The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Special thanks to Dave Gallagher

dnercesian

This is my first post here on getdpi and I wanted to use it to thank Dave Gallagher at Capture Integration for all his help in my move to Phase One and a technical camera. Aside from doing everything possible to make the move financially feasible for me, Dave graciously paid me a visit at my home with a great deal of equipment to demo and explain. In the end, even though I had done a TON of homework, Dave's generosity with his time and equipment helped me to put myself in a situation where I feel like I am not settling at all and that I am unlikely to make mistakes that will lead me to buy twice. Truly thanks to Dave for EVERYTHING. It would not have happened without him.

Although I have not had nearly the time to spend on internet forums as I once did years back, I have found this community to be a great resource in the past month as I have researched up and down about making this move. Thanks should go out to all of the people who have taken their time to contribute the tests and results and field reports that can be found here in abundance.

A little background. I am an architectural photographer based in Los Angeles with more than a severe love of everything Leica, however, my M's are the first and only cameras I reach for when I am not shooting architecture. That said, I tried the SL and the S 007 and found that while I love both (drool on those S lenses) the lack of movements really left too much compromise on the table when it came to work. In the 35mm world, I was just too accustomed to my Canon TE-E lenses. I have shot a few projects with both the S and the SL, and found them a joy to use and stunning in their results, but the desire to shoot medium format and not compromise my movements was just too strong.

I also tried the 645Z and found it to be one heck of a great camera as well, however for my work, it was wrapped in compromise as well. Finally the inevitable happened, and here I am in Phase One land. Actually, I never would have thought.

Anyhow, just a little introduction and thanks to Dave and to this community.

-Darwin

dnercesian

What a nice first post :thumbup:

What tech cam and lens(es) did you end up with?
Thank you Dan,

I ended up with the following setup to start out with.

IQ150
XF Body and finder
35mm Blue Ring
Cambo WRS 5000
Rodenstock 32mm
& a wake up cable, batteries and all the other odds and ends.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Thank you Dan,

I ended up with the following setup to start out with.

IQ150
XF Body and finder
35mm Blue Ring
Cambo WRS 5000
Rodenstock 32mm
& a wake up cable, batteries and all the other odds and ends.
Congratulations and welcome to the forum. Make sure to post some photos when you're really up and running!