The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

T/S Options for the X1D

Miller

Not at the moment, as far as I know. I was told that Hasselblad is considering tilt shift lenses in XCD mount, but nothing official yet.

Alkibiades

I doubt that there will be ever shift lens made for medium format again, exept the Schneider 120 mm lens that is only interesting for still life but nothing for architecture. The tilt-shift lenses for bigger formats than 35 mm are simply too expensive to made, see schneider 55mm for Rollei ( it was extremly expensive lens). Mamiya and pentax shift were very good for film-time but now new and much better lensdesigns are needed- see Rodenstock Digarons. Such really good tilt-shift lens would be cost about 8000- 10000 euro. I also was hoping that Mamiya or Pentax would redesign their older shift lenses but nothing happened. I would be happy when I would be wrong becouse I also find the X1D and the Fuji absolutly amazing. A HTS 1.5 new version for X1D system seems very realistic...

I doubt that there will be ever shift lens made for medium format again, exept the Schneider 120 mm lens that is only interesting for still life but nothing for architecture. The tilt-shift lenses for bigger formats than 35 mm are simply too expensive to made, see schneider 55mm for Rollei ( it was extremly expensive lens). Mamiya and pentax shift were very good for film-time but now new and much better lensdesigns are needed- see Rodenstock Digarons. Such really good tilt-shift lens would be cost about 8000- 10000 euro. I also was hoping that Mamiya or Pentax would redesign their older shift lenses but nothing happened. I would be happy when I would be wrong becouse I also find the X1D and the Fuji absolutly amazing. A HTS 1.5 new version for X1D system seems very realistic...
To me it seems counter productive to have a focal length modifier on your tilt shift product. Wont that to some degree negate the effect of shifting?

f8orbust

I doubt that there will be ever shift lens made for medium format again ... simply too expensive ...
For DSLRs, maybe, but these are mirrorless cameras, so T/S lenses would be much simpler and thus more economical. I'm optimistic.

In the short term I'm sure companies like Cambo and Arca-Swiss will release adapters so the X1D can work as a digital back on their cameras that have T/S built in (e.g. Actus).

bab

For DSLRs, maybe, but these are mirrorless cameras, so T/S lenses would be much simpler and thus more economical. I'm optimistic.

In the short term I'm sure companies like Cambo and Arca-Swiss will release adapters so the X1D can work as a digital back on their cameras that have T/S built in (e.g. Actus).
Im hoping the ALPA latest offering will allow the tilt ****...maybe someone with a understanding of what Alpa has just released could shed some light. Also maybe Alpa could offer some drawings explaining how the **** get puts together and what the electronics can offer?

dnercesian

I am about to pull the trigger on a Cambo Actus setup. Ever since moving to Phase and the Cambo WRS 5000, I just feel spoiled by the unrestricted movements for my work. So when I am not shooting medium format, I feel like the Actus setup with the Sony A7R2 and the electronic lens board for my Canon TSE lenses would be a pretty great kit.

While I am not really intertested in the X1D at this time, I am interested in the new Fuji medium format camera. I have been wondering what the image circle coverage on the Canon 17mm TSE and 24mm TSE Lii would be like on that particular size medium format sensor, if in fact Cambo even makes a mount for the new fuji.

Anyhow, in my imagination, that would be a pretty good way to get the job done. Mind you that this would really only work with the Fuji because it has a shutter built in. For the X1D you would be using lenses with built in shutters. Also keep in mind that a camera of that size may require the raised mount setup on the Actus like the version on the Actus DB, both front and back.

Alkibiades

Cambo Actus + sony a7rII is a real very small set up and will be still very small with Xd1 and Fuji also, but the problem is that you can only use lenses for this till 32- 35 mm ( digaron-Digitar). the 50 mln chip is perfect for use with Digarons 23-28 mm ( more movements than with big 60-100 mln chip!) and that is only possible with traditional digi back and technical cameras. Digaron W 32 mm is still the lens you would use most but is expensive, Apo digitar 35 m is a great little lens but the movements are limiteted till 10 mm becouse of the strong color cast.

marc aurel

I did some research about Fuji GFX and Cambo / Universalis with Canon lenses on page 5 of this thread: http://www.getdpi.com/forum/medium-format-systems-and-digital-backs/59700-fuji-gfx-5.html
Not as simple as I had hoped.

I am about to pull the trigger on a Cambo Actus setup. Ever since moving to Phase and the Cambo WRS 5000, I just feel spoiled by the unrestricted movements for my work. So when I am not shooting medium format, I feel like the Actus setup with the Sony A7R2 and the electronic lens board for my Canon TSE lenses would be a pretty great kit.

While I am not really intertested in the X1D at this time, I am interested in the new Fuji medium format camera. I have been wondering what the image circle coverage on the Canon 17mm TSE and 24mm TSE Lii would be like on that particular size medium format sensor, if in fact Cambo even makes a mount for the new fuji.

Anyhow, in my imagination, that would be a pretty good way to get the job done. Mind you that this would really only work with the Fuji because it has a shutter built in. For the X1D you would be using lenses with built in shutters. Also keep in mind that a camera of that size may require the raised mount setup on the Actus like the version on the Actus DB, both front and back.

danlindberg

With Alpa HXD adapter you can use Hasselblad V lenses with no restrictions for tilt/shift for the X1D.

With Alpa mounted lenses you need SB34 lenses for shifting (SB17 for straight shooting) where the widest would be Rodie Hr50, but with the restriction of 10 mm shift because of petruding rear element. I have a Schneider 90 (SB34) with full movements in combination with the X1D, so an excellent application for me is flatstitching landscapes with this lens.

rsinclair

The adapter/configuration is available for the X1D to the Arca Universalis (it has rise, fall, shift, tilt).

vieri

Erik,

welcome to the X1D club! :) As far as T/S, a viable option is Canon T/S lenses, 17, 24, 50, 90 and 135mm, which - having an image circle of 67mm - should cover the X1D's sensor leaving you some room for shift (about +/- 5-6mm, since the X1D's image circle is 55mm). Not much, but better than nothing :)

You can use the Techart EOS-to-X1D adapter, rather than the Cambo, to keep your wallet happier and your bag smaller and lighter ;)

Hope this helps, best regards

Vieri

Thanks Vieri.

Finally we are camera buddies!

Erik,

welcome to the X1D club! :) As far as T/S, a viable option is Canon T/S lenses, 17, 24, 50, 90 and 135mm, which - having an image circle of 67mm - should cover the X1D's sensor leaving you some room for shift (about +/- 5-6mm, since the X1D's image circle is 55mm). Not much, but better than nothing :)

You can use the Techart EOS-to-X1D adapter, rather than the Cambo, to keep your wallet happier and your bag smaller and lighter ;)

Hope this helps, best regards

Vieri

danlindberg

Hi X1D fellows ;)

Today is a good day! I recieved my brandspanking new Alpa 12 Plus body and the Schneider APO Digitar 90/4.5 aperture mount. The HXD adapter I had from before.

I did a tough test for the lens only just now. Listen to this.....two-image flatstitch all the way left and right - 20 mm both ways AND simultanous rise of no less than 10 mm! and it is holding up fiiiiine :toocool: not too shabby!