The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photokina Phase One Announcements: IQ1 100mp, Lenses, IQ3 Kit Updates, C1 v9.3

Another update...

Been fighting a cold since we returned from our last trip so haven't felt like doing much of anything. However, got the new IQ1-100 yesterday and played with it for a little shooting mainly indoors low light. High ISO files are clean and crisp and the color is good. I've updated C1 as well as the XF and everything is working well together. I see this back helping to extend shooting into nightscape getting away from having to use a 7rII likewise I see this allowing me to get better files while I craw into cliff dwellings in low light. If I still shot with a tech cam I would have been all over the IQ3 however I don't and this suits my needs much better. The only person (outside of my wife) I need to please is myself and I'm very pleased with the IQ1-100.

I thought 80-megapixel had resolution - 100- blows that thought out of the water!
Congratulations! Finally you got rid of CCD!

kdphotography

Congratulations! Finally you got rid of CCD!
You act as if the CCD sensor was such a bad thing for Don. Of course, you don't know Don like I do. I too acquired the IQ3 100MP with the CMOS chip. But it wasn't because I felt I needed to get "rid of CCD".

ken

You act as if the CCD sensor was such a bad thing for Don. Of course, you don't know Don like I do. I too acquired the IQ3 100MP with the CMOS chip. But it wasn't because I felt I needed to get "rid of CCD".

ken
Of course, CCD is fantastic! :clap: You guys are just exceptionally wealthy and can do whatever you like with your money :thumbs:

Don Libby

Of course, CCD is fantastic! :clap: You guys are just exceptionally wealthy and can do whatever you like with your money :thumbs:
Exactly the type of response I expected from you. CCD isn't for everyone just as CMOS. In the end you use the tools that work best for you. I love it when people force their thoughts on others; it called bullying - I'd respond more if I didn't think your were such a huge PIA.

MILESF

Here's what's made me feel that the XF/IQ3100 has been a good choice:-

Focus Stacking
Hyperfocal setting
Electronic shutter
SK120Macro
SK35
Ability now write metadata to Tech Camera files.
Ability to select by sequence in C1.

From being a somewhat frustrated DF user who felt the need to explore the Tech camera option Update 3 (and 2 before it) make me feel I've now got the best of both worlds.

Nothing but positive as far as I'm concerned. Couldn't be happier.

Don Libby

Here's what's made me feel that the XF/IQ3100 has been a good choice:-

Focus Stacking
Hyperfocal setting
Electronic shutter
SK120Macro
SK35
Ability now write metadata to Tech Camera files.
Ability to select by sequence in C1.

From being a somewhat frustrated DF user who felt the need to explore the Tech camera option Update 3 (and 2 before it) make me feel I've now got the best of both worlds.

Nothing but positive as far as I'm concerned. Couldn't be happier.
One of my pet peeves during the time I shot with a tech cam was the lack of metadata info so I'm pleased to see this function added.