Site Sponsors
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: T/S Options for the X1D

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    232
    Post Thanks / Like

    T/S Options for the X1D

    Apart from using the HTS 1.5 are there any other options for tilt shift photography for an X1D camera?

  2. #2
    Member Miller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    63
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: T/S Options for the X1D

    Not at the moment, as far as I know. I was told that Hasselblad is considering tilt shift lenses in XCD mount, but nothing official yet.
    Frans Rutten
    http://fransrutten.werkaandemuur.nl
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    557
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: T/S Options for the X1D

    Here's hoping.

    If H/B (or Fuji) release T/S lenses for their mirrorless MF platforms, I'm in.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    84
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: T/S Options for the X1D

    I doubt that there will be ever shift lens made for medium format again, exept the Schneider 120 mm lens that is only interesting for still life but nothing for architecture. The tilt-shift lenses for bigger formats than 35 mm are simply too expensive to made, see schneider 55mm for Rollei ( it was extremly expensive lens). Mamiya and pentax shift were very good for film-time but now new and much better lensdesigns are needed- see Rodenstock Digarons. Such really good tilt-shift lens would be cost about 8000- 10000 euro. I also was hoping that Mamiya or Pentax would redesign their older shift lenses but nothing happened. I would be happy when I would be wrong becouse I also find the X1D and the Fuji absolutly amazing. A HTS 1.5 new version for X1D system seems very realistic...
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    232
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: T/S Options for the X1D

    Quote Originally Posted by Alkibiades View Post
    I doubt that there will be ever shift lens made for medium format again, exept the Schneider 120 mm lens that is only interesting for still life but nothing for architecture. The tilt-shift lenses for bigger formats than 35 mm are simply too expensive to made, see schneider 55mm for Rollei ( it was extremly expensive lens). Mamiya and pentax shift were very good for film-time but now new and much better lensdesigns are needed- see Rodenstock Digarons. Such really good tilt-shift lens would be cost about 8000- 10000 euro. I also was hoping that Mamiya or Pentax would redesign their older shift lenses but nothing happened. I would be happy when I would be wrong becouse I also find the X1D and the Fuji absolutly amazing. A HTS 1.5 new version for X1D system seems very realistic...
    To me it seems counter productive to have a focal length modifier on your tilt shift product. Wont that to some degree negate the effect of shifting?
    http://www.elundqvist.photo
    twitter: @erik_lundqvist
    instagram: elundqvist.photo
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    54
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: T/S Options for the X1D

    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Lundqvist View Post
    To me it seems counter productive to have a focal length modifier on your tilt shift product. Wont that to some degree negate the effect of shifting?
    It is to enlarge the image circle. To give you more movement.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    557
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: T/S Options for the X1D

    Quote Originally Posted by Alkibiades View Post
    I doubt that there will be ever shift lens made for medium format again ... simply too expensive ...
    For DSLRs, maybe, but these are mirrorless cameras, so T/S lenses would be much simpler and thus more economical. I'm optimistic.

    In the short term I'm sure companies like Cambo and Arca-Swiss will release adapters so the X1D can work as a digital back on their cameras that have T/S built in (e.g. Actus).
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

  8. #8
    Member bab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    215
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: T/S Options for the X1D

    Quote Originally Posted by f8orbust View Post
    For DSLRs, maybe, but these are mirrorless cameras, so T/S lenses would be much simpler and thus more economical. I'm optimistic.

    In the short term I'm sure companies like Cambo and Arca-Swiss will release adapters so the X1D can work as a digital back on their cameras that have T/S built in (e.g. Actus).
    Im hoping the ALPA latest offering will allow the tilt ****...maybe someone with a understanding of what Alpa has just released could shed some light. Also maybe Alpa could offer some drawings explaining how the **** get puts together and what the electronics can offer?
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    59
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: T/S Options for the X1D

    I am about to pull the trigger on a Cambo Actus setup. Ever since moving to Phase and the Cambo WRS 5000, I just feel spoiled by the unrestricted movements for my work. So when I am not shooting medium format, I feel like the Actus setup with the Sony A7R2 and the electronic lens board for my Canon TSE lenses would be a pretty great kit.

    While I am not really intertested in the X1D at this time, I am interested in the new Fuji medium format camera. I have been wondering what the image circle coverage on the Canon 17mm TSE and 24mm TSE Lii would be like on that particular size medium format sensor, if in fact Cambo even makes a mount for the new fuji.

    Anyhow, in my imagination, that would be a pretty good way to get the job done. Mind you that this would really only work with the Fuji because it has a shutter built in. For the X1D you would be using lenses with built in shutters. Also keep in mind that a camera of that size may require the raised mount setup on the Actus like the version on the Actus DB, both front and back.
    www.dna-image.com
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    84
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: T/S Options for the X1D

    Cambo Actus + sony a7rII is a real very small set up and will be still very small with Xd1 and Fuji also, but the problem is that you can only use lenses for this till 32- 35 mm ( digaron-Digitar). the 50 mln chip is perfect for use with Digarons 23-28 mm ( more movements than with big 60-100 mln chip!) and that is only possible with traditional digi back and technical cameras. Digaron W 32 mm is still the lens you would use most but is expensive, Apo digitar 35 m is a great little lens but the movements are limiteted till 10 mm becouse of the strong color cast.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    34
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: T/S Options for the X1D

    I did some research about Fuji GFX and Cambo / Universalis with Canon lenses on page 5 of this thread: http://www.getdpi.com/forum/medium-f...uji-gfx-5.html
    Not as simple as I had hoped.

    Quote Originally Posted by dnercesian View Post
    I am about to pull the trigger on a Cambo Actus setup. Ever since moving to Phase and the Cambo WRS 5000, I just feel spoiled by the unrestricted movements for my work. So when I am not shooting medium format, I feel like the Actus setup with the Sony A7R2 and the electronic lens board for my Canon TSE lenses would be a pretty great kit.

    While I am not really intertested in the X1D at this time, I am interested in the new Fuji medium format camera. I have been wondering what the image circle coverage on the Canon 17mm TSE and 24mm TSE Lii would be like on that particular size medium format sensor, if in fact Cambo even makes a mount for the new fuji.

    Anyhow, in my imagination, that would be a pretty good way to get the job done. Mind you that this would really only work with the Fuji because it has a shutter built in. For the X1D you would be using lenses with built in shutters. Also keep in mind that a camera of that size may require the raised mount setup on the Actus like the version on the Actus DB, both front and back.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •