The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Where is the X1D ????

Doesn't anyone find it unusal to see three X1D's in the trunk of that car?

In N.Y.C., we'd often see people selling Rolex watches like that...LOL!

Oh and whats this about finding it in a yard sale? How come I don't find things like this under such circumstances? Maybe I'm hanging out in the wrong neighborhoods. :)

Dave (D&A)
It's the camera box and the two lenses genius. LOL :eek::):(:confused:

I'm surprised you did not pick on the fact that Hasselblad started shipping the X1D on the 12th of December and it took them 11 days to reach their first customer in the same city they were originally shipped from.

She's Ulrika G., a customer of Goecker evidently. The two boxes in her car are the XCD lenses. I recognize those boxes. I had two that I returned to B&H on Wednesday. I agree with not getting too excited. Until Derek gets his (he ordered on June 22), we should just chill.

I'd rather not speculate on the yard sale reference as it may be an artifact of translation from Swedish to English.

Joe
I'm Swedish and this actually reads rather odd in Swedish as well. The post in Swedish says trunk-yard-sale (literally) and I think they are making a jest of her having them in her trunk not that they are in an actual yard sale.

D&A

Erik Wrote >>>"It's the camera box and the two lenses genius. LOL"<<<

I never said I was the brightest "photo bulb" in camera bag..LOL :)

Dave (D&A)

D&A

I'm Swedish and this actually reads rather odd in Swedish as well. The post in Swedish says trunk-yard-sale (literally) and I think they are making a jest of her having them in her trunk not that they are in an actual yard sale.
I still think it would have been fun if the headlines read..." Woman finds X1D in yard sale"...LOL.

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

algrove

I still think it would have been fun if the headlines read..." Woman finds X1D in yard sale"...LOL.

Dave (D&A)
Of "Woman finds new Hasselblad X1D in truck of old car"

BTW, why are those lens boxes so large? I handled the lenses and they seemed smallish compared to say Phase One SK glass.

D&A

Of "Woman finds new Hasselblad X1D in truck of old car"

BTW, why are those lens boxes so large? I handled the lenses and they seemed smallish compared to say Phase One SK glass.
The lenses are indeed small but aren't large boxes more impressive? :)

Now that we've all seen that picture of the X1D in the trunk of the car, shouldn't the title of this thread be changed to " X1D has been Found"!!! LOL.

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

dchew

I think they are stealing a page from Leica's packaging. The 50 apo Summicron asph is ridiculous:
:loco:

Dave

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
"You know you payed too much for speaker cable when the box it comes in can be mistaken for a humidor."
--Grayson's first law of Audiophile Syndrome

Godfrey

LOL!

Leica and Hasselblad package their lenses in huge boxes with massive amounts of padding to protect them from shock in transport, and package their bodies with relatively minimal padding. Perhaps they feel that their bodies can take lots of abuse with little cause for alarm, but they feel the lenses need good protection to get to the customer without damage...?

Other manufacturers seem to do the reverse...! :D

G

KeithL

It's all about perceived value. The smaller and more expensive the product the bigger the box.

D&A

What ever happened to the proverb:
" Good things come in small packages"? :)

I guess in the case of the X1D, we could also apply the proverb:
"Good things come to those who wait"

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

D&A

Appears they will find their way after sobering up around February 2017.
Are you sure? I thought Santa was a member of "AA"? ...thats "Anti-Aliasing" Anomymous of Course! :).

Maybe he also fell off the sleigh.....um I mean wagon because he was distraught he didn't deliver the X1D when expected...LOL.

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

ddanois

LOL...Just received a shipping notice from B&H for the XCD 30mm f/3.5 Lens that I pre-ordered!

Is this a new business model for camera
manufacturers? Ship all of the lenses before the body is available...:loco:

What a world!

algrove

LOL...Just received a shipping notice from B&H for the XCD 30mm f/3.5 Lens that I pre-ordered!

Is this a new business model for camera
manufacturers? Ship all of the lenses before the body is available...:loco:

What a world!
That must be one of the two lenses that Joe just sent them back.

tashley

Subscriber Member
Yeah, I think it's becoming clear that the 'we've started shipping to customers' thing from earlier in December must have been some kind of an attempt at homeopathic medicine...

tashley

Subscriber Member
I got what I stupidly thought was 'the call' from my dealer today, but it turned out that he was letting me know that they have a demo model in store for people to fiddle with. No sign of the real thing, early next year seems the best estimate as we all suspected.... still, for thirty seconds during the preamble of the call I was rather excited.

ddanois

I got what I stupidly thought was 'the call' from my dealer today, but it turned out that he was letting me know that they have a demo model in store for people to fiddle with. No sign of the real thing, early next year seems the best estimate as we all suspected.... still, for thirty seconds during the preamble of the call I was rather excited.
I felt the same when I read the B&H email subject line that said, "You Order has Shipped" but mine only lasted 10 seconds... :eek:

ejpeiker

Early next year ends at the end of June right? :D
What's ironic is that the 30mm was supposed to be a follow on lens that shipped later than the camera and the two launch lenses...