The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Big Hasselblad anouncement on the 22nd.

Christopher

Who is K&M Camera? They don't list Hasselblad as one of their product lines. If I was truly interested I would be talking to Dave at CI.... At this point I'm only slightly tempted but its a great release for Hasselblad assuming its available sometime in 2016.

Victor
To quote someone at LL: "KM camera are one of the two legendary camera stores of NYC left in business."

I said it once in this forum almost 2 years ago and nobody reacted. This is the future.. Medium format, full frame APS-C and all the rest to mirrorless.!!

vjbelle

To quote someone at LL: "KM camera are one of the two legendary camera stores of NYC left in business."
That may be but they don't list Hasselblad as one of their product lines. I don't care how legendary they are I'm not about to give anyone $1k up front when they may not even be a dealer. Just working with the info available.

Victor

torger

Maybe these are the first pictures online from the X1D. SQUARES?
Via Photo Rumors.
Give it a click
Hasselblad X1D Mirrorless Launch? - Album on Imgur
I guess it's a part of the marketing strategy, to connect back to the legendary V system. The look of the camera itself is pretty "squarish" too, I think it looks really nice by the way, although I'd like to have a bit more of the retro look on the lenses too. I would expect the camera to have a square crop mode just like the CFV backs, and it's probably that the photographers have used for the album. But the sensor clearly shows that it is a 4:3 camera, and I'm glad for that.

V

Vivek

The camera registry is clearly very short.

The sensor plane mark is visible. It is next one of the strap lugs and above the H.

It gives hope that even Canon EF lenses can be adapted for this camera.

iiiNelson

This actually looks good and I'd agree that this is potentially a game changer. I hope the next two lenses released are an ultra wide in the 20-28mm range and a long telephoto in the 150-180mm range. The price is expected although I hoped for a revolutionary price that was even lower (closer to 4.5-7k).

Pradeep

Tell you the truth, I was hoping for something a bit more, well, revolutionary - like say a Phase IQ3 FF for the price of the Pentax. I know, it was too much to wish for. You can't get champagne for beer money, but sometimes you just might......;)

From what I am reading, the sensor seems to be the size and resolution as the Sony 50MP in the IQ250 or the Pentax 645z, whether it is exactly the same remains to be seen.

There is no tilt capable LCD, a big let down for those who've now become accustomed to it.

The new lenses are just that - new. Unless it can take legacy H glass it becomes very limited.

The body is smaller, that is very welcome and being mirrorless allows for the development of interesting adapters.

The price is what the Pentax was offered at initially, so no big gains there (but didn't honestly expect any).

So far, the only positive thing from my perspective is the smaller size and the Hasselblad reputation. Not sure I can get too excited - not yet anyway. Still it is exactly the kind of boost MF needs, it keeps the interest alive and affordable (relatively speaking).

bensonga

Some have made the comment they hoped it would be the equivalent of a digital Mamiya 7II. Well, the basic body shape/design of the new X1D, at least from the few pics we have seen, does have a passing resemblance to a 7II. It will be interesting to see how close it comes in actual physical dimensions and weight.

I don't think many of us were really expecting the new Hasselblad to be a rangefinder.

Gary

Daure

Something seams to be wrong with the picture of the body plus the lens.
The mount of the lens ( and the body) is not Paralell to the front of the lens :shocked:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Please don't let us have a new "crop vs. full frame" debate. Full frame can be anything from 35mm to 8 x 10. This is a new product family from Hasselblad, and apparently, it's 44 x 33 mm or thereabouts. That's almost twice the size of 35mm, so large enough for many, probably most. Also, a larger sensor would mean a larger body and not least larger, more expensive lenses, limiting the market for the camera.

Let's discuss what it is and not what it could've been. I've noticed that it doesn't seem to have a built in, steam driven can opener either ;)

iiiNelson

I guess the big thing left for me to see are the specs. Are the two lenses announce focal plane type lenses or do they have leaf shutters? Is the body dual mode like say the Leica S to be able to support focal plane or central shutters? What's the minimum shutter speed... I'd hope it was at least 1/8000th of a second if it's a focal plane shutter. Is there an electronic shutter? What's with the rumors about removing the ability to tether? I think most people interested in this camera would like the ability to do so even if it's not a regular thing for them.

Other than had that it looks like it has potential. Seems like the freaky love child of a Mamiya 7II, a Leica T, a Hasselblad H camera, a Hasselblad V camera, and a Sony FE camera.

BlinkingEye

I guess the big thing left for me to see are the specs. Are the two lenses announce focal plane type lenses or do they have leaf shutters? Is the body dual mode like say the Leica S to be able to support focal plane or central shutters? What's the minimum shutter speed... I'd hope it was at least 1/8000th of a second if it's a focal plane shutter. Is there an electronic shutter? What's with the rumors about removing the ability to tether? I think most people interested in this camera would like the ability to do so even if it's not a regular thing for them.

Other than had that it looks like it has potential. Seems like the freaky love child of a Mamiya 7II, a Leica T, a Hasselblad H camera, a Hasselblad V camera, and a Sony FE camera.
I agree. Tethering is important. I believe it would be a mistake to not be able to tether. A certain deal breaker for some.

We will know the specs in the morning.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member

I would be surprised if it doesn't offer wireless tethering.

tjv

It's funny to read some Phase sales people on various forums poo pooing the new compact 'blad because its:

"Cropped medium format is not *really* medium format. But maybe the rich enthusiasts it’s pointed at won’t know the difference."

And other such gems... So the cropped sensor *is* MF when in an XF, but not in a 'blad? The knives are out, eh? :watch:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I'd be surprised if it did, the bandwidth required to send RAWS across wireless would be pretty epic no?
I would also be surprised if it doesn't have pretty epic wireless bandwidth also ;)

Look at it this way:
This is a very portable camera and will be used a lot for on-site shooting where tethering to a laptop will be the rule. That laptop will often be some kind of MacBook, and since Apple seems hellbent on removing all kind of holes from their computers (they're probably afraid of data leaks or something), WiFi might soon be the only way to connect. With more serious processing capacity and competent editing software becoming available for tablet computers like the iPad Pro, wireless is already the way to go.