The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad X1D

tjv

Dear Hasselblad,

I'm really excited by your new camera and wish you the very best with its launch. The feature set looks great and it seems so far to be the perfect replacement to my much loved Mamiya 7.

I would like to ask you though if you may clarify a few details about the X1D for us:

1: Will the HTS 1.5 work with the X1D and H lens adaptor, and will adjustments be transmitted to metadata for automatic corrections in Phocus?

2: Is there plans to impliment an electronic shutter feature so that people may take the liberty of using the X1D on such platforms as the Cambo Actus, or indeed adapting third party lenses without leaf shutters?

3: Is the refresh rate of the live view feed in the EVF 30fps, and is this specification limited by the capacity of the sensor itself in that it can't output any quicker and retain the same level of detail?

4: Can you please confirm here that the autofocus point can be moved across all areas of the sensor area?

5: Lastly, does the X1D have a focus peaking function to aid in manual focusing and checking the precise focus point?

Thanks and again, well done with the new camera!

TJV

Dear Hasselblad,

I'm really excited by your new camera and wish you the very best with its launch. The feature set looks great and it seems so far to be the perfect replacement to my much loved Mamiya 7.

I would like to ask you though if you may clarify a few details about the X1D for us:

1: Will the HTS 1.5 work with the X1D and H lens adaptor, and will adjustments be transmitted to metadata for automatic corrections in Phocus?

2: Is there plans to impliment an electronic shutter feature so that people may take the liberty of using the X1D on such platforms as the Cambo Actus, or indeed adapting third party lenses without leaf shutters?

3: Is the refresh rate of the live view feed in the EVF 30fps, and is this specification limited by the capacity of the sensor itself in that it can't output any quicker and retain the same level of detail?

4: Can you please confirm here that the autofocus point can be moved across all areas of the sensor area?

5: Lastly, does the X1D have a focus peaking function to aid in manual focusing and checking the precise focus point?

TJV
Hi TJV,

Great to hear. Here are some of the answers I can give at this very moment. All of our Swedish engineers are already gone celebrating the Swedish Midsummer - the biggest Swedish holiday during the year here in Sweden :D

1: Will the HTS 1.5 work with the X1D and H lens adaptor, and will adjustments be transmitted to metadata for automatic corrections in Phocus? - Yes, it is in the plan. If it works fine without compromising optical and image quality, the feature will be introduced.

2: Is there plans to impliment an electronic shutter feature so that people may take the liberty of using the X1D on such platforms as the Cambo Actus, or indeed adapting third party lenses without leaf shutters? - No, X1D will work only with the new XCD lenses or with all the existing HC/HCD lenses using the adapter. This is mainly to secure the the highest possible image quality which is key for Hasselblad.

3: Is the refresh rate of the live view feed in the EVF 30fps, and is this specification limited by the capacity of the sensor itself in that it can't output any quicker and retain the same level of detail? - X1D EVF performance is outstanding, no need for any quicker rates in here. There are EVFs out there with higher fps but the actual performance does not live up to Hasselblad quality standards. We suggest to book a demo and check out EVF's performance on your own at www.hasselblad.com/x1d

4: Can you please confirm here that the autofocus point can be moved across all areas of the sensor area? - It will, yes. At this stage it is central single focus point, but we are about to launch selectable single focus point feature.

5: Lastly, does the X1D have a focus peaking function to aid in manual focusing and checking the precise focus point? - Autofocus metering via contrast detection with instant manual focus override.

I hope this helps!

// The Hasselblad team

tjv

Thanks for taking the time to reply, it's great to have all of this information directly from Hasselblad. I will certainly book a demo!

Hi TJV,

Great to hear. Here are some of the answers I can give at this very moment. All of our Swedish engineers are already gone celebrating the Swedish Midsummer - the biggest Swedish holiday during the year here in Sweden :D

1: Will the HTS 1.5 work with the X1D and H lens adaptor, and will adjustments be transmitted to metadata for automatic corrections in Phocus? - Yes, it is in the plan. If it works fine without compromising optical and image quality, the feature will be introduced.

2: Is there plans to impliment an electronic shutter feature so that people may take the liberty of using the X1D on such platforms as the Cambo Actus, or indeed adapting third party lenses without leaf shutters? - No, X1D will work only with the new XCD lenses or with all the existing HC/HCD lenses using the adapter. This is mainly to secure the the highest possible image quality which is key for Hasselblad.

3: Is the refresh rate of the live view feed in the EVF 30fps, and is this specification limited by the capacity of the sensor itself in that it can't output any quicker and retain the same level of detail? - X1D EVF performance is outstanding, no need for any quicker rates in here. There are EVFs out there with higher fps but the actual performance does not live up to Hasselblad quality standards. We suggest to book a demo and check out EVF's performance on your own at www.hasselblad.com/x1d

4: Can you please confirm here that the autofocus point can be moved across all areas of the sensor area? - It will, yes. At this stage it is central single focus point, but we are about to launch selectable single focus point feature.

5: Lastly, does the X1D have a focus peaking function to aid in manual focusing and checking the precise focus point? - Autofocus metering via contrast detection with instant manual focus override.

I hope this helps!

// The Hasselblad team

JohnBrew

I have been in contact with my HB rep. He told me the demand is such that acquiring a demo unit to send out to people such as me may take some time. He said there will be published today a roll-out schedule where interested parties may try the new camera.

I must try one first before any commitment as my only other experience with an EVF was not pleasant.

The billingham luxury bag, is it included in the price of a camera or costs extra?
Hi Vivek,

The Billingham bag is not included in the X1D's in-box.

Here is the full details on all the prices of X1D and its accessories:

hasselblad.com/products/x1d-pricing-information

// The Hasselblad team

Hulyss Bowman

Thank you :)

So the upcoming XCD 30 mm f/3,5 will have superior MTF, so superior that it will outperform the actual HCD 28mm f/4.

Every guys worried about wide landscape superior IQ can sleep very well and start to save money. Not that much money after all it will be around 3K US$.

synn

Hi Hasselblad,

Thank you for answering questions in this forum and I wish you have great success with this product.

As a Mamiyaleaf owner, I would just like to tell you that I would have really loved it if this product supported a focal plane shutter in addition to the leaf shutters so that I could use my Mamiya lenses on it. I am far too invested in the M645 platform to contemplate a shift to the H series cameras, but I would have defintiely gone for the X series to compliment my kit if it supported my lenses.

Perhaps, this might be something you could look at in the future, if you would like to court the customers of competing MF brands.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Hi TJV,

I hope this helps!

// The Hasselblad team
From the GetDPI admin team. Welcome and I really appreciate you coming in to answer some questions from our users. It looks very exciting and I really want to test and review it myself. So hopefully that is something we can do down the road. I'm in talks now with Dave from Capture Integration about trying one out for our members.

V

Vivek

Hi Vivek,

The Billingham bag is not included in the X1D's in-box.

Here is the full details on all the prices of X1D and its accessories:

hasselblad.com/products/x1d-pricing-information

// The Hasselblad team
Now that the very important aspect is out of the way, what is the camera registry of the X1D? :)

Last edited:

Guy Mancuso

So the upcoming XCD 30 mm f/3,5 will have superior MTF, so superior that it will outperform the actual HCD 28mm f/4.

Every guys worried about wide landscape superior IQ can sleep very well and start to save money. Not that much money after all it will be around 3K US$.
Im on PB&J sandwiches for the next 6 months. Lol

CSP

Hi TJV,

// The Hasselblad team

hi,

no focus peaking, really ? please tell me this is not true. i was very close to upgrade my aging h3d2 but to offer a mirrorless mf camera without the features that makes mirrorless superior in many ways is a bad joke.

BANKER1

There has been a lot of talk that this camera will cannibalize existing Hasselblad customers, and I agree that may happen to a certain extent. But, I also feel that, if people who want to enter the MFD format are considering Phase or Hassy, this camera may tip their decision in favor of Hassy in order to have access to this camera and the entire line of Hassy lenses. When you consider Hasselblad cameras, lenses, software, accessories, and support as a system, I feel it is the most complete system in the MFD market.

Greg

Guy Mancuso

Dear Hasselblad,

TJV
Great questions , thanks for posting these

Guy Mancuso

There has been a lot of talk that this camera will cannibalize existing Hasselblad customers, and I agree that may happen to a certain extent. But, I also feel that, if people who want to enter the MFD format are considering Phase or Hassy, this camera may tip their decision in favor of Hassy in order to have access to this camera and the entire line of Hassy lenses. When you consider Hasselblad cameras, lenses, software, accessories, and support as a system, I feel it is the most complete system in the MFD market.

Greg
Hey I had 5 count them 5 Phase backs and everything to go with them. I'll shoot a Hassy any day of the week and I would love to buy into this new Hassy. Lol

JohnBrew

Hulyss, thanks for that info. Have you seen the MTF? Reason I ask is I went to the HB site and could not find much. If the MTF's are available I'd certainly like a gander.
Regards,
John

Guy Mancuso

I do have a question as currently shooting Sony when we go into a magnify view at what level or percentage is the X1D going to be. For instance the Sony goes to 12.5 view when we hit the magnify on the camera. Also with that it sounds a little different in operation on the X1D. What I gather in AF mode is once it acquires it's focus point if you start turning the focus ring your already in manual focus mode. Could you explain that maybe in better detail. Thanks