The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Where is the X1D ????

D&A

Nobody. Wake me when it's over.

Joe
Joe knowing you, no one has to wake you up. If anyone is capable of getting one before most anyone else, its you.

In fact, based on your track record of getting things accomplished, why aren't you running for President? :). Forget the chicken in every pot, an XiD in everyones hands will do nicely...LOL.

Dave (D&A)

skimmel

At PhotoPlus Expo today Hasselblad rep was saying end of November for customer shipments. I have one on pre-order. It looks and handles great in person, although it definitely needs more work - the first unit I handled kept shutting down and giving me a lens error message, and the second one worked but was very warm and seemed a bit slow in operation. The rep said there have been frequent firmware updates, so hopefully they will straighten things out before it ships. I'd rather wait for one that works in all respects than get one that is frustratingly incomplete.
I was told the same thing. Also, continuous AF is not yet active. The rep told me that they are still finalizing that.

etto72

AF points

Anyone at PPE that tries the camera
Can one select other AF points then the center one?
I was told that they are working on that
Thanks

peterm1

Re: AF points

Anyone at PPE that tries the camera
Can one select other AF points then the center one?
I was told that they are working on that
Thanks
I did not see any way to change the AF point from the center at PPE. There is also no way to select the 1:1 or 16:9 ratios either - that also seems to be coming in firmware updates. There also seemed to be a pretty long blackout period after taking a photo - hopefully that will become snappier too. I also tried the 30mm, which will probably be my favorite lens for the system.

peterm1

Re: AF points

I did not see any way to change the AF point from the center at PPE. There is also no way to select the 1:1 or 16:9 ratios either - that also seems to be coming in firmware updates. There also seemed to be a pretty long blackout period after taking a photo - hopefully that will become snappier too. I also tried the 30mm, which will probably be my favorite lens for the system.
By the way, they said the 30mm lens should be shipping around a month after the 45mm and 90mm.

tashley

Subscriber Member
Well I ordered my x1d the day it was announced and as soon as it was available for order on bhphoto.

I still have yet to hear anything about mine.
Firmware is approaching final shipping levels and shipping to customers should start in two to three weeks... should...

rmueller

My dealer told me he's receiving demo units now and the first production shipments will start end Nov/beginning Dec.

He referred to a statement from HB given to partners, see (unfortunatley in german language only)
http://us9.campaign-archive1.com/?u=e56e0213806c5aee040ebeb22&id=fac76c45ea&e=c7309277c3

What this says is that HB is finishing optimization of the production by end of November and then will start shipping to end customers. Production and shipment of H6D's is not affected by this.

Regards,
Ralf

D&A

Firmware is approaching final shipping levels and shipping to customers should start in two to three weeks... should...
I wonder if the firmware version will be any different than the demo unit I recently tested (and posted in the other Getdpi thread).

Dave (D&A)

hcubell

I wonder if the firmware version will be any different than the demo unit I recently tested (and posted in the other Getdpi thread).

Dave (D&A)
I would hope so! My expectation is that we will see a string of firmware upgrades over time even after the X1D ships, adding new features and "optimizing" performance(e.g., start up time, AF performance, battery life). As for improving the performance of the EVF, my guess is that some improvements are possible.

bab

I would hope so! My expectation is that we will see a string of firmware upgrades over time even after the X1D ships, adding new features and "optimizing" performance(e.g., start up time, AF performance, battery life). As for improving the performance of the EVF, my guess is that some improvements are possible.
One would think after many promises of hopeful shipping dates missed that the latest rumor of December is correct! Eventually one date of record will be. I was inquiring about my H6 order last Friday and was told sooner then later...very closed lips as to the issues with Hasselblad and them shipping product. The was this comment though when I said Hasselblad must be difficult to deal with lately he said you have no idea, that's putting it mildly. From the look on his face I sure he meant he was promised delivery many times and told customers more than twice of expected delivery (me included) and he has now learned his lesson.

I still don't understand why Hasselblad won't pubilsize the issue(s) or merely make a statement saying that unfortunately we haven't reached our goals just yet but soon it will be worth the wait.

Even the few units that have been delivered to lucky people (maybe not) have no reviews?