The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sinar eMotion75 owners please help

ltnmzh

Hi all

Someone offered me a Sinar eMotion75 digital back. Upon inspection I noticed something strange with the color balance.

The color balance is set to daylight in the menu on the digital back (there is no auto color balance). The pictures I have taken seem to show up with wrong color balance on the back's LCD screen. I copied the raw files (.IA files) from the CF card to my computer and tried to use Iridient Developer and RawTherapee open them.

In Iridient Developer:

In RawTherapee:

All using default values. Notice the greenish color in RawTherapee. Tint value in Iridient Developer seems strangely high. Once I drag it to 0, it turns as green as in RawTherapee. And there are pictures came out with same green color shift in Iridient Developer too. like this

Sinar CaptureFlow doesn't seem to support opening raw files (I'm looking at using the back in the field so tethering isn't an option anyway). Neither Lightroom nor Capture One supports the raw format, so Iridient Developer and RawTherapee are the only options.

Raw files can be downloaded here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zy6lr0qubszqxxb/5EEF372C.IA?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lv22navabrqh34z/5EEF3AE2.IA?dl=0

And I can't get the color balance right for this one
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qc3723puv2g13zg/5EEF4A66.IA?dl=0

Any thoughts? I'm not familiar with backs of this age. Is it normal? I'm worried that, though fixable to certain degree in post processing, the green channel on the back may have problems, and could result in clipping or lose of dynamic range in certain scenarios.

Also does the back support LiveView via the LCD (not tethered)? Can't seem to make it work.

Last edited:

bdp

I used to own one of these backs and it should work with CaptureFlow.

No live view on back, only tethered.

Can't comment on the green cast, but it should look fine in CaptureFlow once white balanced.

Ben

PS Also, I'm sure I used to process these files in Lightroom, but maybe they are not supported anymore. But as they are DNGs, they should be.

Last edited:

ltnmzh

I used to own one of these backs and it should work with CaptureFlow.

No live view on back, only tethered.

Can't comment on the green cast, but it should look fine in CaptureFlow once white balanced.

Ben

PS Also, I'm sure I used to process these files in Lightroom, but maybe they are not supported anymore. But as they are DNGs, they should be.

Thanks Ben. Yes, CaptureFlow saves in DNG format which can be imported in Lightroom. Though I'm hoping to remove CaptureFlow from the workflow.

axiom

Sorry for bringing up an old thread.

How does Captureflow work with the eMotion raw files?

I have a similar background. I have an emotion 75 back, but don't know how to process the IA, BR, WR files coming out of it.
Captureflow doesn't seem to recognise these files.

Do other raw developers like Irident, RawTherapee, Affinity calibrate the raw using BR and WR?

Any hints?

Paratom

Sorry for bringing up an old thread.

How does Captureflow work with the eMotion raw files?

I have a similar background. I have an emotion 75 back, but don't know how to process the IA, BR, WR files coming out of it.
Captureflow doesn't seem to recognise these files.

Do other raw developers like Irident, RawTherapee, Affinity calibrate the raw using BR and WR?

Any hints?
I believe to remember there was a nother software from Sinar which allowed to apply white shadings. I dont remember the name though. I once used a Sinarback on an Artech camera. It could be that it was a Sinar beta version of the software. Have you contacted Sinar? I would ask them.
Great color from this Sensor.