The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SK Blue Ring 150mm f/2.8 LS

Chipcarterdc

I just got my 150mm 2.8. Reserving judgment on image quality and useability, but my first impression is that quality is extremely good and size and weight are a problem. I'll have to spend more time with it, but I cannot imagine handholding this thing for more than a couple of shots before image quality starts to decline due to muscle-fatigue-induced camera shake. And I'm a pretty strong guy with fairly steady hands.

I call that, "Welcome to middle-aged eyes." :ROTFL:

I like the new 150 2.8 LS. It's actually more hand-holdable than I thought it would be, though I still prefer to lock down on a tripod. And that blue ring---very fashionable. :D

algrove

Anyone know if the 2x converter works with this 150/2.8 like it does with the 150/3.5 and the 240?

Also is the hood built-in like on the 240?

Christopher

Anyone know if the 2x converter works with this 150/2.8 like it does with the 150/3.5 and the 240?

Also is the hood built-in like on the 240?

The converter works with all three, but I found it crappy for my tests. Honestly shooting with the 150 and up sampling it to 300 looks close or better to using the 2x converter.

The lens good on the 150 is a normal one. Not a slide out.