The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

H6D-50c to 100c

cerett

I would be interested in hearing from people who took advantage of the generous Hasselblad offer to purchase an H6D-50c now and then trade-up to the 100c when available for $7000. I went ahead and did this in early August to at least have something to work with. I have a feeling that those who took this pathway are in the back of the line to receive the 100c. No proof, just a feeling. If true, I would have never selected this option. Can anyone speak to this one way or another?

bab

I would be interested in hearing from people who took advantage of the generous Hasselblad offer to purchase an H6D-50c now and then trade-up to the 100c when available for $7000. I went ahead and did this in early August to at least have something to work with. I have a feeling that those who took this pathway are in the back of the line to receive the 100c. No proof, just a feeling. If true, I would have never selected this option. Can anyone speak to this one way or another?
No sure fire way to know, I ordered a 100 with my trade in of h5d-50 (CC'd) as of today no H6D50c has surfaced. No update from dealer, no email from Hasselblad with any Written agreement confirmation, not even a thank you for your order.

I have an open and unfilled order for the 100 by trading-in a H5D-40 (CCD). My dealer here in Switzerland told me last week that a very few H6D-100 were actually delivered to endusers already...
He also told me that each week they receive one or two items from Sweden...

PedroL

You are NOT in the back of the line. You will get your unit as your order comes up. No reason to worry.
P.

bernardl

When I asked my dealer in Tokyo a few weeks ago about the upgrade program, the answer was that Hasselblad was currently not able to ship H6D-50c.

At the same time I see them in stock at B&H.

Overall my guess is that the 50mp sensors Hasselblad was able to secure from Sony are currently going to X1D bodies.

Cheers,
Bernard