Site Sponsors
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Backpack for XF Kit

Post Thanks / Like

Backpack for XF Kit

I bought a Kata KT DL-3N1-33. The XF with back and Schneider 40-80mm fits the top compartment perfectly and are super easy to access. For the bottom compartment I found the included dividers pretty worthless. So I put two Photobackpacker lens cases in there. I've had these for years.

To keep it light, I don't usually carry all the lenses, though there's room for them. The Photobackpacker cases hold the pack in shape even when they are empty. I keep the stuff including lenses that I don't want to carry in the Phase One Pelican VA case

Unfortunately Photobackpacker has gone out of business.

Attachment 121037Attachment 121038
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Backpack for XF Kit

I found another set of Photobackpacker cases that also fit. If anyone wants to do the same thing, I'm willing to sell these five cases for $125 plus shipping. Paypal OK

Attachment 121039

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

F-stop.

I know they have the problems and it can be frustrating to get them. However, I have used countless backpacks and have found few that good.

Great to carry super flexible with ICUs.

I currently have 3 backpacks and 5 ICUs and use them to carry all my gear no matter we heather XF or Arca system.
    Christopher Hauser
    My iPhone / iPad Apps
    http://www.hauser-photoart.com
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Doug,
    Any dimensions you can share, especially for the 2 larger looking cases. Assume the smaller ones hold most 72mm blue lenses.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by algrove View Post
    Doug,
    Any dimensions you can share, especially for the 2 larger looking cases. Assume the smaller ones hold most 72mm blue lenses.
    The two large ones internal dimensions are 5.25"L x 4.5" W x 4" deep

The three smaller ones are 3" L other dimensions same

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Booq best backpack ever!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by bab View Post
    Booq best backpack ever!
    The don't appear to have a bag large enough to accommodate an XF and lenses ...
    wayne
    My gallery

Post Thanks / Like

My goal was a lightweight pack that would carry the XF, back and Schneider 40-80mm and maybe one other lens like the 28mm for hiking.

I've no desire to carry all the lenses around. Much too heavy

Post Thanks / Like

Mindshift Backlight 26L with XF, 28mm, 40-80. and 75-150... You can always leave part of the area empty or utilize it for other stuff you need on your hike. The pack is very light, back-loads, and allows you to unload it without taking it off. It's pretty cool...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3814b.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	369.0 KB 
ID:	121067

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Fox View Post
    The don't appear to have a bag large enough to accommodate an XF and lenses ...
    Check this out!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	569.5 KB 
ID:	121143
    The zipper compartment on bottom will hold any camera, then lenses and accesory inside it built like a tank and very comfortable.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

You didn't mention the brand or model.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by algrove View Post
    You didn't mention the brand or model.

It appears to be the Booq Boa Flow. Not an exclusively camera backpack.

http://www.booqbags.com/products/boa...aptop-backpack

--Steve.

Post Thanks / Like

F-Stop Anja pack with the appropriately-sized ICUs to protect all sensitive gear. Modular for flexibility with all camera systems and a great ride on your back. Brand New 2015 Mountain Series | f-stop

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by steve_cor View Post
    It appears to be the Booq Boa Flow. Not an exclusively camera backpack.

http://www.booqbags.com/products/boa...aptop-backpack

--Steve.
    Your right not camera specific which is good in this case if you can find a store that has one please try it on I have had many backpacks over the years maybe 30 and this is the most comfortable you ever have one you. As for camera specific it has all the space and functions one needs.
    Kaizen foam fitted in any back pack is the better way to go cut specifically for your equipment much better than camera dividers,easier to see what you want, safer, lighter and much more organized. Take all your gear to a store and try every backpack you'll never find the exact right one, but when you find one close there will be trade offs but for a light to medium weight system the Booq is still a great option and it's built to withstand major abuse.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by BlinkingEye View Post
    F-Stop Anja pack with the appropriately-sized ICUs to protect all sensitive gear. Modular for flexibility with all camera systems and a great ride on your back. Brand New 2015 Mountain Series | f-stop
    Been tempted to try an fStop even with all the issues about delivery and rumors about impending insolvency. Just curious how you figure which ICU's to fit the bag you buy.
    wayne
    My gallery

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Fox View Post
    Been tempted to try an fStop even with all the issues about delivery and rumors about impending insolvency. Just curious how you figure which ICU's to fit the bag you buy.

After you click Store on their website, and then ICU(10) on the left, you can click on different ICU's, and some of them have videos. There are different videos depending on which one you are viewing.

Large Pro ICU - ICU - Product

It seems the Extra large pro ICU is the same size as the entire backpack, so it is all camera and lenses. Choose a smaller ICU so you can bring your camping equipment as well as camera gear. That way it is 2 backpacks in one. ICU for your camera and lenses, and the leftover space for stuff like bathing suit, towel, swimming goggles, hat, keys, sunglasses, sunscreen, food, drinks. Actually in that case you may consider the Tamrac Corona:

Tamrac Corona 26 Sling to Backpack Convertible Camera Bag - TAMRAC

--Steve.

Subscriber & Workshop Member GrahamWelland's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

With FStop just pick a mountain series backpack and Large or XL ICU Pro and you are done as far as XF fit is concerned.

I'd ignore all the FUD as the bags are worth the wait and they deliver quicker than Phase One and Hasselblad in the end.
    Remember: adventure before dementia!

As Oscar Wilde said, "my tastes are simple, I only like the best"
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I was also worried about the "rumors". They are unfounded runours as I got an XL Pro ICU in less than 10 days from ordering.

I have the original Loka (for better peace of mind when boarding aircraft) and initially bought the L Pro ICU which left lots of space at the top of the main area for whatever extras wanted. With the XF and 6 lenses plus 2x, I find the XL Pro ICU fills the backpack, but still leaves some extra room in the top sections of the ICU's divided areas for small extras, like a Sony RX1R2 or Leica Q and extra batteries.
    Last edited by algrove; 17th September 2016 at 07:41.

Post Thanks / Like

+1 on F-Stop.

I've got 3 of their packs, (+1 another for the missues) and a 1/2 dozen ICU's, from the Tilopa up to the new one with TeleCine ICU for carrying around 1dx + 600.

They have been all over the world in last 6 years, In the field, Especially Iceland, High arctic, Antarctic, Falkands, south georgia. Havn't missed a beat. I'll give out before the backpack does.
    I fly with the ICU in a High Sierra roller bag, and then put the ICU in the backpack to shoot. Though I often now carry backpack and ICU in a checked bag, as the TeleCine is too big for carry on.

Will see if I can find a few pics of ICU's packed for various things.

I have one setup for Cambo system, another for 35mm Wildlife for flying, another for 35mm landscapes.
    Will look at how to pack the XF when I get one (soon hopefully !)

Regards

Mark.

Post Thanks / Like

Couple ICU Setups.

Cambo WRS-AE, IQ16, 32HR, 60SK, 120SK, Leica RF, Lee Filter Kit, 2x Filter Holders, 2x Viewfinders, various cables.
    This is my field shooting setup for the Cambo.

Thisis a Medium Pro ICU I think. Leaves room at the top of a Tilopa bag for a bit of hiking gear, and sometimes my tripod head (D4)

Name:	ICU-A.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	327.1 KB 
ID:	121216

Canon 1dx II x 2, 5DSR, 16-35 f4, 24-70 f2.8, 100-400 f4-5.6, 600 f4
    This is my Flying with Canon kit for expeditions. It Generally gets shot out of a different ICU which is just 2 cameras on lenses (600mm and 100-400 normally) side by side, in the Telecine ICU.

This is the XL Pro ICU

Name:	ICU-B.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	307.6 KB 
ID:	121217

Regards

Mark.

Post Thanks / Like

My requirements would be for a single Leica S body ,the 24 ,30-90 and the 180 . Do I need the Mountain Series for the stronger frame or would the light weight series be enough for this kit . I don t need a lot of extra space for other gear and want to stay as mobile as I can .

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

F stop Guru with Large ICU, carries Mamiya 645 df and back, 210, 45 and 80 lenses.
    Batteries and cards, iPad. Also Nisi filter kit. Torch, keys, water hydration sac. Waterproof jacket and trousers. Gitzo tripod mounts either side. very well balanced. I've had mine for 2 years, not a tear rip or broken buckle anywhere.

I've even attached my Inspire drone to the pack and carted that as well. Best rucksack I've bought, and I've had a few.

Subscriber and Workshop Member MGrayson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Deltona View Post
    F stop Guru with Large ICU, carries Mamiya 645 df and back, 210, 45 and 80 lenses.
    Batteries and cards, iPad. Also Nisi filter kit. Torch, keys, water hydration sac. Waterproof jacket and trousers. Gitzo tripod mounts either side. very well balanced. I've had mine for 2 years, not a tear rip or broken buckle anywhere.

I've even attached my Inspire drone to the pack and carted that as well. Best rucksack I've bought, and I've had a few.
    I didn't know the large ICU fit in the Guru. I have both, so I guess I could just try it

I 've been carrying more junk in a lotus. That takes the large ICU with just a bit of room at the top. I can get a Leica S and 4 lenses in there, which is more weight than I want to carry, but the whole ICU can go in a rolling carry-on, which helps.

--Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Phase One f-stop Satori EXP with XF, IQ, 28D, 35LS, 75-150D, 150/2.8D & 300/4.5. Also XL Pro ICU - small middle section has Lee SW-150 ring for 35LS (also on 28D). Limited space above the CU but plenty in the top pocket & back pockets for other stuff. I have to carry the SW-150 filters & holder in an external case.

Name:	IMG_2095.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	986.1 KB 
ID:	122837

2nd bag with Large Pro ICU, Actus DB+ and 3 rodenstock lenses, IQ back normally goes in the empty space. Load of junk up top that normally isn't there - just a battery pack these days. This normally would go into a Loka or Tilopa BC (Satori EXP here is actually oversized for this outfit but a scumbag stole my favorite Loka a while ago).

Name:	IMG_2102.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	924.0 KB 
ID:	122836
    Last edited by GrahamWelland; 28th November 2016 at 18:56.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamWelland View Post
    Phase One f-stop Satori EXP with XF, IQ, 28D, 35LS, 75-150D, 150/2.8D & 300/4.5. Also XL Pro ICU - small middle section has Lee SW-150 ring for 35LS (also on 28D). Limited space above the CU but plenty in the top pocket & back pockets for other stuff. I have to carry the SW-150 filters & holder in an external case.

2nd bag with Pro ICU Actus DB+ and 3 rodenstock lenses, IQ back normally goes in the empty space. Load of junk up top that normally isn't there - just a battery pack these days. This normally would go into a Loka or Tilopa (Satori EXP here is actually oversized for this outfit but a scumbag stole my favorite Loka a while ago).
    Do you wear one in the front and the other on your back? That must be interesting to see.

I recognize the second one from the Maine workshop. FYI, I ordered an f-stop about a month ago, so I hope to get notification that it will ship by Jan 1. I am sure it will be worth the wait. Im tired of putting my backpack down, and then when I put it back on, get covered in dirt or sand or whatever it was sitting in.
    Bryan

“You don’t take a photograph, you make it.” — Ansel Adams

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I've got a Guru, Lotus, and Tilopa BC, with a Loka UL on the way. I would never take a Satori as I wouldn't be able to lift it when it was packed. You XF people are very strong! I'm jealous of a lot about that system, but size and weight - NOT.

--Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Stephens View Post
    Do you wear one in the front and the other on your back? That must be interesting to see.
    Just like travelers do - one on the front, the other heavy one on the back! NOT!! One in the car/home, one on my back

I recognize the second one from the Maine workshop. FYI, I ordered an f-stop about a month ago, so I hope to get notification that it will ship by Jan 1. I am sure it will be worth the wait. Im tired of putting my backpack down, and then when I put it back on, get covered in dirt or sand or whatever it was sitting in.
    Worth the wait. Actually the one you saw was my Loka - a perfect size for a tech camera outfit IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by MGrayson View Post
    I would never take a Satori as I wouldn't be able to lift it when it was packed. You XF people are very strong!
    Well, I did try using a ThinkTank Airport Accelerator with the XF kit as it could hold more gear. It literally felt like a block of metal and was outrageously heavy (with a couple of extra lenses such as the 240LS and 55LS). That folly ended after I ordered a couple of XL Pro ICU's for the F-Stop bag. The bag distributes the weight so much better than the ThinkTank bag did. I literally nearly fell over backwards with that combo on one occasion climbing up an embankment.

I'm tempted by the 40-80LS and 75-150LS lenses. Now THAT combo with the 35LS and 240LS and XF kit is a decent benchpress weight, let alone field outfit.

Post Thanks / Like

I have tried several different backpacks and all have been too cumbersome, either because they don't distribute the weight well, or the straps are not comfortable.

I loved my Tarmac Expedition series for when I was shooting my Nikon for sports as it was small, light and I could carry 2 bodies, my 70-210 and 24-70. I would carry my 300mm in a separate case.

Now, when I switched to MFD with the DF+ and now the XF, and even with my Cambo WRS, the Tamrac went with the Nikon gear, and I went through 3 or 4 different bags, until I settled for my current Tenba which I am now tired of as wearing it for a long period is not at all comfortable. thinking back, I believe I settled on this bag as it is water proof and has weather sealed zippers.

If the F-stop is truly more like a true mountaineering backpack, it will be a welcome change as I used to camp a lot and would wear my pack with 35 lbs of gear, food and water for long hikes over difficult terrain, so I am hoping that the F-stop will be an improvement over the Tenba.

I have to check my email confirmation as I cannot remember if I ordered the Tiilopa or the Sukha. I just hope it arrives before my planned trip to Arizona in early February.
    Bryan

Post Thanks / Like

Bryan,
    F-Stop bags indeed wear like internal frame packs, at least more than any other photo backpack I've tried. And I've tried a lot of photo and mountaineering backpacks: flexible external frame Jansports (yup I'm old), Gregory, Dana (yum), Mountainsmith (yuck), Lowepro (yuck), Tamrac, Osprey (yum), The North Face (eh), Black Diamond (yum), Think Tank, Sierra Designs, Boreas (yuck), Patagonia (yum).
    Just to name a few.

However, I would not recommend trying to use an F-Stop for over-night trips. It is still primarily a photo pack. Stuffing gear the way you would in a traditional backpack doesn't work so well with the F-stops, especially behind the ICU. Unless you are using a small or medium ICU there isn't enough space on top and in the pockets for much other than a light one-night trip.

But their comfort is second to none for photo backpacks. Reminiscent of Dana Designs.

Dave
    How glorious a greeting the sun gives the mountains! - John Muir

davechewphotography.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hi Bryan,

You're a tall guy. I'm not tall, but I have very short legs, and so am long in the waist. The f-stop bags smaller than the Tilopa can't take weight off my shoulders - he Tilopa BC barely. If you're getting a larger one, then it might work for you - or you might not care about how much weight rides on the hip belt. I'm much more comfortable with a long backpack where I can lift the shoulder straps. That said, for any given weight, I've been more comfortable with the f-stop bags than the others I've tried (LowePro, Tenba).

Best,

Matt

Post Thanks / Like

The Loka and the medium ICU shallow came in about a week (from F Stop). The Short ICU is still back ordered .

I found a large ICU and medium ICU on eBay from a UK retailer and they arrived in about 3 weeks .

Terrific product and perfect for an S outfit .

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I ordered a bag and ICU from fStop in mid September. I made the mistake of using PayPal, so f-stop was paid immediately. I still haven't seen the bag. When I placed the order, it said 4-6 weeks was expected delivery. At week 7 I requested an update (non was volunteered, they made no effort to communicate the fact they were going to miss the original target shipping time frame).

They did respond, telling me they were expecting the items sometime at the end of November. It's been 11 weeks now.

I guess my concern is having issues managing inventory for something that is your primary product and not a new product line being overtaken by unexpected demand just doesn't make much sense unless you are strapped for cash and struggling with credit terms from your suppliers.
    wayne
    My gallery

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Wayne,

Too late with this advice, but with f-stop, NEVER order a back-ordered item. If it's in stock, it will ship in a week. If it doesn't say, call or chat with them and check. If it says 4-6 weeks, assume you might see it some day in the distant future when you least expect it. Buy one from eBay or place a WTB.

The time I did not take that advice (a Loka), I eventually gave up, cancelled the order, and got the Tilopa BC which was available. Graham, I did not take yours, although I often wanted to. .

I love the products, but not their inventory and customer communication.

--Matt
    mattgraysonphoto.com

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Wayne,

Too late with this advice, but with f-stop, NEVER order a back-ordered item. If it's in stock, it will ship in a week. If it doesn't say, call or chat with them and check. If it says 4-6 weeks, assume you might see it some day in the distant future when you least expect it. Buy one from eBay or place a WTB.

The time I did not take that advice (a Loka), I eventually gave up, cancelled the order, and got the Tilopa BC which was available. Graham, I did not take yours, although I often wanted to. .

I love the products, but not their inventory and customer communication.

--Matt
    My exact experiences too Matt and great advice. I will second what everyone has said about f-stop backpacks. Their support system for carrying equipment for relatively long distances, is probabaly the most comfortable of photo backpacks I've ever used among dozens and dozens I've tried and owned over the years.

I personally would add rhat if one was simply carrying their equiment a short distance and aetting baxkpack down to work out of, then I would recommend one of the other standard brands auch as Lowepro. I would say theses other standard backpacks are easier to access all equipment whem wide open but they are a far cry for carrying such equipment long distances in comfort.

I need to make a WTB ad for a f-stop Garu in case anyone has one for sale.

Dave (D&A)

Post Thanks / Like

I've got a Guru, Lotus, and Tilopa BC, with a Loka UL on the way. I would never take a Satori as I wouldn't be able to lift it when it was packed. You XF people are very strong! I'm jealous of a lot about that system, but size and weight - NOT.

--Matt
    I have the Loka UL. I would not think of using it for an XF with the Phase lenses. The weight of the camera and lenses would overwhelm the Loka UL, and all of the weight would just be hanging off of your shoulders. I tried putting a Hassy H2 and a few lenses into it and even that was too much weight. I hope it can accommodate a Hassy X1D and a few lenses.
    Last edited by hcubell; 29th November 2016 at 09:52.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The UL versions aren't as flexible or well built IMHO. I had a Loka UL but sold it before I ever used it as it seemed too lightweight and not as solidly built/configurable for comfort. Still a nice bag but too cutdown for my personal liking. I like the robust and super comfortable waist support that really lighten the load overall vs hanging off your shoulders.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by hcubell View Post
    I have the Loka UL. I would not think of using it for an XF with the Phase lenses. The weight of the camera and lenses would overwhelm the Loka UL, and all of the weight would just be hanging off of your shoulders. I tried putting a Hassy H2 and a few lenses into it and even that was too much weight. I hope it can accommodate a Hassy X1D and a few lenses.
    I don't think I could carry an XF system in anything, but I'm not very robust

I carry a Leica S and 2-3 lenses, and the Lotus handles that well. I'm hoping the Loka UL, which is arriving in a few days, will do at least as well, hopefully better. Adding a laptop to any of these bags is difficult as the design hangs the weight as far from your body as possible. I can carry an S, 2 lenses and a 15" laptop, but it isn't fun, and much better to have the camera out in my hands.

The Tilopa BC is great for the long haul, but not around town.

Bags are even more fun to discus than cameras and lenses, and MUCH easier than photography

Best,

Matt

Post Thanks / Like

I've had a Loka UL for ages now, carried 2 Leica S's and 5 lenses in it, the XF and 4 lenses and now a lowly 2 Nikon and 5 lens kit, I really like the bag, use it every day for everything. I also use the f-stop Ando 18 for lots of things, great for air travel, can carry everything plus a laptop without looking big, pack the UL in the hold luggage. All in all, these 2 really work well for me!

Mat

Post Thanks / Like

The UL versions aren't as flexible or well built IMHO. I had a Loka UL but sold it before I ever used it as it seemed too lightweight and not as solidly built/configurable for comfort. Still a nice bag but too cutdown for my personal liking. I like the robust and super comfortable waist support that really lighten the load overall vs hanging off your shoulders.
    Yes, I bought it for a Sony A7RII and lenses. It is fine for that amount of weight. I have a Tilopa for my Hasselblad/Phase system. The suspension is beefier and works well, but the weight of the overall system is unacceptable to me for anything beyond 100 yards from my vehicle. That's where the X1D may come into play for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I have the original Loka with a good sturdy frame. I am told that is now called the Ajna. Where did these names come from?

I now use it for my XF+100 with 35, 55, 80, 110, 150, 2x, and 240 with RRS rail and even add in an RX-1 while using the XL Pro ICU. Sure it fills it up, but that's what I got it for. I hike all over with it as above and some hikes have been STEEP.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Held off replacing my Loka - good to know Ajna is similar. These guys change their bags more often than google chrome browser versions!

Can't fault the comfort of the bags though. I like that the bags have a fixed capacity when it comes to packing so that they still fit in an overhead bin on all planes. (You just have to convince the gate agent that it really isn't as heavy as it can be when full).

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I didn't know the large ICU fit in the Guru. I have both, so I guess I could just try it

I 've been carrying more junk in a lotus. That takes the large ICU with just a bit of room at the top. I can get a Leica S and 4 lenses in there, which is more weight than I want to carry, but the whole ICU can go in a rolling carry-on, which helps.

--Matt
    Yes the large ICU does fit and has about 6 inches of space on top, I usually put my large filter case in there.

Post Thanks / Like

One more try and I hit the jackpot. Gura Gear Bataflae 26L on sale for $199 due to Gura Gear being bought by Tamrac.

XF/IQ180, 40-80mm, 28mm, 110mm, 150mm plus assorted filters etc

Name:	gura.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	564.5 KB 
ID:	122894
    Last edited by DougDolde; 30th November 2016 at 16:08.

Post Thanks / Like

This is my rig as well except swap the 28D for the 40-80 and the 150 for the macro 120AF. By the time I have all my spare batteries and other crap the thing weighs over 35 lbs. Add the tripod, protein and water and I'm lugging close to 50 lbs. Too much for an old man but what are you supposed to do? I love the hike more than most anything.

Biggest problem is with the EXP I have found it too slick in the straps and back. It just won't stay in place. If I'm doing anything other than a straight trail it is a pain in the backside.

Post Thanks / Like

I think I ended up ordering either the Tilopa or the Sukha. I cant find my confirmation email.

I know I ordered both a Large ICU and an XL ICU for my different shooting needs.

Whoops... looks like I already said this. Having teenage kids drains brain cells in a major way.
    Bryan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DougDolde View Post
    One more try and I hit the jackpot. Gura Gear Bataflae 26L on sale for $199 due to Gura Gear being bought by Tamrac.

XF/IQ180, 40-80mm, 28mm, 110mm, 150mm plus assorted filters etc

Name:	gura.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	564.5 KB 
ID:	122894
    Glad you like the Gura Gear branded backs for the XF system. My original design, way back on a napkin in 2006, was for other purposes but the design still stands for other uses (non wildlife lenses).

Just as an FYI, Gura Gear purchased Tamrac, and not the other way around. $.02

Post Thanks / Like

I had a crap time with my Gura Gear Bataflae 26, the radius for the zips is too tight so zipping around the bottom corner caused the zip to wear through and get stuck within a short time. I was promised a replacement that never came, they then just ignored a request for an update so I bought the F-stop. Shame the company didn't put it right when they had the opportunity, not impressed with the lack of use before it wore out or the way it was handled. Hope you have better luck.

Mat

Post Thanks / Like

I've been using Think Tank bags for years and find them to be superb for hiking. Very well designed and able to accommodate loads of gear. I used it for my 4x5's, but now just my RZ. Digitally, I shoot a A7RII with two lenses now and after looking at the amount of gear some pack, grateful too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I have purchased F-stop MOUNTAIN SERIES-SATORI EXP. I have decided to go for the combination of Medium Slope and Small Pro.

Here is the link for f-stop ICU compatibility: https://www.landscapegear.co.za/blog...ht-fstop-gear/

FYI - Bear Images in Palo Alto, California (a Phase One dealer) just got fresh stock from f-stop. If you need immediately, pl give them a call (650) 813-1694.
    Last edited by subrata1965; 11th January 2017 at 16:49.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you find you have better luck packing with the viewfinder, lens or both removed from the body?

Ed