The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad - CFV50c Version II - possbile?

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Hello Ralf

It looks as if you missed my post #12 . Please have a look .

Have a nice time in "Bella Italia" . I just returned from there and I can tell you , there is a dramatic weather change since .
A pullover or anorak is highly recommended :grin: to keep your camera worm :ROTFL: .

f8orbust

Noticed this in the FAQs section of H6D-100C on the HB website:

CFV-50c: will all H6D features be integrated into future CFV backs?

In the next revision of the CFV back the relevant and compatible features will be added.

So, who knows - maybe there will be another CFV back.

CFV-100 anyone ?

Rolo

I am right :)
Can we continue to dream about one day having a sensor in the vertical/portrait form, or even switchable ?

If the CFV is the biggest selling/earning product for Hasselblad, I don't understand why they have never developed the alternative view.

Can anyone direct me to a review of the CMOS version with regards to the assistance Live View brings to this kit? I bought a CFV-16 off Marc Williams, but my focus hit rate was less than 50%, so I sold it on. The files were fabulous though and I'd love to give the Live View version a go.

Gary.

Can anyone direct me to a review of the CMOS version with regards to the assistance Live View brings to this kit? I bought a CFV-16 off Marc Williams, but my focus hit rate was less than 50%, so I sold it on. The files were fabulous though and I'd love to give the Live View version a go.

Gary.
Hi!
I have used the CVF-50c back since late 2014. The focusing is difficult but you get better. The tripod is your friend, get a good one. Live view is close to useless due to very low quality display. Files though are fantastic and when I hit focus makes my day. Focus bracketing helps.

Eric.

tjv

Surely an updated 50c with same sensor but new interface and screen in a no brainer? Pretty much zero RnD, right?

giulioz

Here in Germany , two of the big dealers for professional equipment , have marked the HASSELBLAD CFV50c as
NO LONGER AVAILABLE .
An other big dealer offers two exclusive sets . AH28LB , which stands for ALPA (STC) + HASSELBLAD CFV50c + 28mm Long Barrel
and AHTS40 ALPA (STC) + HASSELBLAD CFV50c + 40mm TILT SHIFT .
Both sets 1200€ cheaper as if the components are bought seperately .
Is this selling the last available CFV50c units ?
A loss of HASSELBLADs CFV50c digital back will be a severe situation for ALPA , ARCA and CAMBO makers and users .
Actually I am considering these offers. I just can't make up my mind between the 28 and the 40. I would need a wide-angle of approximately 24mm equivalent on 35mm, so the 28 would do that, but then the 28 has limited shift capabalities and likely more issues (crosstalk etc.). It is seems to me that by shfting the 40 I could make up for the 28 and the 40 has the added bonus of coming in tilt mount.

JohnBrew

The CFV is not being discontinued.
Well, there may be a new version on the drawing board, but today I was informed by my Hasselblad representative the CFV-50c is discontinued but stock is still available. He says there has been no official statement by Hasselblad concerning this. But the unit is no longer listed on the Hasselblad home site. USA site still has it. Sorta puts me in a spot as I was going to buy one. I realize the warranty will still be serviced on existing and still to be sold units but where is that going to leave everyone after warranty expiration?
Hasselblad needs to make a statement re-assuring owners that they will be taken care of in the future. Judging by all the chatter on the X1D, they need to make several statements!

Nick-T

The current model is coming to the end of it’s production life cycle but the CFV is NOT being discontinued.

JohnBrew

The current model is coming to the end of it’s production life cycle but the CFV is NOT being discontinued.
A matter of semantics. I said the CFV-50c. Agree the CFV line will continue. Would you like to share the specs of the new CFV?
I certainly hope it has a higher resolution LCD.

Nick-T

[QUOTE Would you like to share the specs of the new CFV?
[/QUOTE]

No I wouldn't and nor would my NDA.

yongfei

Good. The current CFV is no longer being listed on Hasselblad website. But now we know that a new CFV will be coming. Hope it will be a 100c full frame version.

f8orbust

Just saw this on the Linhof & Studio website:

'The CFV50c is at present not available. It will be re launched with new features in 2017.'

So, sounds like there's life in the old dog yet. Wonder if it will stay at 50MP (with upgraded screen etc.) or go the whole hog and be relaunched as a 100MP back.

Would be great if it was the latter, priced at somewhere around the $15k mark.

MomentsForZen

The X1D and the CFV-50c share the same sensor, yet the performance / specifications of the sensor in the X1D are more advanced that in the CFV-50c. A relatively simple upgrade would be to bring the CFV-50c up to this level (i.e., CFV-50c II).

e.g., ... add video, ISO 12800 and 25600, maximum exposure time 60 minutes

Of course, we may wish for more, but the above would still satisfy the available evidence. Also, there is a precedent for this (i.e., CFV and CFV II)

:) ... MomentsForZen (Richard)

rmueller

Just returned from a Hasselblad Event at my local dealer. The HB rep confirmed there will be a new CFV50c coming
sometime next year that has the same 50 MP CMOS sensor but with touch screen and other small enhancements.
According to him, HB stopped production of the CFV50c mainly because they wanted to use all of the 50 MP CMOS
sensors for the new X1D and they are running short of sensors. He did not confirm or deny a CFV100c.

OFF TOPIC: Got the chance to try the H6D-100, OMG that is just insane, aside from the >100MB raw file the level
of detail in those images is just crazy.

Have a good weekend,
Ralf

Last edited:

f8orbust

Since P1 has introduced a 'budget' 100MP back, it would be nice if HB do the same. And, if they pitch it at the CFV line (CFV-100), they're not going to run the risk of hurting sales of the the H6D-100c. With so many V users out there - if priced appropriately - it would be difficult for it not to be a grand-slam-walk-off-home-run.

Perry ... are you reading this ? :thumbup:

Jim

Uaiomex

I got tired of waiting and asking for a decade for a built-in rotating sensor CFV back like Leaf for my V system. I used to throw tantrums every time HB came with another only-horizontal back for the best ever produced WLF camera.

Now, it doesn't matter anymore because....

In the meantime, hi-end FF35 cameras matched and probably surpassed the IQ of the lower crop sensor backs. Now, new cmos crop sensor cameras like the X1D and GFX will destroy the V camera with their new line of lenses ready for 100 mp.

So, what's left for the V system? As I see it, ONLY a new no-crop FF fat pixel cmos sensor would do. That would be the only way to get something good out of the now limited resolution of the once unsurpassed Zeiss CF glass. Now they are so-so performers. As usual, the problem would the high price.

If by some miracle this back shows up for under $10Kusd, I'll be sold in a nanosecond.

Eduardo

Can we continue to dream about one day having a sensor in the vertical/portrait form, or even switchable ?

If the CFV is the biggest selling/earning product for Hasselblad, I don't understand why they have never developed the alternative view.

Gary.

Last edited:
I got tired of waiting and asking for a decade for a built-in rotating sensor CFV back like Leaf for my V system. I used to throw tantrums every time HB came with another only-horizontal back for the best ever produced WLF camera.

Now, it doesn't matter anymore because....

In the meantime, hi-end FF35 cameras matched and probably surpassed the IQ of the lower crop sensor backs. Now, new cmos crop sensor cameras like the X1D and GFX will destroy the V camera with their new line of lenses ready for 100 mp.

So, what's left for the V system? As I see it, ONLY a new no-crop FF fat pixel cmos sensor would do. That would be the only way to get something good out of the now limited resolution of the once unsurpassed Zeiss CF glass. Now they are so-so performers. As usual, the problem would the high price.

If by some miracle this back shows up for under $10Kusd, I'll be sold in a nanosecond.

Eduardo
Plus Fujifilm has just made the best option for V lenses in the GFX with an adapter. You'll lose the leaf shutter, but you gain easy focusing EVF, tilting screen, and 4000th of a second. The second best option for V lenses was always the 645Z with an adapter, and the third best is the actual Hasselblad product. They all use the same sensor, but Hasselblad makes you work the hardest to get an in focus image, and god forbid you want to shoot in portrait.

Uaiomex

The V system beating a smaller sensor camera? Is that all it got?
Enjoy it while it last.

What is left for the V system is a bunch of kick butt photographers using it with and without current digital backs who make images so good that no one really cares about anyone else would have to say.

I get images out of my CFV50c that most certainly exceed those out of my D810 with the best glass, on a regular basis too.