The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad V1D concept camera

VICTOR BT

hi all,

Perry Oosting says it is a concept, and they "want to hear what the market thinks"...
I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE camera like that !
within reasonable price range (i suppose more than X1D, but not astronomically so), and technologic refinement (top quality EVF for example), and of course built quality and image quality expected from Hasselblad, I WOULD BUY IT !!!

i love square format, Rolleiflex FX is still my most favourite camera, in my art work, i simply gravitate to it.
Rolleiflex/Hasselblad(V) experience is unique - im not talking about nostalgia or anachronism, rather about pureness/directness of photography, the way one thinks, sees through the camera, beholds and contemplates but also intuitively reacts.
i was seriously considering HY6 with Leaf, or V with digital back.
but with the V1D, there is a potential that classic Rolleiflex/Hasselbad experience will come to 21st century. the Hybrid solutions were good if thats what one really needed and wanted (such kind of instrument and/or digital capture), but there was no sense of Oneness to them (like with H4D for example).
V1D captivated me immediately.

im closely looking to the unfolding of X1D. it looks beautiful, minimalist, refined, and probably very straightforward to work with. in other words, i want it once i hear that the camera functions with composure. but if V1D comes out in foreseeable future, i would prefer it over anything.

im not interested in market analyses about the possibility of such a camera, wether it will be successful or desired. that should be left for Hasselblad R&D and management teams...
just giving my voice - I AM IN ;-)

Godfrey

I also am "in" emotionally on this. Despite how little I use them, my Hasselblad 500CM and SWC are without a doubt the cameras that I like the most. Something about the format, the cameras' form factor, they way their lenses see ... it's just different and exciting to my eye, and inspiring.

A modern, digital version of these classic cameras would be a very significant plus ...

G

rmueller

Maybe someone should collect the IN's then ;-)

I would be in as well, but not at the price point of the H6D-100. The V1D should
be less than 15k USD for a starter kit including lens, otherwise i doubt it'll go
out to the masses as the the 500 series did.

Lets hope for the best, I'd seriously considering a purchase.

Regards,
Ralf