The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Lets have some fun and speculate......

aztwang

Well Dave latest post (below) from Photokina. Whats your guess on NEW FEATURES?

1: Big things coming for the XF Camera System

With all these announcements, I am most excited about features that I can’t even discuss today. The absolute innovation that XF has brought to our medium format platform is only getting better. The process and features that I worked with today have me incredibly excited about the XF medium format camera’s future. There isn’t any chance that I would invest in any other system when I see what is on the horizon for this Phase One XF. I wish that I could even hint but I………. I need some sleep. Stay tuned for my next Photokina update tomorrow with other great products and my personal insight! "

MrSmith

Have they got a titanium lightweight version in the offing? Only the one I hired weighed a ton! No way would I handhold that with a weighty lens all day.

aztwang

I am hoping for a "True Focus"type of feature and surely welcome any A/F improvements, mind you not complaining but A/F systems can always stand a tweak here and there.

ejpeiker

Maybe not as much speculation as wishes...

In the XF firmware:
- I'd like to see a rewrite of the Focus Stacking module so that you simply focus on the closest point you want in focus and then the farthest point in focus and the camera then sets the stack based on the focal length and aperture.
- Rather than a single focus point memory (what P1 calls Hyperfocal) I'd like to see at least three points that you could prestore.
- Auto Lens trim for the CMOS equipped cameras that compares and adjusts the lens trim in the Honey Bee AF system until it matches the focus in on sensor contrast detect (similar to Nikon D5/D500)

On the hardware side:
- An EVF viewfinder that you could clip on
- Rounding out the zoom range with a 25-50mm

On the S/W side:
- Capture One supporting non Phase One Medium Format cameras

m21apsh

I keep thinking Phase one is coming out with it own focal plane shutter camera body or adapter which you can control shutter and Aperture from IQ3 digital back plus Auto focus.

From Alpa's new product ALPA SILEX. It only support following leaf shutter lenses: Canon, Contax 645, Nikon PC-E, Rollei.

Phase one leaf shutter lenses were not included.

For the FPS shift adapter Alpa produced, there was no shift adapter for Phase one (only M645/phase one lens adapter)

Maybe Phase one coming out with a mirrorless camera body for 100mp. :) :clap::bugeyes:

Paul2660

One problem for the Phase One LS glass, the sheer mass of them. Not sure Alpa would want to hang most of the new LS glass out in front as the strain on the mount would be considerable.

All the other lenses mentioned are considerably less mass if I recall correctly. Never use Contax 645, but all the Nikon and Canon lenses are for sure.

Paul C

m21apsh

Paul,

you are right. I didn't think of phase one lens mess. they are getting bigger and bigger.

i found same issue with upcoming Fuji GFX. Mirrorless medium format camera is a great idea, but after you add all the lenses(they are pretty big from the photos I saw) not much different compare to regular medium format system.

Maybe just a phase one adapter with a Focal Shutter build-in which can take all lenses.
IQ3 back can control shutter directly.

Jeff

DrakeJ

My wish didn't come true as to autofocus upgrades. The Profoto controls are a nice addition, but I kinda thought P1 would do something revolutionary with the autufocus. Here's to waiting for the next FW update...

gmfotografie

lenses of phase are bigger because we will see also more mp in the feature ��
i think phase built the actuall lenses for that feature sensors to be prepared.

the only bottlneck in the next years for higher resolution are lenses not sensors!

just my 2c...