The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad RAW editing in Capture One

PabloR

yes yes yes

im not saying wich is better software, I dont worry about it. If the post is about processing Hasselblad files in C1, I only mean that is not a good idea for the reasons I have already expose. It is just a non-sense idea :banghead:

why does the people love to mix systems? I dont understand.

regards

mristuccia

I highly recommend Ettore's beautiful Hassy diary in its entirety, but for the impatient, here is a screen shot:
View attachment 141519
I have not yet tried this technique, let alone compared its outcome to Phocus [about which I have already expressed my views], but I plan to do just that.
I tried it with a RAW file from my CFV-50c and it worked.

Changing the Make with Exif Editor has been a little bit tricky. Here are my steps:
  • Changed the "Make" value from "Hasselblad" to "CANON". It worked but I got a warning. I needed this step in order to "break" the metadata structure. Changing directly to "FUJIFILM" doesn't work.
  • Changed the Make from "CANON" to "FUJIFILM" (I have a C1-Pro for Fujifilm, so I can edit only Fujifilm files).
  • Import the image into C1.

Here my very first impressions:

• As expected, colors are different, I tried with the IQ250 and with the GFX-50s profiles (same sensor as my CFV-50c) but colors become even worse.
  • I ended up using the "DNG File Neutral" profile with the "Film Extra Shadow" curve, plus +15 in contrast. By doing this I'm close to the "Standard" Phocus profile.
  • The de-noising and sharpening algorithms of C1 definitely do a better job than the Phocus ones: smoother out-of-focus areas and less artefacts on in-focus areas. Overall the image looks cleaner.

Didn't do a comparison with LR.

Honestly I think I will stick with Phocus in any way, but the experiment was interesting and fun. :)

Last edited: