The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture Integration in Carmel 2009

kdphotography

Don Libby and I finally got to meet Chris Lawery of Capture Integration last week in Carmel. We met up with several other photographers and starting in San Francisco worked our way down south of Big Sur. We had quite the collection of equipment, with several Cambo RS bodies, a Horseman, Phase 645AF bodies, four or five P45+ backs, a P65+, and large assortment of lenses. And the Cube. :thumbup: Also got to handle Andy Bigg's Kiboko backpack. :thumbs:

Jack Flesher came down to Carmel on Friday morning. Guy missed it---he must have been tipped off to us all ordering Pigs in a Blanket at the Wagon Wheel in Carmel Valley. :D Doug Peterson from the Miami Office of Capture Integration couldn't make it, so Jack taught a quick class on the new Capture One Pro. Fantastic tips from Jack! :thumbs:

Last edited:

kdphotography

I didn't plan on shooting as much as we did, having been more concerned with being the good host. But we were blessed with good weather and a really fun group with a great sense of humor. I'm still cooking the images from the Phase P65+ and plan on sharing a few as well as my impressions of the P65+. Big thanks to Chris Lawery and Capture Integration for taking the time to visit the central coast and share their expertise.

1. Horsing around with the Horseman.
2. The group shooting landscapes in Big Sur.
3. Group in Big Sur L to R: Chris Lawery, Scott Hoerner, Mariah Carle, Don Libby, Ken Doo, and Paul Indman.

Last edited:

kdphotography

1. A typical day shooting landscapes in Carmel. Sorry you couldn't make it, Doug! :D

2. Don Libby: Turnaround is fair play....

:ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL:

Last edited:

jlm

Workshop Member
nobody is pilling off their shirts in NY...12 degrees this am.

looks like a fun outing

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I'm just pissed I missed the pigs in the blanket at the Wagon Wheel. Although if I had to lift my shirt it would not be good to post on the forum. LOL

Mariah and Don obviously have more to show off. LOL

Don Libby

What Ken failed to disclose is that these images were taken with the G9 so that the larger sensors wouldn't be damaged.

We still need to meet up for lunch somewhere Guy; I promise there will be no lifting of shirts - at least by either of us.

Doug - we had no idea you were intoxicated when Mariah called you...

Haven't had this much "legal" fun in a very long time.:ROTFL::ROTFL:

Don

Ken & I spoke before picking up Chris and nether of us expected to get any "real" images from the trip however we both walked or stumbled away with several very good keepers; I'm very impressed with the files I saw from the P65 having worked a couple up on my laptop just prior to leaving.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Doug - we had no idea you were intoxicated when Mariah called you...
I'm in my 20s living in South Beach and it was Saturday at 11:30pm. Did you think I would be reviewing sensor design?

Ha. Actually I had only made it to one bar at that point so I really was not tipsy yet (had you called two hours later however...). Really that call made my night though it did make me wish I was there with you all.

How about we start planning the next get together now so that I can cling to that instead of regretting missing this last one? My suggestion is you all come to Miami and we take a cruise where you get dropped off on the island one day and come back from the island a few days later. How are everyone's tropical island portfolios?

Doug Peterson, Head of Technical Services
Capture Integration, Phase One & Canon Dealer | Personal Portfolio

Clawery

I'm just pissed I missed the pigs in the blanket at the Wagon Wheel. Although if I had to lift my shirt it would not be good to post on the forum. LOL

Mariah and Don obviously have more to show off. LOL
The pigs in a blanket were very tasty! Guy... you missed out!
We had a great time and I want to thank Ken and Don for being such
great hosts!

The pictures below... well the one of Don speaks for itself!

Chris Lawery
Sales Manager
[email protected]
Capture Integration, Phase One Dealer of the Year

877-217-9870 | National
404-234-5195 | Cell

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
:ROTFL:Hey be nice he is the standard height like the rest of us squash. You jolly green giants we have to wonder about. Although he can maybe actually smaller than me.:D

kdphotography

:ROTFL:Hey be nice he is the standard height like the rest of us squash. You jolly green giants we have to wonder about. Although he can maybe actually smaller than me.:D

LOL....to give it more perspective, I've got a couple inches in height over Mariah (to the right)...and Don's got about four inches in height over Jack! The similarities between Jack and Guy and me and Don are pretty scary....

Last edited:

smhoer

I just home this evening from Big Sur. Back in warm North Carolina (NOT, we have snow on the ground). I had a blast. Meeting up with everyone was great fun. Ken, sorry I did not meet up with you and Don Sunday. I had the comedy of errors occur after I left you guys. The worst was going back to the hotel to back up my images and discovering my laptop had been stolen from my bag at the airport the day before. Next I made it to Carmel to check in my second hotel and they did not have my reservation. I finally found a vacancy.

Chris, Mariah, Don, Ken and Paul. Great meeting with you and hope to meet up with everyone again soon. I will be in the Tetons June 17-21 if anyone is interested. Mariah, you would like the Tetons. The water is clear so you can find things you drop. And yes Don, it is also cold and deep.