The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Where is the X1D ????

sc_john

I believe there are dealers with demo units al over US. Maybe they just do not want to get involved with forums.
I don't have a dog in this fight, because I have no plans to purchase the X1D. However, IMHO the rollout of the X1D could well be a case study for a business school on how NOT to roll out a new product. But, a 'Blad dealer chooses to point at customers who are justifiably p*ssed-off, because they have not received direct, honest and open communications as a reason for inadequate communications from Hasselblad. So much for respect and appreciation of customers. As Charlie Brown would say "Good grief!"

Last edited:

D&A

Joe you beat me to the punch. I was waiting to get a break at work to post here although you expressed it better than I ever could. I too wanted to convey my admiration to Peter Lorber for his willingness to express his thoughts as a Hasselblad dealer about the X1D along with his enthusiasm and to try and keep things in perspective when emotions are running high. Not every dealer is willing to take the time to post on forums nor stick out their neck when caught in the middle.

I would express the same thoughts for any dealer posting in similar situations as well as good will ambassadors and those caught between a rock and a hard place with NDA agreements in place.

We all have different opinions and skin in the game (or maybe not) but as long as we remember there are two sides to most situations and respect that, we'll be the better for it. Just my two cents, or pence as our friends across the pond like to say.

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
At the risk of losing my membership in this exclusive club, I do "have a dog in this fight". I have a pre-order (since June 23) and am as frustrated as the others who also have pre-orders. I'll come to Peter Lorber's ("PedroL") defense because he's one of the good guys. He's been a participant in this thread, has passed on information when he can, and has generously shared X1D RAW files with me. He's in the middle, like the other Hasselblad dealers, and can only pass on what he has heard from his Hass rep. He's frustrated, too. I won't comment on how Hasselblad as a corporation has handled the rollout of the X1D because I've already been clear on my position earlier in this thread. Peter Lorber, unlike other Hasselblad dealers who have remained silent or who only communicate to the chosen few, has been on our side all the way. Don't shoot the messenger.

BTW, Nick Tressider ("Nick-T") is also one of the good guys, but is bound by a non-disclosure agreement and can only inform us when he has permission from Hasselblad. He's frustrated, too. And he's waiting on a camera for his business use. IMHO, we've treated him poorly.

My lenses go back to B&H tomorrow on an RMA. Merry Christmas!

Joe

Sorry to hear that Joe. Enjoy the Holiday

Just remember this rollout and all that goes with comes from the top, not coming from the dealers, ambassadors and all the support team. As always you get paid the big bucks when it hits the fan it's on your head. This has got embarrassing and I hope it's a lesson learned. I wish you all a really Happy Holiday. I'll be mostly out of pocket till mid January. Be well everyone

hcubell

Sorry to hear that Joe. Enjoy the Holiday

Just remember this rollout and all that goes with comes from the top, not coming from the dealers, ambassadors and all the support team. As always you get paid the big bucks when it hits the fan it's on your head. This has got embarrassing and I hope it's a lesson learned. I wish you all a really Happy Holiday. I'll be mostly out of pocket till mid January. Be well everyone
Thanks, Guy. Enjoy the Holidays. And thanks for trying to keep this place constructive.

algrove

I saw one for sale in the shop window of a camera shop in the centre of Cologne last Thursday, along with a lens.

Katalog
A flight to Germany from the US might just pay for itself if one were to get the VAT back. Food for thought if it is truly for sale and not a demo unit. Then again just email or call and get it done and still get the VAT back to the US.

JeRuFo

If it is a customer camera I'm sure they can find a buyer within the Schengen area easily. But I highly doubt that that actual unit is for sale.

marko

If it is a customer camera I'm sure they can find a buyer within the Schengen area easily. But I highly doubt that that actual unit is for sale.
Hey everyone, indeed, the camera is not for sale, it is a demo unit. I asked those people a week ago, after I had ordered in their online shop and wanted to make sure, the camera was instock before I sent the money. They already have a list of pre-orders, but are not allowed to sell their demo model (and do not know a shipping date).
HTH, Marko

Didn't Guy say he was going on a trip for a little while??? Wonder if he's going to Germany with his ski mask and glass cutter... Looking forward to his review!
:ROTFL:

tcdeveau

FYI someone on Instagram with the handle "goecker" just posted a picture of someone receiving an X1D with 45mm and 90mm lenses, saying it's the worlds first X1D delivery. I hope the cameras are in fact delivering to end users and that all of you who pre-ordered get your cameras soon!

D&A

Doesn't anyone find it unusal to see three X1D's in the trunk of that car?

In N.Y.C., we'd often see people selling Rolex watches like that...LOL!

Dave (D&A)

D&A

Doesn't anyone find it unusal to see three X1D's in the trunk of that car?

In N.Y.C., we'd often see people selling Rolex watches like that...LOL!

Oh and whats this about finding it in a yard sale? How come I don't find things like this under such circumstances? Maybe I'm hanging out in the wrong neighborhoods. :)

Dave (D&A)

D&A

She's Ulrika G., a customer of Goecker evidently. The two boxes in her car are the XCD lenses. I recognize those boxes. I had two that I returned to B&H on Wednesday. I agree with not getting too excited. Until Derek gets his (he ordered on June 22), we should just chill.

I'd rather not speculate on the yard sale reference as it may be an artifact of translation fro Swedish to English.

Joe
On my cell phone I couldn't tell if those were X1D or lens boxes in the trunk.

All my other comments such as finding them in a yard sale (per rudementry tanslation of the Instagram posting), were all said in jest and lightheartedly. Thats why the "LOL"" and "smiley faces".

...yet "Woman finds X1D in a yard sale", makes for a good story :).

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

ddanois

She's Ulrika G., a customer of Goecker evidently. The two boxes in her car are the XCD lenses. I recognize those boxes. I had two that I returned to B&H on Wednesday. I agree with not getting too excited. Until Derek gets his (he ordered on June 22), we should just chill.

I'd rather not speculate on the yard sale reference as it may be an artifact of translation fro Swedish to English.

Joe
This group will be the first to know when it arrives from B&H!

Best,
Derek