The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Tethered Surface Pro Screen Glare - any remedy

narikin

Hi - anyone found an answer for using in bright sunlight?
Do the anti glare sticky covers work?
I hear some people complain it fixes glare, but cuts down the brightness, which is the last thing I want!

I'm on SP4 now - have been on SP3 and SP1, before. Supposedly the SP4 is the brightest of them all, but it's still a problem, even at 100% screen brightness.

Boinger

Hi - anyone found an answer for using in bright sunlight?
Do the anti glare sticky covers work?
I hear some people complain it fixes glare, but cuts down the brightness, which is the last thing I want!

I'm on SP4 now - have been on SP3 and SP1, before. Supposedly the SP4 is the brightest of them all, but it's still a problem, even at 100% screen brightness.
Yes they do work and yes they will make the screen slightly darker. It is basicly a matte finish that diffuses direct light.

Even though it may be brighter it will still be view able vs not.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
If you need better glare protection I'd look at the Think Tank Pixel Sunshade 2.0

ive found that anti glare covers help but don't give me the contrast that I want for accurate tethered viewing in bright sunshine. Better than looking at my reflection for sure but no panacea yet ...