The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Cameras and Studiophotography

gmfotografie

hi together,

yesterday i have tested the cambo actus db and a cambo WRS 1250 with a 23 and a 32mm Rodenstock - impressive slow workflow (love it) and amazing quality for architecture and landscape (50CMOS)

- my question is - does anybody of the pro´s using a technical camera (like the cambo wrs) for product shoots - which lens do you use?
- somebody using an actus?

quality of the 120mm lenses

actually i´m using my 5diii with the 100mm macro lens on a tripod and do manual stacking - thats my workflow

thx!

MrSmith

The most used movement for shooting in the studio is front tilt and some swing, a bit of rear rise/fall for perspective control and sometimes some rear shift for additional background canvas.
I use an Actus/Sony A7rII with 60-120mm lenses.

I would be surprised if a tech cam gave you enough close focus ability for tabletop work.

CSP

i moved to the same setup as mrsmith more than a year ago and like it very much i don´t see any benefit in using a db. it is also not clear what kind of information you hope to get, your questions are very general. and no a technical camera is not a good idea for product shots....

Abstraction

hi together,

yesterday i have tested the cambo actus db and a cambo WRS 1250 with a 23 and a 32mm Rodenstock - impressive slow workflow (love it) and amazing quality for architecture and landscape (50CMOS)

- my question is - does anybody of the pro´s using a technical camera (like the cambo wrs) for product shoots - which lens do you use?
- somebody using an actus?

quality of the 120mm lenses

actually i´m using my 5diii with the 100mm macro lens on a tripod and do manual stacking - thats my workflow

thx!

If you need the tilt function for the product shots, look into the Canon 90mm TSE lens. It's a more cost effective solution

MrSmith

I used to use (and still own) a 90mm Tse with a Sony a7r and it's a great lens and my copy was sharper than any other lens I owned until I bought some digitars, they really are a step up in quality and have a bigger image circle.

TsurTriger

I use technical camera at my studio for several years.
I started with Nikon pb-4 bellows with its dedicated lens Nikon-P 105mm F/4 (it was very hard to find this lens. But is worth it).
I upgrade to Cambo X2-Pro to have more bellows to work with and more T&S.
Then I feel the lack of rear T&S for perspective correction.
I started with comparison between Sinar P3 vs Cambo alternatives. but after the only Sinar P3 that I found, was sold before I make a decision, I started to test what I found.
So, I was testing Actus vs Ultima.
I decided that the best for me is the Ultima (23D/35).
The Ultima has all the movements that I was looking for, it might be expensive system but it worth it for professional shooting if you need its abilities for Front/Back T&S.

I use SK and Rodenstock lenses and I love it. It is very robust system with the best optics that money can buy (if you don't go to special production...).

At my studio we are mainly shooting jewelry and pieces (special made and very expensive jewelry).

I don't use T&S lenses due to the lack of rear T&S for perspective correction.

Last edited: