The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Big Hasselblad anouncement on the 22nd.

M

mjr

I just saw that too, sounds interesting, I hope it's a huge success whatever it is!

Mat

modator

Via official Hasselblad Facebook page:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tah8tiFLBZc

"A game changer in the world of photography
Join the announcement on Wed 22nd June, 14.00 (CET), as we livestream the event from Gothenburg, Sweden."
:chug:

I guess :
A new sealed dust/waterproof panoramic 2x3 Medium Format 50mpix cropped 30x45mm CMOS Sensor 16bit 18 stop dynamic range mirrorless camera ISO From 50 to 25600, 1/4000s to 120min exposure with 5 axis stabilization, capable of +/- 5mm UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT Shifts, with star tracking features, 4K video recording, long lasting battery, USB-3, WiFi, NFC, HDMI, high res 5" completely detachable touch display, 2K Large Electronic Viev Finder, GPS, True focus III, new 1/4000s low weight centra shutter lens lineup, accessory to use the existing HC lenses.

Price tag around 2000€ (or less :clap: ) without lens... :loco:

That's a true game changer !!! :ROTFL:

MrSmith

maybe it’s a machined aluminium iPhone holder with cold shoe mount like an Alpa but twice the price and available in ‘champagne’ colour way. i can but dream.

torger

The photo looks like a camera body (seen from the front, the grip just outside the frame to the left), with viewfinder, but probably no mirror box. I don't get the black rounded rectangular shapes though.

A medium format mirrorless body with the 44x33 Sony sensor aimed at the luxury consumer segment?

I find it unlikely with a new sensor format (like X-pan) with Sony as the provider...

Or maybe it isn't a camera body at all? Maybe it's just a housing where you can hide your ugly Lunar camera inside? ;)

M

mjr

I wonder if it will have an internal sensor as from the image it doesn't look very deep, or whether it will take existing backs to it? I guess we will find out soon, I'm sort of hoping it's an internal sensor though ala Leica S, obviously it will have a much shorter sensor to mount distance so will need new lenses, seems like a very big undertaking for a business like hasselblad, whatever it is I hope they do well.

Mat

Geoff

The photo looks like a camera body (seen from the front, the grip just outside the frame to the left), with viewfinder, but probably no mirror box. I don't get the black rounded rectangular shapes though.

A medium format mirrorless body with the 44x33 Sony sensor aimed at the luxury consumer segment?

I find it unlikely with a new sensor format (like X-pan) with Sony as the provider...

Or maybe it isn't a camera body at all? Maybe it's just a housing where you can hide your ugly Lunar camera inside? ;)
Or could it be from the back, buttons on the left, with the rounded rect shape as the back screen, no removable back, sort of a Hassy "SL" ?
Then the curve on the far left isn't coming forward (like a handgrip), bu going downwards... But the pentaprism seems odd...

CSP

i guess this is the fuij mf camera i was told about last year even when hassalblad will claim they build it. when the xf was shown it was rather clear that phaseone does not have the potential and partners to build a real modern mf camera. hasselblad with fuji is in a far better position and i think when this is the first mirrorless mf camera we will see a fast change and growth of the mf market. others like sony will follow. great times !

CSP

just got a hint about the price, this will make a lot of people happy ! and it seems hc lenses are usable too !

jerome_m

Or could it be from the back, buttons on the left, with the rounded rect shape as the back screen, no removable back, sort of a Hassy "SL" ?
Indeed. It looks like a body directly milled from aluminium, as in Apple "unibodies" or the Leica T. The rounded rectangle looks to be glued in the same manner as the back screen of the Leica T.

This being said, we have no idea of the size of the sensor, the presence of absence of a viewfinder, etc...

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Then the curve on the far left isn't coming forward (like a handgrip), bu going downwards... But the pentaprism seems odd...
A mirrorless full frame would make sense. I also have some 100% reliable information about this camera: I won't be able to afford it ;)

MrSmith

It will be funny if this thread needs to be moved to the compact cameras section:ROTFL:
Who's to say it's not a 1in sensor fixed lens compact with titanium and ostrich leather details? HBlad have history in the luxury compact sector.:thumbs:

M

mjr

Ha! It would be disappointing if it wasn't an mf sensor that is true! I would guess a Leica SL type thing with a big sensor would do the trick. I am obviously well out of the technology loop though, I just hope there are still options for a nice big optical viewfinder and a ccd back in the future, ideally cheaper because nobody else wants them! No matter how hard I try I can't get on with evf, the obvious benefits don't outweigh the disconnect I feel when looking at a small tv screen, it must mean I'm old school.

Whatever it is, I hope that it's popular and it keeps Hasselblad going, it's great to have options.

Mat

Godfrey

Make it a 36x36mm, 36Mpixel sensor with a fixed, super high quality, 25mm lens and you've got a modern SWC. I'd salivate a lot over that one. I might even buy it if it was "reasonably" priced, for whatever reasonable means to me at the time of its availability.

I look forward to seeing what they announce.

G

Nick-T

I can tell you that it's beautiful.

I can also tell you that it's NOT made by Fuji.

I can also tell you that it is made in Sweden.

If this thread get's cluttered up with people making hilarious comments about the debacle that was the Stellar then I'm out.

Oh and I know marketing like to throw around phrases like "Game Changer" but this one is.

tjv

Sounds good, Nick...
Here's my wish list:
1: 50c sensor or better / bigger.
2: Leica S like form factor, but better if it is much smaller.
3: Mirrorless with SL like electronic viewfinder. (Resolution and refresh rate)
4: 4K video or better with raw format recording.
5: electronic shutter so no vibration.
6: a valid replacement for my favourite ever MF camera, the Mamiya 7ii.

iiiNelson

I'm hoping for a relatively affordable (for MF) rangefinder style panoramic mirrorless. I believe there was a interview of press release where the Hasselblad Representative mentioned the X-Pan. That will actually be game hanging and something that no one else is doing in any format besides film.