Site Sponsors
Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: New Sinarback S30|45 announced

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Karlsruhe, Germany
    Posts
    167
    Post Thanks / Like

    New Sinarback S30|45 announced

    Unfortunately only in german language, haven't found another source:
    Sinarback S 30|45 neu vorgestellt | photoscala
    Seems it comes with the 37MP sensor from the Leica S

    Anyway, just FYI.

    Regards,
    Ralf
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  2. #2
    Senior Member ErikKaffehr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Nyköping Sweden
    Posts
    1,135
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New Sinarback S30|45 announced

    Hi,

    Nice to hear.

    The Leica sensor may work especially well with symmetric wide angles. It might be good stuff.

    Best regards
    Erik

    Quote Originally Posted by rmueller View Post
    Unfortunately only in german language, haven't found another source:
    Sinarback S 30|45 neu vorgestellt | photoscala
    Seems it comes with the 37MP sensor from the Leica S

    Anyway, just FYI.

    Regards,
    Ralf

  3. #3
    Senior Member stephengilbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    2,219
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    Re: New Sinarback S30|45 announced

    Google Translate:

    The new Sinarback 30 S | 45

    Zurich, September 16, 2016. The Sinar digital back S 30 | 45 has been specially designed for mobile use and is versatile for photo and film. A high-resolution 3-inch display guarantees in every situation a perfect overview on shots and produces a live image. WLAN comfortable use with an iPad. The CF and SD memory card slots ensure a secure workflow also outside the studio and tethered shooting with USB 3.0 to transfer the data directly into the software Sinar Capture flow. The Sinarback 30 S | 45 provides maximum flexibility, extreme sensor sensitivity up to ISO 12500 and various recording features for photos and videos in the highest quality.

    Integrated Video Option

    The Sinarback 30 S | 45 can do more than just images. The LeicaCMOS sensor with microlenses (37.5 million pixels) and the Leica Maestro II image processor offer the video option in format Full HD up to 4K.

    Sinar S-CS Adapter for Leica S lenses

    The photographer now has the option, in addition Sinaron Digital lenses also use Leica S lenses. This seamless integration allows the new Sinar S-CS adapter. The combination Sinarback S 30 | 45 with the S-CS Adapter and the Leica S lenses octagon results in a compact and easy to use system unit.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    99
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    11

    Re: New Sinarback S30|45 announced

    The new Sinarback S 30|45

    (pressebox) Zürich, 16.09.2016 - The new Sinarback S 30|45 was specially designed for mobile use and is uniquely versatile for shooting photos and film. A high-resolution 3-inch display guarantees a perfect overview of photographs in every situation or produces a live image directly on the display. WLAN offers the option of comfortable operation with an iPad. The CF and SD memory card slots ensure a reliable workflow also outdoors. With tethered shooting, the USB 3.0 connection routes the data directly to the Sinar CaptureFlow software. The Sinarback S 30|45 provides maximum flexibility, extreme sensor sensitivity of up to ISO 12500 and extensive capturing features for photographs and videos in the highest quality.

    Built-in Video Option

    This digital back can do more than just take pictures. A Leica CMOS sensor with micro lenses (37.5 megapixels) and a Leica Maestro II image processor also provide the option of shooting videos in Full HD up to 4K.

    Sinar S-CS Adapter for Leica S-Lenses

    Photographers now have the option of using Leica S-Lenses in addition to the familiar Sinaron digital lenses! The new Sinar S-CS adapter makes this linkage possible, providing a seamless connection. So, the Sinarback S 30|45, the S-CS adapter and the Leica S central shutter lenses make up a compact and very simple-to-use system unit.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    557
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New Sinarback S30|45 announced



    It looks like someone glued a Polaroid back onto a digital back.

    Not sure I get it, but maybe when the 'S-CS adapter' appears it will all make sense.

  6. #6
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New Sinarback S30|45 announced

    Combining these components looks like a first stage mirrorless CMOS Leica S, with great tethered usage and lens adaptability. Only the designer has to be involved with it yet, but.....
    It opens up possibilities:
    1. The front window looks like there is room for a new generation bigger sensor (54x36, 6 ùm, 54 MP f.i.).
    2. Options for an adapter with movements with the Sinar or third party lenses.Or perhaps something like a new generation Artec is coming. The back certainly fits on the existing P3 etc. with some new boards?
    3. Greater adaptation on a tripod in the field and in the studio and improved portability.
    4. Specialist T/S UWA lenses coming for this back, instead for the S?

    Overall a competitor for the Alpa FPS. Interesting.....

    Will see next week what the specs, real future plans and products with it are.

    Andreas

    Name:  IMG_4146.JPG
Views: 859
Size:  70.3 KBName:  IMG_4148.JPG
Views: 849
Size:  131.1 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by AndreasAM; 16th September 2016 at 14:16.
    Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked for this post

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    105
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New Sinarback S30|45 announced

    Thank you for the pictures and your comments. It looks like the back will work with the copal and electronic shutters. It's not clear if the CMV lenses will be working.

    Does anybody know how much does it cost to convert a Sinaron to the Sinar Elecrtonic Shutter?


    n
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreasAM View Post
    Combining these components looks like a first stage mirrorless CMOS Leica S, with great tethered usage and lens adaptability. Only the designer has to be involved with it yet, but.....
    It opens up possibilities:
    1. The front window looks like there is room for a new generation bigger sensor (54x36, 6 ùm, 54 MP f.i.).
    2. Options for an adapter with movements with the Sinar or third party lenses.Or perhaps something like a new generation Artec is coming. The back certainly fits on the existing P3 etc. with some new boards?
    3. Greater adaptation on a tripod in the field and in the studio and improved portability.
    4. Specialist T/S UWA lenses coming for this back, instead for the S?

    Overall a competitor for the Alpa FPS. Interesting.....

    Will see next week what the specs, real future plans and products with it are.

    Andreas

    Name:  IMG_4146.JPG
Views: 859
Size:  70.3 KBName:  IMG_4148.JPG
Views: 849
Size:  131.1 KB

  8. #8
    Senior Member Stefan Steib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Lindenberg im Allgäu
    Posts
    1,287
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    12

    Re: New Sinarback S30|45 announced

    Kudos to Leica - reviving Sinar and giving them a heart transplant !

    I have waited for this for some years to happen, and now finally Sinar has done it, where Blad and Phase were lacking courage.

    This is the first dedicated MF 4K Video back, that also shoots midsize stills.
    It can be used universally on a viewcamera, for new modular concepts and the back is part of the camera. Finally MF has arrived in the 21st. century.
    Kind of what RED was talking about, but only very few people were really shooting a RED as a stills camera.

    Big Like !

    Stefan

    PS.: Hasselblad could have done something similar with the XD1, but they missed that chance.
    because photography is more than technology - and " as we have done this all the time "
    facebook:hcam.de - www.hcam.de - www.hartblei.de

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    121
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New Sinarback S30|45 announced


  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,514
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New Sinarback S30|45 announced

    Guesses on price?

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    2,301
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    52

    Re: New Sinarback S30|45 announced

    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Steib View Post
    Kudos to Leica - reviving Sinar and giving them a heart transplant !

    I have waited for this for some years to happen, and now finally Sinar has done it, where Blad and Phase were lacking courage.

    This is the first dedicated MF 4K Video back, that also shoots midsize stills.
    It can be used universally on a viewcamera, for new modular concepts and the back is part of the camera. Finally MF has arrived in the 21st. century.
    Kind of what RED was talking about, but only very few people were really shooting a RED as a stills camera.

    Big Like !

    Stefan

    PS.: Hasselblad could have done something similar with the XD1, but they missed that chance.
    Let me know when you reach in to your wallet and pay for one of these - and I will personally write you a sympathy card.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Shanghai
    Posts
    157
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New Sinarback S30|45 announced

    Quote Originally Posted by AndreasAM View Post
    Combining these components looks like a first stage mirrorless CMOS Leica S, with great tethered usage and lens adaptability. Only the designer has to be involved with it yet, but.....
    It opens up possibilities:
    1. The front window looks like there is room for a new generation bigger sensor (54x36, 6 ùm, 54 MP f.i.).
    2. Options for an adapter with movements with the Sinar or third party lenses.Or perhaps something like a new generation Artec is coming. The back certainly fits on the existing P3 etc. with some new boards?
    3. Greater adaptation on a tripod in the field and in the studio and improved portability.
    4. Specialist T/S UWA lenses coming for this back, instead for the S?

    Overall a competitor for the Alpa FPS. Interesting.....

    Will see next week what the specs, real future plans and products with it are.

    Andreas


    Name:  IMG_4146.JPG
Views: 859
Size:  70.3 KBName:  IMG_4148.JPG
Views: 849
Size:  131.1 KB
    will not be competitor to the FPS has it has no shutter unit. So, it's another Hasselblad X1D competitor that is neither compact or useable.

    The reason why it's S-CS (Central Shutter) adaptor is because of no shutter, no?

  13. #13
    Senior Member Stefan Steib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Lindenberg im Allgäu
    Posts
    1,287
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    12

    Re: New Sinarback S30|45 announced

    Quote Originally Posted by PeterA View Post
    Let me know when you reach in to your wallet and pay for one of these - and I will personally write you a sympathy card.
    I will take a look on Photokina and if it uses an electronic shutter (which is probably the case when I look at the Leica S adapter), we can also build some nice parts for the front for TS and some more...... :-)
    because photography is more than technology - and " as we have done this all the time "
    facebook:hcam.de - www.hcam.de - www.hartblei.de

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Karlsruhe, Germany
    Posts
    167
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New Sinarback S30|45 announced

    Quote Originally Posted by tjv View Post
    Guesses on price?
    On the german web site it is listed with 13450 EUR PLUS VAT.

    Regards,
    Ralf
    Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked for this post

  15. #15
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New Sinarback S30|45 announced

    More info on the back on Sinar's new website.
    It is still a bit buggy.

    http://sinar.swiss/products/digital-backs/#

  16. #16
    Senior Member Stefan Steib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Lindenberg im Allgäu
    Posts
    1,287
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    12

    Re: New Sinarback S30|45 announced

    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Steib View Post
    I will take a look on Photokina and if it uses an electronic shutter (which is probably the case when I look at the Leica S adapter), we can also build some nice parts for the front for TS and some more...... :-)
    Forget most of what I said before. The Back relies on either a Sinar shutter in the lens or on the central leaf shutter of Leica S lenses equipped with it.
    Which is in Case rendering the whole Idea nearly useless for additional modularity.

    Leaves 4k video for the concept as I thought it to be. So - about the same "nearly finished" concept as Hasselblads XD1............

    because photography is more than technology - and " as we have done this all the time "
    facebook:hcam.de - www.hcam.de - www.hartblei.de

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    105
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New Sinarback S30|45 announced

    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Steib View Post
    Forget most of what I said before. The Back relies on either a Sinar shutter in the lens or on the central leaf shutter of Leica S lenses equipped with it

    Stefan,

    Thank you for the information.

    Maybe they will let the HC and HCD lenses work with a stacked Hasselblad H- Leica adapter.

    If they want to sell this new back to a Sinar-less buyer, they shall offer some adapters, otherwise the market is minuscule.

    I don't use wide lenses, and for me, after my Sinar P3 was stolen, a regular Leica 007, mounted on something like a Balpro or Actus makes more sense. It has its own shutter and I can use my old LF lenses.
    A multishot version of this back would have changed everything for me.



    Yevgeny

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •