The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Please recommend a Phase One dealer

Mikec

In the next few months, I plan on getting into a Phase One system (XF 100MP with a few LS lenses).

If you could share your experience and recommendation, I'd appreciate it. If it's more appropriate, please send me PMs.

Nick-T

In the next few months, I plan on getting into a Phase One system (XF 100MP with a few LS lenses).

If you could share your experience and recommendation, I'd appreciate it. If it's more appropriate, please send me PMs.
Steve Hendrix at Capture Integration without question.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Another :thumbup: for Capture Integration. My guy is Dave Gallagher but I would also recommend both Chris Snipes and Steve Hendrix too. They all seem to be good people and have looked after me very well for many years. If Optechs Digital were still a dealer then they would have trumped CI as Paul Slotboom was a true gentleman and looked after his customers like no other.

I would also recommend Lance Schad at DT. I've bought a lot less gear from Lance/DT but I've had nothing but excellent service from him and so I feel compelled to recommend at least talking with DT too. They have the tech of all techs at DT in the form of Doug Peterson. Unfortunately DT haven't been able to make pricing work better than CI so the (also excellent) tech guys at CI get my calls/emails. However, Doug is a treasure for DT.

aztwang

+1 for Capture Integration. The best commercial service I've ever had in any & all aspects of dealing with companies period! Steve Hendrix is my main contact for general product info, new stuff, great guy and has and will go the extra mile to help you. I've met Dave Gallagher, the owner once at a seminar and Dave got personally involved in a replacement situation and got me handled no questions asked. Brad Kaye is their Tech guy and I can not say enough about this guy. What a great guy and he's got the cutest dam puppy you have ever seen! Other BTS guys, Cam, Sam, Bryant all great people. Then theres the extended family, Ken Doo, Don Libby, Graham Welland, Jeffeey Salter and others who complete this family, what a great bunch of guys!
I could go on and on, in short CI is like my little extended MF family. You can not go wrong with Capture Integration in your corner!

Don McPhee

dchew

If you are in the Midwest Denny Semmick at Dodd is another great option. All of the dealers listed so far have helped me personally at one point or another.

Dave

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Chris Snipes at CI has been my only guy since I bought a brand-new IQ180 several years ago.
Chris is the best. He is a very nice person, very honest and will go extra miles for you. Dave Gallagher, who owns CI is fantastic too.

Mikec

You guys are awesome. Please keeping your recommendation coming.

I contacted Steve before asking for community input. As you'd expect, I was impressed by the first email response I received. I'm definitely very hopeful about CI. It's likely a matter of now or later. I will be selling lots of gear to pay for the new system (you will see them up for sale on this great forum buy/sell section). If CI can work their magic and offer me an irresistible deal, I'll probably just take a small hit in $$ and gain the convenience.

Due to what I attribute to a miscommunication with DT, I contacted Mark at DT so that future customers might get a better experience. Sadly, my non-ideal experience left a slight bad taste in my mouth with respect to DT. However, I very much appreciate Mark taking the time to review and respond. I chalk it up to miscommunication and style mismatch. I have extremely high standard so I'm sure I'm at fault here as well.

tcdeveau

The only dealer I have experience purchasing from is CI. Steve and the team have been great. It's nice that I live in Atlanta where they have an office, and I can hop down and test gear (which they offer to let me do frequently without any sales pressure) when I need to.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Thank you for supporting the dealers that advertise on our forum :thumbup:

f8orbust

Please recommend a Phase One dealer ?

Well, that's an easy question to answer.

If you're in the US: Capture Integration or Digital Transitions.

If you're in the rest of the world: Capture Integration or Digital Transitions.

And that right there is the problem with the P1 dealer system. These two are so far ahead of everyone else in terms of the quality of service, scale of business, depth of knowledge, relationship with P1 etc. etc. that virtually every place else just pales by comparison. To be honest, some downright suck.

When I see, 'You need to contact your local P1 dealer...' in response to a person's plea for help on the forum, I just roll my eyes. If your local dealer happens to be CI or DT, you're laughing. If not, and you're in the US, then you're probably still ok. But, if you're outside the US, then more likely than not you're SOL (sweeping generalization, I know ... but hey, it's the internet).

Jim

Last edited:

Seascape

Well in Canada I deal with B3K Digital, they are located in Toronto where I live and offer excellent service and loads of experience from their sales staff.

The back I bought was a refurbed unit, and I would highly recommend this method of purchase, their pricing and support is first class.
All traded in backs are sent to the Phase One factory for a complete refurb…..and I'm talking COMPLETE, it is impossible to distinguish a refub from a new unit with only the shot count as evidence that they are NOT new.
As someone who worked in the high tech manufacturing environment (Manned Space Flight), I can tell you Phase One's attention to detail sets the standard for photographic manufacturers, right from the design stage through to customer support.

I am extremely happy with my purchase 5 years ago from B3K…..highly recommended :thumbs:

Last edited:

algrove

As a credit to the dealers that help out here we must give credit to CI and DT. Both have sold gear to me and gladly help me.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

I'm a B3K guy too as I live in Ontario (tho' no longer in Toronto!). Excellent service in all respects. Walter Borchenko and his team really care. Six months after I got my XF I was in to buy a waist level VF and they noted a small scratch on my focussing screen - it was replaced immediately at no cost.

That's service!

gnuyork

I have never purchased from CI, but I know Dave Gallagher (though it's been a while) and have been around him dealing with customers and assisting on a workshop. He even had me try out a tech cam with a phase one back just for fun, even though I was on the job working for his client during that workshop. I've seen him go the extra mile (s) with a pretty difficult client. He's really knowledgable with his product, and is willing to help with any technical questions. He's 1st class all the way.

PeterA

CI were fantastic with me years ago when I was shooting Phase One MF backs. Lance Shad was very good and Doug Peterson is a nice bloke. Down under I have recently found a good person to work with in Melbourne. I am looking to move back into Phase One and I will be contacting CI definately. People in USA are very lucky to have CI.