The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Big Hasselblad anouncement on the 22nd.

miska

It could also be that Hassi got a new generation of Sony 50Mpix MF chips. It has been a while now since Pentax got the 645Z out. So it may well be that Sony has done some upgrades to their detector.
Perhaps Pentax will also get a 645Z II out at the Kina.

We will know soon enough :)

synn

Thank god it has started. If I heard "Jasmine trees, Jasmine leaves" one more time, I'd throw something at the wall.

I think it's either focal plane or leaf shutter. AFAIK the Sony sensor can't do fully electronic shutter. Or am I wrong? It might be an updated sensor though with some new features... but I doubt it, except possibly a CFA mod for autofocus.
I'd be cool if the lenses had leaf shutters in them, it would definitely put the camera in a unique position.

What happened? The new cam isn't a medium format system?
Depends on whether or not you consider the Leica S a medium format camera... It's becoming somewhat irrelevant to shoehorn cameras in as being a "crop" or "full-frame" equivalent of film, when a system might use a unique format with lenses designed around that format. It's really only still around so that we can guess focal length equivalency between formats more easily.

Sensor size is hardly indicative of actual performance, so you simply have to rely on the facts, and the fact is that the Sony 33x44 sensor is arguably more than 99% of photographers can truly make use of. Would there really be more value in having used a larger sensor? There's a lot of stuff they can still work into this format as it is, like IBIS. Going bigger might just hurt usability by upping the lens size requirements and such.

JohnBrew

I was impressed. What many of us have been waiting for. 725 g weight. Nice. Loved the screen and scrolling for the most immediate, important items.
Adapter for HC lenses. Not too keen on the EVF - time will tell, might be a deal-breaker for many. The Leica SL EVF is state of the art at the moment, it will have to be equivalent or better (preferably better). I'm sure they'll sell a bunch of them due to size and portability more than anything else. Feedback from some of the big name shooters should be most revealing.

Last edited:

Christopher

Nope, 30mm.
Great and it's for me a sad moment afterall. I hoped for more, especially third party support. Well, I already know I won't spent 15k on such a camera with two lenses. Now let's wait for Sony and what else is happening at Photokina.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great camera and right for lot's of people, I'm just not one of them. :cry:

Christopher

I was impressed. What many of us have been waiting for. 725 g weight. Nice. Loved the screen and scrolling for the most immediate, important items.
Adapter for HC lenses. Not too keen on the EVF - time will tell, might be a deal-breaker for many. The Leica SL EVF is state of the art at the moment, it will have to be equivalent or better. I'm sure they'll sell a bunch of them due to size and portability more than anything else. Feedback from some of the big name shooters should be most revealing.

From the specs I would say no way it will be better. Leica SL SXAG, 4.4 MP - X1D 2.36MP XGA Electronic Viewfinder

cerett

Great to see Hasselblad clearly back in the picture! Glad I stayed with them over the years. Perhaps now, finally, no more Lunar (Lunacy) comments.

gmfotografie

great camera !
but i will get the cfv-50c for felxibility - i have to use tilt shift options - using a tech camera is the way i go