The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Where is the X1D ????

etto72

Guys I started this topic.....last year
Ordered the X1D 4116 back in September!!!!
Still asking myself.....

Wher
e is the X1D???????

I placed an order for the GFX....
At this point I may just wait and see what come first...
My choice It should not be based on that... but the all thing is so ridiculous and I am tired to be without a camera (remember I sold most of my equipments to buy the X1D) ::banghead::banghead::banghead:
Best
Ettore

rmatthews

If anyone waiting is in the U.K., ffordes will get a couple of bodies and lenses in this week that may be available if you're quick..

hcubell

A dealer in the US has left me a message that he has just received in stock an X1D and the 45mm and 90mm lenses. Anyone want them?

vjbelle

All I can say is WOW..... some people have sure waited a long time. If the GFX actually arrives at B&H tomorrow it will be like salt in the wound. Glad I'm not waiting for either but sure feel for those who are.....

Victor

Sorry guys, I know it's frustrating. I would email the info@hasselblad one as well, they are good about responding and can send it to the right people. Ove's email was posted on the forum before as well. Hopefully they can help you out.

jduncan

Just a short update: having heard today from my dealer that not only is my delivery not going to make the 'end of month' delivery slot promised but that they cannot at this time give any date, I decided to write an email to Hasselblad's CEO and explain in clear terms how I am currently disposed towards the brand.

So I went to their website in order to get the right name and email address.

Guess what? Their 'Corporate' section still lists Perry Oosting as CEO.

ASTONISHING. Having established that they don't know their a** from their elbow it now turns out that they don't know who their own CEO is. You couldn't make this stuff up. I can only assume that they are paying peanuts.
Or worse, they are guided by a bunch of old men that do not understand the modern world, and the importance of communications, or the internet.

I am not surprised a little bit. It has happened to me before with them, contradictory information and the like. They believe that this is the time for boutique manufacturers for people *in the know*.

A guy with a text editor, or with bash, or access to the database can make the change in all the pages in no time.

If the new CEO wants to change Hasselblad he has a herculean tax at hand, but one that can be done. Changing the management culture, won't be easy but he is starting.
If it was a simple mistake in a sea of rights, I will be defending them. But it's not the case: they still struggling with 21-century communications and communications styles.

Best regards,

pflower

I don't know why so few have found their way out into the world. I ordered directly with Hasselblad UK in June. My camera was ready for delivery on Feb 13th. Unfortunately I was leaving for Cambodia that day and despite heroic efforts on behalf of Hasselblad UK to get it to me before I left for the airport it didn't happen. Sad since 2 weeks in Phnom Penh and Angkor Wat would have been an ideal environment to try it out.

However I have just received an email saying that my camera and 2 extra batteries has been shipped for delivery tomorrow morning. So we'll see. Perhaps the drought is over.

etto72

:angry::angry::angry:
Just called Adorama about my 4116 order
I am on top of their list but apparently their distributor now says not before end of March!!!!!!!!!
I am so tired of this situation which seem to be endless !!!
:banghead::banghead::banghead

I want to place order on multiple store here in the USA, any advice ?

Meanwhile I placed one at BH photo which obvious gets way more bodies and lenses the most other stores (I see often the two X lenses on stock ! A thing that Adorama never had)

Thanks for your advice !!!!

hcubell

I am on top of their list but apparently their distributor now says not before end of March!!!!!!!!!

Meanwhile I placed one at BH photo which obvious gets way more bodies and lenses the most other stores (I see often the two X lenses on stock ! A thing that Adorama never had)

There is a Hasselblad Dealer Locator on their web page. Try calling around. I know there are regular X1Ds available here and there in small numbers.

hcubell

My experience has not been good over the years with Adorama. B&H is much better.

pflower

Hearing that you've been promised 2 extra batteries gives me hope that the two spares I've ordered will be shipped soon.

Congrats and good luck. :thumbup:

BTW, I'd love to see photos from your trip even if they aren't from an X1D. :watch:

Joe
Batteries and camera arrived. Still working my way through it - I was pretty familiar with the H5 from various shoots but strangely I find myself having to read the manual quite carefully. Normally I don't really bother since my needs are for the most part minimal - A mode plus a way to dial in exposure compensation and that's it. However this is a bit different. I will spend the weekend putting it through its paces. Even though the CFV- 50 and my H3D-39 don't have a live histogram for some reason the lack of one in the X1D is annoying - probably because as yet I haven't understood the behaviour of the metering systems and so can't anticipate what might be under or over exposed. Even some zebras would be useful. Having grown up on film and the zone system, shooting, reviewing exposure and then adjusting and re-shooting feels like cheating. Real Photographers do it in one!

I am working my way through a huge number of Cambodia files. Normally I shoot pretty sparingly when on home territory, but when confronted with something as extraordinary and (in the case of Angkor - sublime) as Sien Reap and Phnom Penh I seem to go into overdrive mode and shoot everything and then see what sense I can make of it afterwards. I will try and get some of the CFV-50c files up on the Medium Format thread over the next few days. Without the X1D I also used my A7ii. Those files look really good on my iMac - I think the uncompressed RAW option (which I hadn't used seriously before) has made a significant difference given the wide DR of Cambodian lighting. I'll put some of those up too.

Keep your observations about the X1D coming please.

tbullock

Roberts Camera in Indianapolis has a complete setup--X1D, 45, 90, and spare battery, available. They have been really helpful throughout the X1D launch (and extended pre-launch), and I've had good experience with them in the past.

ddanois

I'm going to be posting an ad to sell my X1D (body and the 3 lenses) kit this weekend if anyone is interested. Love the X1D but I've decided to move to the H6D-100 for my projects.

Great times for gear/photography lovers!

Derek

Eli

Any luck locating spare batteries? Suggestions?
I have had one on back order at B&H for ever.

Thanks,
Eli

tashley

Subscriber Member

Thanks,
Eli
I have one on order too. For five minutes today I thought I'd lost the charger (I was out and about and had it in a backpack) and though it did then show up, I was for those five minutes thinking 'well that's one pretty aluminium paperweight for the next few weeks'...

pflower

There must be some out there. I ordered my camera directly from Hasselblad UK and it arrived with 2 extra batteries. (Have to say that they are useful. The manual does say that the batteries only reach full capacity after a couple of total discharges and re-charges. The first couple of batteries I used, fully charged for the first time, didn't last very long although that was admittedly with a lot of playing around rather than just making images. Hopefully having recharged them they will last longer).

The more I use this camera the better I like it.

Thanks,
Eli