The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad - CFV50c Version II - possbile?

JohnBrew

I'm fairly satisfied with the CFV-50c on my tech cam. More resolution for the LV would be appreciated, but I don't know if I would upgrade for it.

Oh, and a battery life icon is much needed!

Nick-T

Everyone.

The version 1 has been discontinued much like say the iPhone 6 which has also been discontinued...

pflower

I agree that a battery icon would be helpful as would a live histogram. But the major problem is the cropped sensor combined with the limited (and heavy) wider angle lenses for the V series. Your mileage may vary but for me the standard 80mm lens on a V camera with the CFV-50c is too tight. So my "normal" lens is the 50mm FLE. I don't have, and can't justify the purchase of, one of the 40mm lenses. So I now have an X1D - the 45 mm is great and I look forward to looking at the 22mm and the 30mm.

Increasing the mpx of the existing back doesn't excite me at all. Increasing the sensor size would however be really interesting. To be able to use an 80mm lens on a V digital back with something similar to the crop on the H3D-39 would be something. But I rather doubt that this is technically possible at the moment with CMOS sensors.

I'm fairly satisfied with the CFV-50c on my tech cam. More resolution for the LV would be appreciated, but I don't know if I would upgrade for it.

Oh, and a battery life icon is much needed!

jotloob

Subscriber Member
HASSELBLAD has removed all info and technical data for the CFV-50c from their WEB-PAGES .
Additional , my dealer , one of the big HASSELBLAD dealers in Germany , has also removed all info about the
CFV-50c from his pages . It was still present last week .
I am very much afraid , we will not see a new CFV-BACK anymore .

DB5

I agree that a battery icon would be helpful as would a live histogram. But the major problem is the cropped sensor combined with the limited (and heavy) wider angle lenses for the V series. Your mileage may vary but for me the standard 80mm lens on a V camera with the CFV-50c is too tight. So my "normal" lens is the 50mm FLE. I don't have, and can't justify the purchase of, one of the 40mm lenses. So I now have an X1D - the 45 mm is great and I look forward to looking at the 22mm and the 30mm.

Increasing the mpx of the existing back doesn't excite me at all. Increasing the sensor size would however be really interesting. To be able to use an 80mm lens on a V digital back with something similar to the crop on the H3D-39 would be something. But I rather doubt that this is technically possible at the moment with CMOS sensors.
A full 645 sized 60MPish CMOS sensor would be awesome. Even more incredible if it would rotate. Or if they gave us a modern solution for a 90 degree prism that fits and is really bright. My dream is they start developing bits, lenses, finders etc for the V again. It seems there are a lot of people asking for this.

tjv

From the Linhof Studio website:

"Hasselblad CFV-50c PLEASE NOTE: The CFV50 c is at present not available. It will be re launched with new features in 2017."

jotloob

Subscriber Member
From the Linhof Studio website:

"Hasselblad CFV-50c PLEASE NOTE: The CFV50 c is at present not available. It will be re launched with new features in 2017."
April fool's trick ? ? ?
If this is not fake news , would it not be nice for HASSELBLAD to have this information on their WEB page ? ? ?
That is the place , where this information belongs to .

ErikKaffehr

Hi,

I would say perfectly feasible, when sensor supply allows for it.

Best regards
Erik

April fool's trick ? ? ?
If this is not fake news , would it not be nice for HASSELBLAD to have this information on their WEB page ? ? ?
That is the place , where this information belongs to .

Huh....discontinued before a replacement is even announced...interesting outcome that has me wondering all kinds of things.

Glad I got one when I did, if it does turn out to be the last in the line for the V system I am not at all dissatisfied with it and will get on fine with it as is.

The sky is the limit on speculation, time will tell I guess.
Let's speculate!

- They needed the sensors for the X1D
- Chinese conspiracy where drones ended up stealing all remaining CFV50cs (crowd pleaser)
- Low demand (I hope not as that means we won't see a version 2)
- They are focusing all their attention on the V prototype with a square sensor
- They are focusing all their attention on a new Lunar prototype

That's all I got :(

neil

The information on the Linhof studio site has been there for a few months.

Probably Hasselblad needs the sensors they have for the X1d and not only that they probably have most of the Hasselblad staff working on producing X1d cameras which does not leave any resources for bringing out a new CFV digital back. They need to get some return on investment and cash into the company.

When things settle down I hope they will bring out a new CFV digital back. It's likely that one is already designed and prototyped but just no resources to bring it to market. The old CFV would have sold resonably well as had good price performance and worked well on tech cameras and V series camera.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Nick

I would wish , that you are right . But in the moment , I am very much in doubt .
Nick , your post is almost there years old . But unforgotten .
Now today we see a new CFV II 50c coming along . How wonderful and what a lovely back . No orders are taken yet , but I am on top of the list for possible orders .
So you were right . :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: Thank you .