The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad Raw Files available

Dear Forum,

Nick T kindly posted (beat me to it!) on LL that we have now put up some samples RAW files on hasselblad.com and also the ability for you to download a full version of Phocus without owning a Hasselblad product.

The version of Phocus is the full release, no restrictions.

I've cut-pasted Nick's words to save me the trouble of retyping. ;)

Well Hasselblad have provided some sample RAW images for you guys to look at, plus they have changed their terms (at long last) so that you can download the software (Phocus) without having to own a back, you do have to register for the download but again need not be an owner.

There are 4 images available on the site:
#1 An interior (ambient light by the look of it) with the 28mm. Now to me the sharpness looks amazing but perhaps an architectural expert could chime in. The distortion correction also looks very good to me but again I'd love to hear comments from the experts.

#2 A pretty girl shot in studio with the 120 macro, actually quite similar to the shot that Niel Snape posted (that I felt had some processing/ exposure flaws).

#3 Another pretty girl (hurrah!) with maybe some flash fill shot with the zoom.

#4 finally a night time shot of the London eye done with the 35mm.

Downloads are here:

http://hasselblad.com/downloads/images.aspx

about 240 MB worth.

Download Phocus as well:

http://hasselblad.com/service--support/tec...-downloads.aspx

Then point Phocus at the folder of images you downloaded.

Toggle the lens corrections on and off (on all images), you'll see the most difference with the 28mm distortion correction.

If you don't have a log in for Hasselblad go to 'Product Registration' at the top of the page. You do not need to own a product!

The interior shot and the London Eye were captured by a colleague of mine ably assisted by me carrying the bags. So if you have any specific questions on those images Ill do my best to answer.

London Eye was @ 10 seconds and the primary reason was to compare noise levels against 35mm.

Interior was to show the 28mm lens doing what it is best at. The shot is lit with ambient light.

Have a look at the meta data and you can see aperture, shutter, time date, all that stuff!

Best,

David

fotografz

David, the HasseyUSA Server is overloaded or down ... again. Lots of mentions on other forums about the site not being available in the recent past. Hasselblad needs to address this if they are inviting more people to come and visit. Being down doesn't do the Brand any good.

LJL

Well, I was able to download the image files and the Phocus 1.1.3 software without issue. Was actually surprised how Phocus works. Not all that different from Aperture and other things. Not bad. It seems pretty responsive on my older MBP that needs some cleaning and updating.

The image colors and stuff look good. Noise levels seemed too clean, until I realized stuff was shot at ISO 50 and 100, so things should be decent. The details are good in everything I was looking at. (I only went over things quickly this first pass, but nothing jumped either way.) Toggling the Lens Correction on and off shows some rather significant changes for the HCD 28, which has an odd center distortion (fisheye looking). Things straightened up quite nicely, and the vignetting correction is also quite good, though not all that much appeared needed.

It is nice to see real RAW files, and to test things on real software, versus some other things folks have played with and posted. Thank you Hasselblad for making the software and some files available. I like what little I have seen so far. Would really like to see some 50MP files as well as higher ISO stuff just to see where some of the limits may be, but not complaining after seeing what was offered.

LJ