The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad H4D 31 upgrade

rahulborges

Hello Guys
I just brought a hasselblad H4D-31, I wanted to know if I can upgrade the digital back to a 40 later without changing the body, or do I have to change the entire camera again to get a 40 back. Thank you in advance.

Swissblad

Hasselblad cameras and backs are matched - if you want more MP's - you need to get a complete new combo.....

HTH, S;)

PS Have fun with your new rig and show us some images.

jmosier01

Hasselblad cameras and backs are matched - if you want more MP's - you need to get a complete new combo.....

HTH, S;)

PS Have fun with your new rig and show us some images.
I know this is said, however I have several different H bodies that I swap backs on and there is absolutely no loss in IQ. You can absolutely use your current H4 body with a 22, 31, 39, 40, 50, 60, .

If there is any concern about this then you can have the back and body sent in to Hasselblad and have them adjust things.

Cheers,
Jeff