The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad X1D

algrove

View attachment 121406

I was honestly too excited to play with the camera at the preview event to pay that close attention, and it was pretty hectic with all the other photographers waiting around to try it out. There's a pic of the back of an xcd lens from dpreview. It does look like there is an outer o-ring as it protudes towards the screen from the screw mount as you can see in the top right but maybe I'm wrong.
I cannot tell from that image if the black edge is an o-ring or just the outer black section of the lens itself. Generally the o-ring would be highly visible. Perhaps someone can show what I mean by posting an image of one of the newer Pentax 645Z lenses where the o-ring is highly visible due to its red color. Thanks for the image post.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Loxia lenses are much like this image above but they are blue. Hassy looks like it went black. That does look like a rubber ring to me.

It can't be the barrel as it's starts getting into the body mount so it must be a flexible O ring

peterb

I'm not sure this was asked on this thread as I am just catching up on this wonderful camera but can anyone tell me if you use, say the H series 100mm f2.2 lens with the adapter Hasselblad has planned (with full AF apparently) will the lens be an 80mm f2.2 lens? (0.8 crop factor)

Thanks.

Peter

tcdeveau

Park Cameras lists the X1D with an expected arrival date in late October. Not sure if the date is from Hasselblad or if they just make **** up like B&H.

https://www.parkcameras.com/p/H0157...lblad/x1d-50c-medium-format-mirrorless-camera
Not that it helps, but B&H removed the "expected availability" from their X1D product page for the moment when it said end of September a couple days ago. Borrowlenses is saying 10/25 expected arrival subject to manufacturer release now, when it said Sept. 26th before.

In an article on Lula posted today, Kevin Raber says "Perry [Oosting, Hasselblad CEO] and I will be sitting down for another interview at PhotoPlus East next month (starts Oct 19th). By then, the X1D should be shipping and we’ll have plenty to talk about!".

As demo cameras are now shipping, I imagine orders will start to be fulfilled in the next couple weeks and several sources indicate possibility for end of October, but my guess is as good as anyone elses.

steve_cor

I'm not sure this was asked on this thread as I am just catching up on this wonderful camera but can anyone tell me if you use, say the H series 100mm f2.2 lens with the adapter Hasselblad has planned (with full AF apparently) will the lens be an 80mm f2.2 lens? (0.8 crop factor)

Thanks.

Peter

Peter,
I think you are correct that the 100mm f2.2 lens with the adapter Hasselblad has planned will give an angle of view like an 80mm lens in 35mm format.

--Steve.

ddanois

I suppose the delivery delays shouldn't be a surprise...I've been in this field for many years now and I can't remember any new product introduction that met an initial delivery expectation.

I believe it's done intentionally to drive pre-orders so that the manufacturer can plan for funding and ramp-up requirements.

Last edited:
I suppose the delivery delays shouldn't be a surprise...I've been in this field for many years now and I can't remember any new product introduction that met an initial delivery expectation.

I believe it's done intentionally to drive pre-orders so that the manufacturer can plan for funding and ramp-up requirements.
I bet that earthquake never happened :)

The x1d with the new 30mm lens will be 13mm longer than shown. That will as close to a modern SWC as we'll get. It would be all I need after hitting the lotto.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I certainly like the look of it. My concerns now turn to flash protocols and software and Hassy having Nikon protocol for flash is a big advantage as I just need to switch a trigger out at 50 dollars and just get a Godox Nikon unit which is less than 200. Fuji is a problem as no Fuji triggers for my Godox system. My other big problem is software. I do not like Lightroom but I have tried Phocus and i can work with that pretty good plus tethered work. Fuji I'm just not sure about. I know one thing I'm going to sit back on these choices. I honestly love the look of the Hassy but the Fuji maybe more flexible . What I would like to hear from Hassy is some hard timelines on lenses and accessories. I need to know what's coming before I invest. I'm a working Pro and my risks are high. I do hope folks take that in consideration as working Pros really need assurance on timelines , service, accessories and delivery. I'm not going to be left holding coal in my hands. So both companies need to vie for my money and others as well. No more cat and mouse we need to know what is in the works. This is not a marketing game.

Godfrey

The x1d with the new 30mm lens will be 13mm longer than shown. That will as close to a modern SWC as we'll get. It would be all I need after hitting the lotto.
It's a lovely piece. I'm holding out hopes for a 20-24mm lens.
Not buying right now, though... and it has nothing to do with the X1D, which I've already decided would suit me very well.

No, I've just been having too much fun buying stuff for my new car: bought an even nicer set of wheels, new tires, and am looking at what it's going to take to upgrade the fancy high end stereo system for Bluetooth and access to my iPhone for audio streaming and telephone calls. There are more new toys to enjoy than just new cameras, eh? :)

G