The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Those who went H5D-50c ---> H6D-50c

maxshafiq

Interested in hearing from forum members who made the transition from H5D-50c or with Wifi to H6D-50c.

Particularly want to know if you thought it was worth the upgrade in terms of:

1. New features
2. Ease of use
3. Better IQ ?
4. Better anything else?

Were there any Cons?

Knowing what you know now of the H6 would you have still done the upgrade or kept the H5D?

Thanks
Max

bab

Interested in hearing from forum members who made the transition from H5D-50c or with Wifi to H6D-50c.

Particularly want to know if you thought it was worth the upgrade in terms of:

1. New features
2. Ease of use
3. Better IQ ?
4. Better anything else?

Were there any Cons?

Knowing what you know now of the H6 would you have still done the upgrade or kept the H5D?

Thanks
Max
Maxie

I dont think anyone has the new camera and if they do it would only be a few.

Nick-T

Hi Max
It's great big step up from my trusty H4D40. The whole interface is a huge improvement as is the ISO performance.

Boinger

I like mine so far. The interface is very intuitive and it is easy to use. I do wish they had a third control wheel where i could set iso that would be nice.

here is a shot i took at he perseids. I am not really quite happy with the editing. But I thought I'd share, the iso performance is pretty good.

Any tips for editing are welcome.

tcdeveau

I tried the H6D-50c at the X1D preview event earlier in the month. As an H4D user currently, as Nick said, the interface and screen on the back were the biggest improvements I noticed. I haven't tried an H5D but it's my understanding that the H5D shares a similar screen and interface to the H4D. All my shooting is done in the field so it's a big deal for me, but if you're shooting tethered in the studio, interface and rear LCD screen resolution won't matter as much. I have a lot of trouble judging focus based on my H4D screen in the field and this would be muuuuuuch easier with the screen and interface of the H6D.

bab

The biggest reason for the screen in the field for me would be using it with live view to clearly see the plane of focus adjustment using the HTS 1.5 eliminating the need for a laptop situation.
Being able to see the focus point after capturing the image is nice but it wont speed up the workflow. A little software program to solve the focusing issues with the HTS, Depth of field and integrated focus stepping would go a long way in marketing the camera.(HELLO HASSELBLAD) But having the level back on the camera is a certainly a must have.

As for a lot of H6d-50c's out there well I don't know where they are mine is not here and I only see comments on the WEB from photographers 90% who posted in April (not many for all the camera they state are sold) and a few who posted in May or June. Very little constructive feedback on the New H6 is out there, certainly we know the from the fact sheet and the user manual what the camera is capable of doing but how it works in theory and actual use is a different story. Everyone assumes because the info on the H5D-50c having the same sensor talking about the H6D-50c is redundant I guess I see when mine arrives. But my goal is to acquire the H6D-100 anyway.

Boinger

Checking focus is ridiculously easy.

All you do is double tap the region of the photo you would like to zoom in on and it goes to 100%.

You can also you use pinch and pull to adjust zoom it is very natural and phone like. Also I will actually say the zooming / pinching is remarkably fast.

It is probably one of the fastest cameras I have used in terms of image review and zoom.