The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Fuji GFX

Paul2660

Looks like 6 lenses total, nice start. X-t2 body design, can't go wrong with that. (hope they understand about needs for a moving LCD)

No x-trans, (great),

Should do very well.

Paul C

LEAKED :: First Image of Fujifilm GFX Medium Format Camera!!! - Fuji Rumors

Official announcement at 11am EST.

To me, looks like a Contax and I am praying they were wise enough to include an F2 normal. Will anyone be canceling their X1D pre-orders?

I will be looking closely at this and depending on timing and lens lineup, yes I could see myself cancelling my X1D pre-order. I trust Fuji to build the electronics component of such a camera in a solid way and if this is a larger version of an XT-2, I'd be all over it. Also Fuji's history of "Kaizen" with their cameras makes me want to do business with them.

vjbelle

I hope its mirrorless..... from the image it looks to be more like a standard Mirror type DSLR. Time will tell.....

Victor

iiiNelson

I hope its mirrorless..... from the image it looks to be more like a standard Mirror type DSLR. Time will tell.....

Victor
Looks like the mirror is exposed and that it will be mirrorless... it says so right on the picture. I believe that the thinking was to go in the spirit of a Fuji X-T XXL.

tcdeveau

Victor
It wil be mirrorless. As you can see from the image, above "GFX" it says "medium-format mirrorless camera"

That's the sensor. Mirrors aren't funky colors... I hope it has the same lens mount as the Hassy, so I can buy the Hassy camera and buy the Fuji zoom lens and then just use my H lenses as well.

I'll be pretty curious about the AF. AFAIK Sony has not put PDAF sensors on their 44x33 50mp CMOS. Leica has apparently figured out how to have quick and good contrast AF (or rather Panasonic did), it will be interesting to see how this lines up. Hopefully it's not as big of a fail as the original XPro1. Of course, I don't expect MFD to be as good as smaller format AF, but it has to be acceptable. OTOH, Phase and Hasselblad have gotten away with murder all these years with single point AF so why not Fuji...

V

Vivek

Probably not, since you can see the sensor with the lens off. I'm sure we will find out very shortly.
Almost all mirrorless cams with a built in focal plane shutter look like that with a naked sensor.

CSP

fuji has a history of building wonderful medium format cameras, the gx 680 was a class of its own and far better than anything mamiya and hasselblad offerd. i think that the new fuji can become a real game changer, in the real world and not in press releases. when hasselblad announced the x1d i was very exited but it very much seems that hasselblad handicapped this camera on propose so it does not become to attractive and they can still keep selling the h6 bodys. fuji is in total other position....

f8orbust

This could change a few things in the MF world...
If you need a DSLR and/or 100MP and/or movements then I can see a DB remaining attractive.

If not, this and the X1D are the future - imagine the tech they could incorporate - e.g. pixel shift, IS etc. These are going to pull an awful lot of folks away from the traditional route into MF (*sound of used prices for CCD backs plummeting*).

Just waiting now for the P1 press release that says anything less than 100MP isn't MF ... :LOL:

CSP

..seems the fuji has a shutter the metabone guys will have a lot of work in the coming month....

V

Vivek

Tilt lcd plus an FP shutter pretty much seals the deal. :)

Awesome! :)