.co.uk
    Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

i hope its going to be the A7 of medium format.....virtually able to mount nearly all MF lenses that exists
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have absolutely no knowledge of Hasselblad systems, never having used one.

For me, a switch from Pentax 645z would require
    1. An equally good or better sensor, 4:3 ratio is OK for me though I prefer wider formats.
    2. Smaller, lighter body
    3. Mirrorless
    4. Ability to use the legendary H lenses and more
    5. Priced around the same or less than the Pentax

Not interested in higher resolution a-la Phase.

It is possible the new launch would meet most of my criteria. That would really make it interesting.
    Too much to list, let's just say I have a bad case of GAS.........

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pradeep View Post
    I have absolutely no knowledge of Hasselblad systems, never having used one.

For me, a switch from Pentax 645z would require
    1. An equally good or better sensor, 4:3 ratio is OK for me though I prefer wider formats.
    2. Smaller, lighter body
    3. Mirrorless
    4. Ability to use the legendary H lenses and more
    5. Priced around the same or less than the Pentax
    Hi Pradeep,

My bet is that the new offering will meet 4 of your 5 requirements.

Guess which is the odd man out

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  27718037065_aedce2ac3d_c.jpg
Views: 809
Size:  298.6 KB

Anybody an idea what might be this "hole" down right?

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Sony has designed a variant of the 50C sensor with integrated AF for Hasselblad mirrorless MF body (rumor of course). I think is not crazy to think on the possibility of a little partnership between Sony and Hasselblad.
    The very latest "confirmed rumor" talks about a 50mp bigger than FF sensor. The odd format rumor is buried or so I understood.

Best sensor inside best possible body at the best posible price! Oh, one can dream on and on.
    Eduardo

Quote Originally Posted by drevil View Post
    i hope its going to be the A7 of medium format.....virtually able to mount nearly all MF lenses that exists

Post Thanks / Like

The only thing that comes to my mind is a multi lens body. Yes, I know, too loco.
    most likely the teaser is engineered for misleading then tomorrow perhaps, they will start unveiling a little more truth.

Some fellow at mingthein blog suggested that we are facing the top plate and not the front. Grip hump to the right, VF hump to the left. Problem I see, is that then we should be seeing a hint of the lens mount. Nevertheless, it is an interesting theory.

Quote Originally Posted by siddhaarta View Post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KeithL View Post
    Hi Pradeep,

My bet is that the new offering will meet 4 of your 5 requirements.

Guess which is the odd man out
    Heh heh, bet that would be #5 Keith.

Well, as long as it is not in the stratosphere like Phase it would be interesting, else no matter what is offered it could never be a 'game-changer'.
    Too much to list, let's just say I have a bad case of GAS.........

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Cool Re: Big Hasselblad anouncement on the 22nd.

Quote Originally Posted by siddhaarta View Post

Possibly a part of the H in the boy cap ?
    Possibly they made a square lens plate with round corner instead of the more classic hole ?

Domenico.

Post Thanks / Like

Wouldn't it be cool is you could fit HC lenses on it and it did have the 50mp 1.7x sensor in it. I'd be happy.

But then wouldn't we need a spacer for the lens mount and wouldn't that mean a new line of lenses in production for use without a spacer?
    Chris Giles Photography

Post Thanks / Like

The only thing that comes to my mind is a multi lens body. Yes, I know, too loco.
    most likely the teaser is engineered for misleading then tomorrow perhaps, they will start unveiling a little more truth.

Some fellow at mingthein blog suggested that we are facing the top plate and not the front. Grip hump to the right, VF hump to the left. Problem I see, is that then we should be seeing a hint of the lens mount. Nevertheless, it is an interesting theory.
    This picture is floating around on the net. Not saying or knowing this is the real thing, never seen it before, but it could make sense.
    A unit with a mounting plate (hence the rounded corners and holes for screws.)
    The three shiny buttons on the top, back, can be the interface.

Gives room for interchangeable different adapters, H, V and a new one on the front, with different flange distances. There is the possibility for exchanging or updating the sensorback and this will be relative easy, even in the field and is futureproof. And all the critical electronics are integrated (weatherproof?).

This leaves you the aluminium grip/body with shutter, second display, battery and attachment EVF's in different types. Screen will be on the sensor's back. A bit like a hitech Alpa.
    Even an HT/S is possible instead of the adapter, thus preventing a crop of 1.5?

Interesting to see if this modular slick design is the one. If so kudo's to Hasselblad. I think it could work... We will wait and see
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

It will not be heavy.
    Drone integration will have mostly dictated that.
    never trust the opinion of anyone who lists a load of gear in their forum signature. Dealers do not email me asking to buy your products.

Post Thanks / Like

My guess: mirror-less, 50MP 44 x 33 CMOS sensor, with a short flange/focal distance allowing adapters to be used for a wide variety of lenses and the use of the camera as a ‘digital back’ on something like an Actus. If that all happens at a reasonable price point (one that bridges the cost gap between high-end small-format digital and medium format) then yes, as far as MF goes, it could be a game changer.*

The transition from film to digital was particularly difficult for MF. Though HB have clearly made some odd choices in the past, you do what you’ve got to do to survive. We should be thankful they’re still here, when sadly the same can’t be said for Contax, Rollei, Bronica etc. Hell, even Phase One has had its financial problems; maybe if they had been more 'creative' in their product line they now wouldn’t be (>50%) owned by a British private equity firm.

HB has the know-how, it has the lens line-up, it has the history, tradition and awareness associated with the brand; they now just need to put it all together. I’ve liked what I’ve heard from HB’s CEO, so I for one am prepared to cut them some slack and err on the side of optimism.

Jim

*Pentax almost got there (they may still yet), but the lack of modern lenses for their 645D/Z system is puzzling.
    Last edited by f8orbust; 19th June 2016 at 13:54.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndreasAM View Post
    This picture is floating around on the net...
    That's the Hasselblad A5D Aerial. You can see it on HB's site: A5D Aerial - Hasselblad

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by f8orbust View Post
    That's the Hasselblad A5D Aerial. You can see it on HB's site: A5D Aerial - Hasselblad
    Thanks for the information.

I suspected that it was an aerial camera, but I wasn't sure. But the longer I think about it, the concept as described is for me still a strong contender. The modular design can be the "game changer".

My initial hesitation was the length between sensorplane of the sensorback and mounting plate/adapter in the picture.
    In a similar concept for the new Mirrorless camera this could be significantly reduced, thus making this concept really compact and much more portable. The concept fits within the teaser picture.

Still have to wait and see......

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by modator View Post
    What if the body it's not aluminum ??

There is a company in Germany that offers Platinum (and other metal) plating of camera body parts, in particular, the Leica M stuff. Reasonably priced too.

In defence of all these things (including the Stellar):

http://www.carscoops.com/2016/06/the...ires-will.html

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

There seems to be some familial resemblance to me when you look at this picture below

Excited to see what the big reveal turns out to be. by Tre Nelson, on Flickr

and the slope of the possible top plate of this one below

My dream film camera. Hasselblad X-Pan/Fuji TX-1. by Tre Nelson, on Flickr

I don't know that it's absolute proof but this is where my original X-Pan thoughts came from after seeing both pictures. There's still the "who would make a custom sensor for relative low volumes" question to answer of course but if the company was already buying sensors from the company or there was a strategic partnership then it's possible that would drive costs down somewhat.
    Sony Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Sorry, but check out Nick's new thread. He is under an NDA, but did say it was NOT a digital X-Pan

Greg

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BANKER1 View Post
    Sorry, but check out Nick's new thread. He is under an NDA, but did say it was NOT a digital X-Pan

Greg
    Fair enough... So mirrorless MF it is I guess.
    Sony Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com

Post Thanks / Like

The black cut out on the left of frame could simply be for an AF light or some such thing. Regardless, the way the body left side of frame curves toward the viewer looks like a grip. Could be tiny!

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone think a rangefinder is possible? That cut-out kind of reminds me of a RF window.

Post Thanks / Like

Speculation is futile. Wait for the announcement!

I did hear that the sensor is a unique configuration so that could be the game changer. I'm an old fart, anything which would reduce the weight of current MF and still produce the image I expect from MF, I'm in.
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

That's not even a pic of the camera but the drone controller/screen. The joystick is just out of crop.
    Stabilised 4K and hi res still capture in an easy to use package with Hblad image quality. Camera detaches for selfies and go-pro style active lifestyle activities, it even has a 'share' button for live uploading to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

Can't reveal my sources but it's a real game changer.
    never trust the opinion of anyone who lists a load of gear in their forum signature. Dealers do not email me asking to buy your products.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Today Hasselblad sent a reminder on 22 event, on the invite there is another side of the arriving camera...

here's my updated design... considering the images leaked and speculations.

It's highly probable the new born is a MF mirrorless camera with flange box attachment instead of the classical hole, to permit the use with view cameras or tilt / shift adapters without lens (not like the actual HTS).

The CMOS is probable the 50Mpixel with implementation of AF phase detection on the chip or something like that ?

Stay tuned for next information.

Domenico.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's mine ...

I know we've all seen these comments before but I thought it useful (perhaps just for me ) to put them together.

• "in the case of one wholly new model in particular, photography fans will be over the moon" Jonathan Margolis
    • "still has plans to open up its professional dominated market to a wider audience" ... "from professional to the prosumer. That’s the arena we see as a next step" Oosting/CEO
    • "Portability will be key - but how and which ways it will be portable is yet to be announced" Oosting/CEO
    • "...something aimed at the prosumer - which we see as the dedicated amateur, passionate enthusiast, semi-professional etc. - already shooting with a DSLR. Part of this audience already buys into Leica and our first step would be to look at this area, prices and portability" Oosting/CEO
    • "Not an X-pan" Nick T
    • "Not a rebadged ..." Nick T
    • "Not made by Fuji" Nick T
    • Not just marketing fluff (my rewording, vis "game changer") Nick T

Aimed at prosumer, to me means it's not priced in the "professional" band like digital backs, and pricing alone will allow a wider audience.
    Portable: yes, MF mirrorless is a lot more portable than other MF options.
    Already shooting DSLR: I take this to mean that if one is already shooting DSLR/FF then this is something to complement rather than try to move you from DSLR/FF, so a different format could do the trick.
    Already buying into Leica: not sure what that means .. RF seems unlikely, electronic RF like the X-Pro? I think someone already mentioned the port/cover in the 1st image. I think this would allow RF on all lenses (with adapters for registration) to be used right? Quite important for older non-AF lenses.

So I think that's my guess. Digital RF, probably the 50MP Sony built in (ie not a separate back) as it's been out for a while and is probably cheaper than any newer offering to keep the price lower to enter the prosumer. No AF, also to keep cost down. New dedicated lenses? Probably yes, 2 or 3 to start with.

Does this pass the "not just marketing fluff" comments and "game changer" quotes?
    I think it probably does for me, although I'm not sure if I'll play the game (I do have a LOT of MF lenses though ) ...

And I don't think it'll have a fixed lens. Not enough of a game changer, just a bigger version of the Sony RX1 series. Perhaps a series of them, with WA to Tele like the Fuji 69's? Maybe, but then as a collection too expensive ... a digital RF ILC is more like the Mamiya 7, albeit with a smaller sensor than 6x7
    Mike Broomfield
    www.pbase.com/mike_broomfield

Post Thanks / Like

But it is a lot of fun John!
    Weight reduction will be much welcome. My main interest in this announcement is price.
    I hope for a MF camera with a relative price comparable when in the film days. Hey, stop! They said. "Game Changer".
    If FFD35 is around $3K, FFDMF cameras should be parked around $7.5K. With a 33X44 sensor a full function body should park somewhere in between. Likely a bit inclined to the upper end. So we should expect a 50c sensor in a mirrorless body just over $5K. Likely? Not much likely from Hasselblad. But I bet Pentax could easily do it. And Sony too of course.
    Eduardo

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrew View Post
    Speculation is futile. Wait for the announcement!

I did hear that the sensor is a unique configuration so that could be the game changer. I'm an old fart, anything which would reduce the weight of current MF and still produce the image I expect from MF, I'm in.
    Last edited by Uaiomex; 20th June 2016 at 09:46.

Post Thanks / Like

Here are my thoughts on this "game changer." Mirrorless camera at around 50 megapixels that will accept all of the current H lenses. Perhaps there will be adaptors that will make it compatible with Nikon, Canon or Leica lenses. Price will be somewhere between $5-10K. Maybe built in Sweden with heavy collaboration from Sony. I anticipate that many of the features in the A7RII will be incorporated into this camera. I certainly hope the menu is better organized and easier to understand! Whether this will impact my recent purchase of the H6D remains to be seen.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by cerett View Post
    Here are my thoughts on this "game changer." Mirrorless camera at around 50 megapixels that will accept all of the current H lenses. Perhaps there will be adaptors that will make it compatible with Nikon, Canon or Leica lenses. Price will be somewhere between $5-10K. Maybe built in Sweden with heavy collaboration from Sony. I anticipate that many of the features in the A7RII will be incorporated into this camera. I certainly hope the menu is better organized and easier to understand! Whether this will impact my recent purchase of the H6D remains to be seen.
    Would lenses designed for a 35mm FF sensor have enough coverage for the Sony MF sensor in the CFV-50c etc, assuming a sensor of that size is what Hasselblad puts in this new camera?

Gary

Post Thanks / Like

Would lenses designed for a 35mm FF sensor have enough coverage for the Sony MF sensor in the CFV-50c etc, assuming a sensor of that size is what Hasselblad puts in this new camera?

Gary
    Good question. Again, I am intrigued by the phrase "game changer." If this is a camera designed for MF and H lenses only, the answer is no. I would think Hasselblad might want to appeal to a broader market. But who knows at this point. Just mere speculation on my part.

Post Thanks / Like

But will it kick the hornet's nest, and provide an adapter for Phase One lenses, with perhaps even AF (perhaps not as fast as on the XF, but something...) ?
    Now that would be a game changer, wouldn't it ? One camera to rule them all...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by torger View Post

I too seriously doubt it will be either panoramic or square.

Post Thanks / Like

Gary
    35mm lenses, with some exceptions, have obviously not the coverage needed, but it would be possible to make an adapter which allows crop mode use of FF lenses (like Leica SL makes for T lenses).

Having said that, I would be very, very, very surprised if Hasselblad offered a Adapter for Leica S, PhaseOne, or even Nikon or Canon lenses. There will be a new lens line and adapters for H and V lenses, that's it.

Post Thanks / Like

The problem with square format was/is that it should be 56x56 or so, in order to use the V lenses intended for that format, especially the wide angles, but also some iconic lenses with character like the 110mm Planar FE.

And as we know this would be still very expensive to produce. So it seems quite clear to me that a prosumer camera from Hasselblad won't have a square format (sure they may offer a electronic mask with 33x33).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by miska View Post
    But will it kick the hornet's nest, and provide an adapter for Phase One lenses, with perhaps even AF (perhaps not as fast as on the XF, but something...) ?
    Now that would be a game changer, wouldn't it ? One camera to rule them all...
    I would be shocked if there was an adapter for P1 lenses, but anything is possible. For sure, to make this work, they will need to accommodate current owners of H lenses.