The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad - CFV50c Version II - possbile?

Uaiomex

I don't understand why you say this. Maybe I'm lost in translation. Currently I use and love to create images with 4 different cameras. If I had the money, certainly that number would be a bit higher.
A tool that I thought once that I'd use my entire life was a HB V system. But HB slowly killed it by not producing updated glass. Later they stop producing the bodies. It's surprising and praisable that they produce the CFV backs after the rest of the production line is over.
Things beaten don't produce me any pleasure but the opposite.
But such is life
Take care

We have two different viewpoints of the same tools.

I like to create photographs with tools I will use my entire lifetime and enjoy a great career because of that.

You like to see things beaten and that is all anyone really needs to know?

Uaiomex

I'm glad you're getting great results with the V.
I take into consideration what users of equipment say about their own results to conform a criteria. But I go too by my own experience.

On behalf of your second question, again I think you elaborate your own conclusions in a very particular and personal manner. "Odd" to be sincere.
I'm only saying the V has its days counted, imho. I used to bitch about that. Nowadays it doesn't bother my beauty sleep anymore.

Take it easy sir.
Eduardo

Can you elaborate on this a bit?

Because along with some top name shooters, I am getting fantastic results with my V system in using both film and the CFV50c back.

Many of my clients and those who buy prints are fairly discriminating and they are all floored by the results of the shoots I do with this equipment.

So are you saying that if you are not using what the internet tells you is the "Best" then you no longer gain pleasure from that equipment??

That can't be right....can it?

Uaiomex

Wish to be proven wrong. I still have my V system.
Eduardo

I just don't agree with this, yes, the system has been discontinued but it is still a fairly popular system among those who love to shoot film and that number is certainly up from say, 10 years ago.

Medium format black and white film use in particular is now a fairly popular niche among both professional fine art shooters and enthusiasts, the Hasselblad V system in this vein with it's outstanding CFV50c back is just flat out superb.

There is no numbered days about it sir, that is the reality, time will clearly show you that.

The CFV 50c is back on the Hasselblad home page

http://www.hasselblad.com/digital-backs/cfv-50c

It looks like the back we know. No update.

I hope for a CFV 100c. It would be interesting to test. Will it be even better than the 50c? Wider dynamic range, larger sensor. Must have better LCD display and "useable" live view.

What would the CFV 100c price be? US$ 20000?

/Eric

BANKER1

I hope for a CFV 100c. It would be interesting to test. Will it be even better than the 50c? Wider dynamic range, larger sensor. Must have better LCD display and "useable" live view.

/Eric
My guess would be $15,000.00, which would make it very interesting and worth the price. But, not knowing the price Hasselblad has to pay for the chip, which I know must be significant, it is purely a guess.

Greg

Photon42

/Eric
Interesting. It did not pop up again (yet) in the online store of the local dealer. Maybe it never will again. Not completely sure I get Hasselblad's communication strategy. They have a product which obviously sells well enough, they want to decommission and have a new product, which is not available, but already advertised additionally in a limited black edition. Seeing all this, I cannot imagine they have capacity to bring out anything in addition, like a CVF-100c.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
CFV-100c with a cropped native square format option would be appealing to many. Obviously 6x6 would be ideal but even a 40mp x 40mp square version would I think appeal to many Hassy traditionalists. (Like myself TBH)

I love my CFV-16 but would definitely invest in a CMOS alternative.

Interesting....I cannot imagine they have capacity to bring out anything in addition, like a CVF-100c.
Is not most of the development done for the H6D-100c back? The CVF-50c shares firmware with the H5D-50c back.
Scarcity of 100MP 53,4 x40mm sensors would be a problem though.

/Eric

Photon42

Is not most of the development done for the H6D-100c back? The CVF-50c shares firmware with the H5D-50c back.
Scarcity of 100MP 53,4 x40mm sensors would be a problem though.

/Eric
I hope you don't ask me - I have absolutely no idea. I just presume that creating and selling a product is more than making it technically feasible. My hunch is that this may be the present issue with releasing the X1D into the wild. And my feel is Hasselblad needs full power at the one product they should not allow to fail.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
I hope it is a fake news . The world is full of them .
But if it should turn out to be true , then this is a very very unfriendly decision .
Not only for the customer , but also for the makers of technical cameras .
Will PHASE ONE be happy about this ? ? ?

DB5

I was gutted when Hasselblad dropped the V. If there is no new CFV I will be equally gutted.

I think part of Hasselblad's turmoil began when they dropped the V in favour of the fridge that is the H. It does the job but it lost the magic.

I would love to someday wake up to the announcement of Hasselblad reinstating, redesigning and modernising the V with full backwards compatibility and a range of new Otus grade Zeiss Lenses.

Too bad we've got the X1D instead.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
I was gutted when Hasselblad dropped the V. If there is no new CFV I will be equally gutted.

I think part of Hasselblad's turmoil began when they dropped the V in favour of the fridge that is the H. It does the job but it lost the magic.

I would love to someday wake up to the announcement of Hasselblad reinstating, redesigning and modernising the V with full backwards compatibility and a range of new Otus grade Zeiss Lenses.

Too bad we've got the X1D instead.

I must contradict . "too bad we've got the X1d instead" :banghead::banghead::banghead:
I , and many others are happy about the existence of the X1D .
But that camera can not replace a digital back . I am more thinking of using the back with a technical camera
and not primarily use it with the wonderful V-System which I also have .

DB5

Well I must add, that is only my opinion and know others are happy with theirs. I don't want to detract from or challenge their experience.

I just really don't like where Photography has headed lately. Maybe I'm just getting old :D

dorigatti

>>It does the job but it lost the magic>>

Absolutely the best comment on the recent Hasselblad history that I've read.

Well said!

Carlo

tjv

I have a V mount digital back I use on a technical camera and some day will buy a 501/3 to go with it. BUT, the product I'm really holding out for is the concept camera Hasselblad showed at Photokina last year. A truly modern and genuinly modular camera in the great tradition of the V, all be it without backwards compatibility.

BANKER1

Well I must add, that is only my opinion and know others are happy with theirs. I don't want to detract from or challenge their experience.

I just really don't like where Photography has headed lately. Maybe I'm just getting old :D
I'll bet I'm older than you, and I am more than pleased with my X1D. I started out with a 500 C/M many years ago and used a CFV16 with it. Very nice set, but I traded it in on my H4D60. It makes me sad to see my 500 C/M and wonderful Hasselblad lenses sitting there unused, and a CFV50 would be great to own (I like the CCD chip.). But, my use of such a kit would certainly not make economic sense to me. Besides, there is probably a CFV100c in the works. It may have already been introduced if not for the scrambling Hasselblad had to do to try and re-tool for the unprecedented popularity (and orders) of the X1D.

Greg