The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photokina Phase One Announcements: IQ1 100mp, Lenses, IQ3 Kit Updates, C1 v9.3

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
For Photokina...

Phase One IQ1 100mp - Same image quality as the IQ3 100mp, minus a few features, at a lower price

IQ3 Kit Update - The 5-year warranty now covers unlimited number of captures and you get a prime lens of your choice with purchase

Schneider 150LS f/2.8 and Schneider 45LS - Both new optics in the same league as the coveted Schneider 35LS Blue Ring. Raw files available at link.

Capture One 9.3 - In-C1 support for Eizo self calibrating monitor calibration, and support for new cameras and lenses. Discounted promo for the next week.

And there is even more to come after Kina.

Questions on any of the above? Post them here or contact us. We have members of our team at Photokina meeting with Phase One executives now, and should be able to get answers quickly.

Last edited:

gerald.d

The IQ1 100 "lower price" link doesn't seem to link to the price (it actually is a bad link, but I managed to work out where the page was).

It's kind of frustrating to have click-bait like that doesn't actually give you the promised information...

Edit.

Ahh. Found another page. Starting at US$33K.

f8orbust

So, P1 are officially pitching themselves as the MF company that gives you less for less. Is it April 1st already ? Wow.

Yet again they continue their strategy of carpet bombing the space, and as a consequence their line-up gets even more muddled :facesmack: I assumed they would look to rationalize it, keep the P1 brand for the latest tech (@50MP and 100MP) and use Leaf to compete with H/B (again @ 50MP and 100MP). But, with this announcement, it looks like Leaf are officially a dead end. Shame.

So, for the same money as the IQ1-100 (~$33k) H/B give you their best DB (no lingering feeling that you've been hamstrung), and a camera as well.

Go figure.

yatlee

Ditto, and most of the feature removed are software related.....

So, P1 are officially pitching themselves as the MF company that gives you less for less. Is it April 1st already ? Wow.

Yet again they continue their strategy of carpet bombing the space, and as a consequence their line-up gets even more muddled :facesmack: I assumed they would look to rationalize it, keep the P1 brand for the latest tech (@50MP and 100MP) and use Leaf to compete with H/B (again @ 50MP and 100MP). But, with this announcement, it looks like Leaf are officially a dead end. Shame.

So, for the same money as the IQ1-100 (~$33k) H/B give you their best DB (no lingering feeling that you've been hamstrung), and a camera as well.

Go figure.

Jamgolf

I would've thought the stripped down version of the IQ3-100 (i.e. sans HDMI, Wifi etc.) would might be released as Credo 100.
In any case, for those interested in an IQ3-100 now have a choice, and can opt for a IQ1-100 if they don't need the HDMI, Wifi etc.
Competition is a good thing. It gives options to buyers and keeps prices in check or brings them lower.

If this was available when I made my purchase, I would've wanted to save the $$.
It's still good news, as far as I am concerned.

archivue

no more IQ260... the friendly back for technical camera !

the new 45 is supposed to be good for architecture... what about tilt and shift ?

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
In any case, for those interested in an IQ3-100 now have a choice, and can opt for a IQ1-100 if they don't need the HDMI, Wifi etc.
I'm obviously biased, but I also think this is hard to view as anything but positive for the consumer.

For eight months there was only one shipping 100mp option. As of recently (AFAIK) Hassy is shipping theirs so there are two. Now there are three. Each with different price points, features, software, lens sets etc. If you consider that the two Phase One options can also be purchased in an H mount then there are five options.

More choices for the consumer I'd view as a positive.

But... haters gonna hate :).

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
I don't think that's got anything to do with it.

For me it's more of, 'Is this really the best they can come up with ?'

Unfortunately, it seems it is.
In the last couple years they've released several new widely-acknowledged-as-fantastic lenses, a body with a very powerful feature set and met with very positive reviews, the first (and for 8 months only) 100mp full-frame CMOS back, several incremental releases of Capture One bringing long-requested power features that further separates it from other raw processing and tethering apps, the world's first unlimited-actuation warranty on a pro camera, and you're knocking them for lack of innovation or?

The IQ1 100mp isn't a revolutionary new camera that pushes the ball forward. I don't think anyone is saying otherwise. But it's a welcome addition to a lineup that diversifies options for potential users.

:angel:

f8orbust

Here's the feature list IQ3 vs IQ1 (from the DT website), I think it pretty much speaks for itself:

IQ3 IQ1 Features
Yes No Capture from Live View
Yes No Exposure Calculator
Yes Yes XF Camera Controls from Home Screen
Yes No XF Camera Controls from Tool view
Yes No XF Camera Controls from Camera Menu
Yes No XF Camera Menu with settings for XF
Yes No Exposure Zone Tool
Yes No Clip Warning Tool
Yes No Auto ISO and ISO control
Yes No Integrated Wi-Fi 802.11n
Yes Yes USB 3
Yes Yes Firewire 800
Yes No High capacity back interface
Yes No Power Share with hot pluggable batteries
Yes No Full system power via XF Power Supply
Yes No Advanced Battery Status Indicators
Yes No USB3 Charging from Hub(1500mA)
Yes No 5 Year Uptime Guarantee (loaner)
Yes No Free lens choice upon purchase
Yes No Pelican Storm Case (w/ handle & wheels)
Yes No Modular F-stop ICU for camera system
Yes No Laptop Compartment, Built-in Tether Shade
Yes No Card Reader and CF card
Yes No Lens Calibration plate
Yes No 2 batteries
Yes No Tech camera sync cable

The one that caught my eye - for $33k you get you a (*drum roll*) ... 1 year warranty :loco:

Noticed you like using the car analogy Doug - tell me, would you buy a new car for $33k that only came with a 1 year warranty ?

Way to go P1.

Last edited:

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
The one that caught my eye - for $33k you get you a (*drum roll*) ... 1 year warranty :loco: Noticed you like using the car analogy Doug - tell me, would you buy a new car for $33k with a 1 year warranty ?
I live in NYC, and haven't purchased or owned a car of any kind for many years! :salute:

We work with such a large variety of clients. Trust me, some will prefer to save the money, and some will prefer a 5-year "unlimited miles"* warranty with loaner, and a bevy of features. I don't begrudge either decision.

*The 5-year IQ3 warranty has been revamped to have no actuation limit.