Site Sponsors
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Big Hasselblad anouncement on the 22nd.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Big Hasselblad anouncement on the 22nd.

I wonder about the shooting ergonomics, for hand-held fairly fast-paced stuff.

I see that it has a back button focus drive button, back-button focus is my preferred way to work so that's good.

There's two wheels, one for f-stop, and one for shutter speed I suppose. Auto-ISO if it's good is fine by me.

There's no thumb joystick for focus point selection though, so I guess it's one single point in center one will be using with this, focus and recompose (without true focus function though...)

Any speculations?

Post Thanks / Like

Is the future of Hasselblad riding on the success of the crop-sensor line? It would kind of suck if you bought the camera and then hear a few months later that there will be no new x-line lenses coming ever.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm confused about this camera. In which kind of photography this camera will excel? Perhaps landscape, product? Specialized synchro-sunlight photography like posed fashion or fine-art?
    Any ideas?

P. S. Forgot portraiture
    Last edited by Uaiomex; 22nd June 2016 at 08:41.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe it would be possible to use FPS lenses IF there's an electronic shutter. I'm not sure it has one or that it could be added through firmware updates.
    Sony Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Uaiomex View Post
    I'm confused about this camera. In which kind of photography this camera will excel? Perhaps landscape, product? Specialized synchro-sunlight photography like posed fashion or fine-art?
    Any ideas?
    None of those (apps) are crying out for a compact, lightweight camera.

Think about it though, this sort of discussion is far, far better than the Lunar stuff they came up with.

Congrats Hasselblad!

Quote Originally Posted by HiredArm View Post
    I believe it would be possible to use FPS lenses IF there's an electronic shutter. I'm not sure it has one or that it could be added through firmware updates.
    The output in that case (E shutter) would drop to 12 bit. Not what I would want in a camera that costs this much.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    None of those (apps) are crying out for a compact, lightweight camera.

Think about it though, this sort of discussion is far, far better than the Lunar stuff they came up with.

Congrats Hasselblad!

The output in that case (E shutter) would drop to 12 bit. Not what I would want in a camera that costs this much.
    True... It's an option though.
    Sony Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com

Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Uaiomex View Post
    Any ideas?
    For me, doing travel photography and on-location industrial photography at difficult to reach places, this would be the ideal camera. With the 30mm in place and a lens somewhere around 200mm, preferably with close focusing abilities, I would be set for life... I think

But I have some other bills to pay first.

Oh... and 645 is a crop also. People complained about that when the H1 was launched. Others took photos with the thing.
    Things I sell: https://www.shutterstock.com/g/epixx?language=en
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by torger View Post
    It is a niche camera indeed, but I think the niche is quite large. Actually I think more people will think that 50MP is a bit low rather than unnecessarily high. The thing is that the megapixel race is far from over, and 135 is already at 50MP with the 5Ds.

Low pixel count medium format gear simply doesn't sell. Each time I see the reaction to a new resolution king, like the IQ180 once was and now recently the IQ3 100MP, it's so very obvious that resolution is very important to sell medium format gear. Even if it's not strictly needed for your work, people need to feel that they have distanced themselves to the 135 format.
    Yes, it is a niche camera. As I said earlier in the thread, the difference between the Pentax and this one is the size/weight (significant advantage to the H) and the Hasselblad reputation behind the product. Price-wise it is no cheaper than the Pentax who are likely to cut down some more. The feature list of the Pentax is probably better as well.

For me it is definitely not a 'game changer' unless the very concept of a mirrorless MF is considered to be so.

But it is a welcome development and if the promise of adapted use of legacy H glass is borne out then it may be a tempting product. As a landscape and wildlife photographer there is not enough improvement with the present package for me. I am sure it will appeal to many others though.
    Too much to list, let's just say I have a bad case of GAS.........

Post Thanks / Like

Very impressed by the lifestream event - lovely design - neat camera - way to go HB!

But like Jørgen - it will take a while to get the necessary €......

Post Thanks / Like

Because of the requirement of a LS, it should be relatively straightforward to use R/S and S/K lenses on the X1D. Just needs some sort of 'dumb' mount with the lens (in it's helical) on one end + a 'spacer' + the HB male bayonet on the other. Something that SK Grimes could do easily.

That would broadly be the equivalent of an Alpa TC + IQ350 / CFV-50C, but for a lot less.

No AF of course

Post Thanks / Like

Another good project for our admired korean colleague.
    Darn, can't remember his name.

Quote Originally Posted by f8orbust View Post
    Because of the requirement of a LS, it should be relatively straightforward to use R/S and S/K lenses on the X1D. Just needs some sort of 'dumb' mount with the lens (in it's helical) on one end + a 'spacer' + the HB male bayonet on the other. Something that SK Grimes could do easily.

That would broadly be the equivalent of an Alpa TC + IQ350 / CFV-50C, but for a lot less.

No AF of course

Post Thanks / Like

just ordered, delivery in July. this will be my backup to the 100c and also the walk around tool-toy
    adapter to HC/HCD glass is around 300 € and full AF and exposure functionality is guaranteed.
    have a nice evening!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jérôme.E View Post
    Torger,
    I was confirmed by an Hasselblad rep...CFV would be soon discontinued.
    But until confirmed by Hasselblad itself, just a rumor, yes? I will admit though that a small part of the reason I bought mine was a gut feeling it might be the last CFV back they make.

Hopefully they sell a bunch of these awesome new X1D cameras and keep the CFV going with the momentum they have.

Either way, well done with the new camera Hasselblad, everything looks killer and it will be a great fit for a lot of location and landscape shooters.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ai_Print View Post
    But until confirmed by Hasselblad itself, just a rumor, yes? I will admit though that a small part of the reason I bought mine was a gut feeling it might be the last CFV back they make.
    I didn't ask for that directly...he said it during the discussion I had with him about the new "game changer" before its launch. May be he was "forecasting" but why a rep would assume that ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jérôme.E View Post
    I didn't ask for that directly...he said it during the discussion I had with him about the new "game changer" before its launch. May be he was "forecasting" but why a rep would assume that ?
    Understood but there are a lot of people on photo forums who feed on the spread of rumors as a means to feel important rather than share in the love of photography, so I tend to not like to feed them until the "meal" is ready...:-)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm really into the concept overall. Couldn't care less about putting it on an Actus or adapting Canon lenses etc., but if the AF is sluggish and/or the EVF is average it'd kill it for me. It needs to be fast, fast, fast to be viable as a reportage camera. Does anyone know if it has focus peaking? Weather sealing?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tjv View Post
    I'm really into the concept overall. Couldn't care less about putting it on an Actus or adapting Canon lenses etc., but if the AF is sluggish and/or the EVF is average it'd kill it for me. It needs to be fast, fast, fast to be viable as a reportage camera. Does anyone know if it has focus peaking? Weather sealing?
    It says on the B&H product page that "weather and dust sealing ensures this system can stand up to all environmental conditions professionals find themselves in". IDK about focus peaking though.

Post Thanks / Like

Somewhere in this thread someone said that the CFV was being discontinued (sorry I can't find the OP).

I have just checked and can tell you that the CFV is NOT being discontinued.
    www.nick-t.com
    http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.com
    Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post