The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Tilt question?

0beone

Don't worry, if you let Ken influence you to go Rodie 32/90, you'll still want something in between like the SK60 if you can still get one. Dante is alive and well here ... :thumbup::ROTFL:

(Btw I still cast a pox on the scumbags who stole my Alpa 32/90 combo!)
Yeh, thanks Graham... Really sad about the theft btw.

jagsiva

Don't worry, if you let Ken influence you to go Rodie 32/90, you'll still want something in between like the SK60 if you can still get one. Dante is alive and well here ... :thumbup::ROTFL:

(Btw I still cast a pox on the scumbags who stole my Alpa 32/90 combo!)
and at that point, you really just need to add the Rodie 23mm to complete the set and have the widest of wides at hand just in case :)

0beone

and at that point, you really just need to add the Rodie 23mm to complete the set and have the widest of wides at hand just in case :)
Well its probably fortunate that I will be building a new house before too long. Would be an absolute shame if it went over budget...

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I had the 23mm Rodie for a few years but traded it when I went to the Alpa FPS and Canon 17TSE & 24TSE combo. As great as the 23mm was, before the new coatings at least, it had flare issues and basically no movements. For not much more really than my Alpagon 23HR I transitioned to a true super wide outfit with movements.

jagsiva

I had the 23mm Rodie for a few years but traded it when I went to the Alpa FPS and Canon 17TSE & 24TSE combo. As great as the 23mm was, before the new coatings at least, it had flare issues and basically no movements. For not much more really than my Alpagon 23HR I transitioned to a true super wide outfit with movements.
Agreed, the 23 is a princess most of the time. What did you end up going with?

aztwang

OK so my disclaimer: I'm a dumb &ss when it comes to this tech cam business but am trying to learn.

As for tilt would it be feasible to tilt a digital back (IQ series)on a body ( XF/DF+) by means of say an adjustable adapter or even a fixed 1 degree adapter being that 1 degree is a very common adjustment?

Don

GrahamWelland

As for tilt would it be feasible to tilt a digital back (IQ series)on a body ( XF/DF+) by means of say an adjustable adapter or even a fixed 1 degree adapter being that 1 degree is a very common adjustment?

Don
Not practical with xf/df due to the mount clips and electrical connecting pins plus lack of access I would think.

Agreed, the 23 is a princess most of the time. What did you end up going with?
Canon 17TSE & 24TSE on Alpa FPS. Unfortunately it means that I use two tech systems with the Actus DB+ & Alpa FPS for superwide with movements.

dchew

Like Graham said the connections would be difficult. But also as soon as you add an adapter in there you are no longer able to focus at infinity. you would have to make an adapter that had zero depth.

Dave

OK so my disclaimer: I'm a dumb &ss when it comes to this tech cam business but am trying to learn.

Don

MILESF

It's probably not possible but something that combines the tilt/shift functions of a technical camera and the tools and viewfinders of the XF would really be something for the Inferno....

GrahamWelland

It's probably not possible but something that combines the tilt/shift functions of a technical camera and the tools and viewfinders of the XF would really be something for the Inferno....
A Schneider / Phase One 35 or 40mm with tilt/shift would cause a disruption of the force in my wallet ... :thumbup: Even a 50mm actually.