The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture Integration in Carmel 2009

M

Mcarle

Hi Guys, this is Mariah, I am looking about and trying to find my way around this place...

I'll post my images as soon as I get them from Ken....

:D

Don Libby

Hi Guys, this is Mariah, I am looking about and trying to find my way around this place...

Hi Mariah

Got a peek at a couple of the landscapes you did and they look very good! Can't wait to see them after you work them up. It was great meeting and shooting w/you - I'll always remember the quote "I only weight 100 pounds"....

Oh and welcome to the funny farm of medium format!

Whoa there, for a minute I thought I was looking at something from "Lord of the Rings" ...

Don, let me know when you are back in town. There is still a breakfast to be had.

Mark

Hi Mark

Got back home late this afternoon. Breakfast sounds good but we'll have to put it on hold for at least a week as Sandy & I leave next Monday for Monument Valley for a couple days. We need to hookup later this month if possible.

Don

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Welcome to the forum Mariah. Looks like you had fun shooting with the guy's. Look forward to seeing what you got on the shoot. Enjoy yourself here , we do like to have fun.

R

Rafa

Dang, it seems you guys had a great time and the photos are great!. I would have loved to join you but I was putting my P45+ through its paces in Bali :)
Hope you do this again soon.
Rafa

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
It was great meeting everybody even though I didn't get to actually shoot with any of you :)() But I did enjoy the morning full of laughs, and even the surprise breakfast of "pigs in a blanket!"

And Mariah, a special welcome to the forum! And my compliments on your brilliant marketing strategy -- you clearly win the prize for best intro photo to date! :ROTFL:

Cheers,

LJL

Jack,
I know you are very good at PS, but this is.....eeeeewww!!

Mariah,
Feel free to PS some taste into Mr. Flesher if you can ;-)

LJ

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Okay LJ,

I deleted the attached image in the interests of good taste ;)

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
You know I have to say when i am teaching on the workshops and in the field i always remind everyone to take a look and see what is actually going on behind them. Obviously you guy's did not get the memo.:eek:

Mariah next time smack them both in the back of the head for me

Don Libby

See that little bit of red on my arm? That came flying over from Mariah as she was getting ready to pose behind Chris. Later on Chris let on to us that he actually could see what was going one behind him on the LCD and kept shooting the lighthouse; me on the other hand had the camera up to my face to stop laughing so hard.

The other thought running through my head was here's Ken & Mariah one used to being photographed with high-end gear and Ken use to using either his P45 or 1Ds III and this shot was taken with a G9 - talk about guy with a camera!

Got to say that this was one of the best landscape shot I've done in a long while.

Don

I think Ken also has video!

LJL

Okay LJ,

I deleted the attached image in the interests of good taste ;)
Jack,
I am far from a prude, censor, or anything of the sort. I just thought it did Mariah a terrible disservice ;) Don on the other hand may have gotten some titillation from it :ROTFL:

Trust me, I did the double take before that queasy feeling set in.

LJ

Don Libby

Pigeon Point Lighthouse - This was taken on Friday of the shoot till you drop visit to Carmel:LOL:

Hey Scott - Bummer on the laptop sorry to hear about it any word on a claim?

Don

kdphotography

It was great meeting everybody even though I didn't get to actually shoot with any of you :)() But I did enjoy the morning full of laughs, and even the surprise breakfast of "pigs in a blanket!"

Thanks for "putting up with the kids" and partaking of the Pigs in a Blanket! I promise---next time I'll buy you a "real" breakfast----unless Guy makes it, then you know the Pigs ina Blanket have got to come out again..... :D

Thanks for the great class! :thumbup:

ken

kdphotography

I'm dying to see some of the Night-time shots from Thurs! When are those going to get posted? =)
Hi Chris! Other images have been posted by Don and Chris....

Here's one from last Thursday evening....Don and I tend to get easily distracted---just like kids. :p En route to dinner, we passed by and had to stop to photograph the SF Palace of Fine Arts with a typical "hit-and-run" style....

Phase 645AF, Phase P65+, Mamiya 35mm, 100 iso, f/8 at 8 seconds. Just a sneak peek at more to come....

ken

Last edited:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Beautiful image Ken! I still think the gold standard would be to do that shot and merge it with one taken at sunset...

Don Libby

The Palace of Fine Arts and Carmel Mission have turned out to be my new favorite spots.

The Palace was funny as we got turned around a little and with Ken in the passenger seat and Chris & Mariah in the rear we all decided at once that it was a must stop - to bad the initial stop was right in the middle of the street! I think we did make it to the curb to unload the gear - as Ken said, true hit and run photography.

Don