The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase One XF with Schneider-Kreuznach 120mm TS issue?

adamduckworth

Hi there

Just tried my Schneider-Kreuznach 120mm TS lens on my XF and it doesn't work.. ie the shutter doesn't fire.

Are there any settings I need to change (as I see the lens is listed as still current, so should work I hope!)

I also have an Ersat 30mm fisheye lens with manual aperture ring that won't work either. I presume the same issue, or maybe this old-school beauty just won't work.

Anyone have any insight?

Thanks muchly,

Adam

adamduckworth

Maybe set the XF to "manual lens"?
Sorry, meant to get back and say thanks Bill.

Yes, I just had to set the XF to "manual lens" and it worked with the TS lens and also the Ersat manual fisheye thing, no problems.

RTFM, of course...

But the most advanced camera in the world needing the user to dig into menus to select "manual lens" when you fit a current-range modern lens seems a bit of a faff....

Perhaps in future when the camera obviously recognises the lens is a manual lens it could automatically select "manual lens" in its own menus without the user having to. Just a thought.